Next to be rebalanced *cough* Nerfed???

Options
HuracanDolor
HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
Who should be nerfed next to bring real balance to MPQ?

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really hope this is a joke thread. . .
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iHulk. He is completely broken.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Borstock said:
    iHulk. He is completely broken.
    IH was always a candidate to be OP because passive aoe that can be boosted by okoye is a huge threat in pvp.  But I don't expect any changes to him demi/d3 can squeeze a little more blood from that particular stone with special LT stores and direct shard purchases.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I have a feeling the two next we’ll hear about are iHulk and BRB, but I don’t really want a nerf to either 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it could be Polaris, BRB or iHulk.

In the beginning, OML and Gambit were nerfed.

Recently, Bishop and Capworthy were nerfed.

In the future, it could be BRB and iHulk. 

Currently, BRB is on winfinite mode with Polaris and a character who can destroy the board using green/blue board destruction. It's mainly because BRB helps his team to gain 1 green and 1 blue ap for every protect tile matched/destroyed.

As for iHulk, he and Okoye could bring us back to those PvP days two to three years ago where the meta is stale: it's always Thorokoye. Now, it's always iHulk and Okoye.

Maybe, Okoye should be the one getting nerfed afterall. She's the source of elevating almost all characters' passive to new height.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It won't be Polaris. She's not scheduled for a nerf until 1st quarter 2023. 5-stars don't get nerfed unless they weaken health pack (or other) sales, especially if they're only good with Okoye or Kitty (who have never been nerfed and probably never will). Gambit was the one exception but he was as close to completely and utterly broken as any character in MPQ has been since Ragnarok could wipe your entire team for 2AP.

We should be talking about buffing classic characters, not nerfing new ones.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I doubt healthpack sales is important to them in recent years. If it is, Okoye would have been nerfed because she saves on healthpacks. Since Covid-19 WFH arrangement, players are getting free healthpacks almost every month. 

Based on 2018 breakdown, here's where HP usages go to:

Roster Slots: ~ 60% of HP spent
    Comic Packs: ~ 30%
    *Others: ~10%

Others would include Heroes for Hire, Health Packs, Boosts, Shields, etc.

BRB (with supports that true heals) and Okoye do save on healthpacks, if we are going for the healthpack route. So, they could be the one.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IHulk for sure, since they removed the best counter we had against him (Bishop).
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IHulk isn’t a threat , it’s only the combo everyone uses him with . BRB is more dangerous on his own . I can see Polaris becoming the new hated  threat soon as more champ her . I’m already taking out a full Gritty with just her 9/13 and Okoye . 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It won't happen until spring 2022, so why worry about it now?
  • Vhailorx
    edited September 2020
    Options
    IHulk isn’t a threat , it’s only the combo everyone uses him with . BRB is more dangerous on his own . I can see Polaris becoming the new hated  threat soon as more champ her . I’m already taking out a full Gritty with just her 9/13 and Okoye . 
    Umm, he can't be killed first, does 30k damage for 7 red ap, does ~5k aoe damage every other turn passively, and his best partner just happens to boost that site damage to crazy levels.  This is the type of kit that make characters a real person to fight in PVP, where unavoidable damage to to weaker support characters makes sustained climbing very hard (and makes halfthor much harder to use). He is definitely one of the "stunlock is far and away the best option' characters, and we just lost our best PvP stunlockers.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    iHulk is not a threat, but iHulk and Okoye is a big threat. If the devs aren't planning to nerf either one of them, then create a 5* that can either:

1) convert green basic tile to other colour or
    2) create special tiles on green basic tiles

Passively. This should do the trick.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm really playing a lot with okoye, let's delete her from my roster. 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So people will be happy if they,

Kitty- nerf how high she buffs tiles and reduce her purple count down from removing one tile each turn 

Okoye- cap how much extra damage she can boost others powers by with her black

5Thor- reduce the amount of attack power he generates

Ihulk- cut his AOE damage in half, make red cost 9 attack power 

Polaris- reduce how many specials she adds when matching one, cut in half how many tiles she buffs 

You all really want to see these characters gutted ?

I don't want that personally. On the above list of whom it sounds like most feel are overpowered or who you see the most in PVP being exploited for their gimmicks being a bit too highly tuned, I'd say Polaris and Kitty may be likely to get nerfed down a bit. 

Seems like a lot of complaints I'm reading about on this forum are about things getting way too out of control when protects or strike tiles are buffed too high too fast. Characters that create tiles shouldn't be punished, but I can see those that buff them at too high of a rate and frequently being on the block for a nerf or tuning to reduce their buffage. 

I'd like to continue to see D3 buff characters and rebalance others in the same update like they did recently. I do feel like this isn't something they are or will be very good at however. The amount of power creep, or one release way overtuned while the other is weak sauce, and how minimal they have buffed characters that needed them in past, gives me zero confidence we can count on D3 to do a good job rebalancing in either direction. 
  • SolidusMox
    SolidusMox Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I didn't want Hammer Cap nerfed nor do I want any of these nerfed. CL 10 challenge node is hard enough. Without them it would become near impossible for me to complete. Even with them I am using too many health packs. New counters would be a better solution for PVP than gutting my  PVE get.
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My Immortal Hulk is at 0/2/0 so I'm hoping they nerf how much he hurts my team when I'm forced to drag that garbage into an essential node. I'm stuck in 4* land so pretty much anybody I pair with him loses 10% of their health per turn once he starts dying.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We've seen D3 nerf characters to utter uselessness and buff others to fractionally better at most. Taking this into consideration and how rarely they rebalance, I think it's safe to say anyone hoping they will bring up somewhere in the ball park of 50+ characters to be on par with the few that some feel are overpowered, that's not going to happen. 

I'd love to be able to use the majority of my roster instead of the same 4 or 5 characters for all content. However that seems like a pipe dream as there has been no great effort to rebalance each tier to really address the weaker characters. If D3 just wants to cherry pick a handful of characters once in a blue moon, that's not going to bring up the weaker characters anytime soon. 

This is all pretty disappointing of course, especially for a game that doesn't really pump out as much new content or features as other mobile games. It would be one thing if rebalancing took a back seat because they were so busy releasing awesome new content at a faster rate than they do now. The only thing they release at a rapid pace is 4 and 5 stars. This formula with the balance issues the game has, the hard time most have being able to cover the 5s they want, and lack of fun new content, the game really needs a shake up. 

Also I'm really sick of the way mew 5s are rolled out. I absolutely hate the store they have before they hit latest legends where the new 5 is paired with 2 older ones and you have to use CPs. I wish they would give each 5 a special store where it's just that one 5 and you can use LLs or CPs, maybe keep the store open just a few days but give players a chance to really target that new 5 they want the most before they hit the LL trio store. This would still give those who horde or 4* players a chance to build a bunch of pulls for the LL trio, and also allow others who have 5* rosters built up skip the trash characters and just spend hard earned resources on the ones we really like most.