***** Deadpool (Spirit of Vengeance) ***** - An MPQ Original Character

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "matched or destroyed" generally excludes "removed," "stolen," and "overwritten," which are operations that can be performed by certain powers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's the beauty of fortifying tiles. Even fortified trap tiles get triggered when you match them and they still stay on the board. For example, Mysterio's.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's the beauty of fortifying tiles. Even fortified trap tiles get triggered when you match them and they still stay on the board. For example, Mysterio's.
    I think some of these behaviors are bugs though - like Medusa's tile has made attacks when fortified without going away, and I think other times not, it seems to get "fixed" and "broken" across various releases occasionally. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Polaris is a great example.  If you "match" a fortified special tile, that tile is not destroyed BUT her Electromagnetic Resonance passive activates and it creates the extra tiles.  And her power specifically says "matches or destroys".  I see DSoV working the same way.  The tile is "matched" even if fortified.  It just doesn't get destroyed.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Polaris is a great example.  If you "match" a fortified special tile, that tile is not destroyed BUT her Electromagnetic Resonance passive activates and it creates the extra tiles.  And her power specifically says "matches or destroys".  I see DSoV working the same way.  The tile is "matched" even if fortified.  It just doesn't get destroyed.
    But those are special tiles, not special repeaters. In fact this power is quite unique. The most closest one is DD 3* (not the 5* because it says he will create another one if it doesnt exist none). The only problem is DD 3* are traps.
    If you can fortify a trap and try it, the theory will be proved if the traps multiplies.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Bad said:
    But those are special tiles, not special repeaters. In fact this power is quite unique. The most closest one is DD 3* (not the 5* because it says he will create another one if it doesnt exist none). The only problem is DD 3* are traps.
    If you can fortify a trap and try it, the theory will be proved if the traps multiplies.

Why do we think Deadpool can only have 1 Red out? Nothing in the power description would indicate that. He should be able to spam it as much as he likes similar to how 3* DD uses his Blue except the timer gets restarted/spawned only when you match/destroy the existing one. Note there is no wording that says he can only have 1 of these out.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's a bug but I think for trap tiles fired via active abilities, they work pretty well with fortification. I haven't tried it on Black Cat's or Jessica Jones' passive trap tiles yet.

Also, his red power is a cd tile, not a repeater.

And that brings me to revamped Bishop's Overclocked. Even though his ability didn't state that you can't have more than one Overclocked cd tile out; however, when you tried to fire another one, it throws up an error. I think we will find out in his Introduction... soon.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    I'm not talking about the type of tile.  I'm talking about match/destroy.  The discussion above was about whether matching it while fortified would kick off the power or not.  Doesn't matter if it is special or repeater or countdown.  I'm focusing on whether a power is activated based on the description.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Me want.

I love that black. 6 AP for 150% damage? Depending on how Okoye works with IH, it could be a quick one shot on her. 

I love repeating countdowns that stun (3* Daredevil).

I love AP stealing passives.

I don't really see any meta-level synergies, but I just love these type of abilities.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    does that truly happen???

I mean, I JUST played her earlier today (of course), and I used a match-4 to destroy a fortified tile that was not part of the match itself, but part of the row.  The fortified SAP tile lost its fortification, but did NOT create more tiles.

I was a bit surprised... but it happened again within the same match.

Did I just get a bit of a bug or glitch?  Am I hallucinating?  :tongue:
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is he going to be in the regular 5* pool or a special anniversary-only character?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PorkBelly said:
    Is he going to be in the regular 5* pool or a special anniversary-only character?

A limited 5 would be a terrible idea
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,007 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PorkBelly said:
    If this were a limited character I would expect that to be stated in the announcement.  Since it isn't and we've never had a limited 5 I'd say it's safe to say that he isn't limited.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we stop making up fake characters and just focus on comic/movie characters that are still not in this game.

Odin the All-Father
    Adam Warlock
    Ultron
    Mantis
    Hank Pym Ant-Man
    Richard Rider Nova
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    For examples 
    all aren't in this game but we got fake Samurai Daken and now Ghost Rider Deadpool
    Counterpoint: Other than Morrison's run on New X-Men, I haven't read a Marvel title in more than 30 years and don't know who many of the characters are anyway.  I like the game-created characters just fine.  They're fun and have some interesting ideas behind them.  Bring on Deadpool and many more like him!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Richard Rider Nova would be a pointless duplicate in every single way - what does he bring to the game? I mean if we get him, fine but that to me would be the epitome of pointless unimaginative duplucation. If we are going to have Hank Pym also we could at least have a non Ant Man version. 5* Deadpool looks fun enough to me, I just really don't see what the harm is. It was like when somebody was complaining about Maria Hill being in game and used Sunspot as an example of a "more important character" - important to who?!?!? Maria Hill was Director of S.H.I.E.L.D!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they do the wise thing giving him low health and no heal. Otherwise he would be meta and the best 5* without any doubt with skills like those. Now he needs a supporting team, or strong partners as dangerous as him, or being champed to advanced levels...
    Now the ball is in our field, we creative and humble players.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    I think they do the wise thing giving him low health and no heal. Otherwise he would be meta and the best 5* without any doubt with skills like those. Now he needs a supporting team, or strong partners as dangerous as him, or being champed to advanced levels...
    Now the ball is in our field, we creative and humble players.
    Which part would make him the best 5*? I don’t even see top 10 potential. Low health is usually reserved for healers, like Deadpool. It seems they just forgot his most important power.

I’m happy to be wrong, but looks “b tier” at best as is.