New Event: Introducing...

Options

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    15 shards is basically 5 LTs. I don't get them as quickly as others do thats fine to me.

I just want to try out Onslaught.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having each new character receive an introductory story event is something I've always wanted. I never liked it when a new character was just dropped into an existing event as a reward without even being part of the story, so this seems like a great improvement. Plus, getting an opportunity to try out the new character (possibly at different builds depending on the nodes? 3/5/5, 5/5/3, etc.) is always fun. 
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is awesome! I love it.

No further snark even, that‘s a first from me. I would enjoy the event even without any shards, just for the character intro.

More ideas like this! Much appreciated, whoever pushed forward on this (probably Marvel?).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Totally awesome! Just relaxing and reading some arts. Like always there are the negative group complaining. 
    Well before that you had 0 shards. Now you can have 15 shards if you want to play. 
    And if you dont want as you say you will not lose anything.  Except freeing your negativity here saying things about slapped faces like you were a d3 shareholder.
    Before playing it I can say that I love the idea and makes appreciate what always has been Marvel. 
    Thanks!
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. Perhaps adding these to the Prologue section can help new players to get incentivised to carry on playing as the shards won't expire and they can have something to be excited about working towards.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, I thought we would be able to try out a loaner Onslaught? This feels more like a DDQ thing to me.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Hmm, I thought we would be able to try out a loaner Onslaught? This feels more like a DDQ thing to me.

Maybe this will be "built" towards over the event and one day you get to use Onslaught.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    15 shards is basically 5 LTs. I don't get them as quickly as others do thats fine to me.

I just want to try out Onslaught.
    if you pull a 5* with an LT then technically that LT was worth 503 shards. i get what you're saying, but 15 shards is kind of a slap in the face. if the devs had a clue they would have given out 150 shards. not quite a full cover. but enough to kind of get us on the way. if they are going to keep up this 5* release rate, they might need to supplement LT pulls with other means of acquiring 5* cause it's going to be hard to keep up for a lot of folk. you're already seeing some leave as it is.
  • RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    Regarding the rewards, I would point out also that there is 2500 iso in progression, plus the individual node rewards.  I understand there are many comments and threads that iso has no value for some longtime and high tier players.  I need it and appreciate it, as (has been pointed out in many threads) the amount of iso overall has dipped since shards entered rewards.  I like the event as a nice addition, with rewards that work for me.  I don't care about the shards much.  I am not a 5 star player, so the 5 star tier represents only the cost of a roster spot for me and the reaction of, "cool __ is in the game now" - yes, I need them for required nodes, but I have relied on luck, not shards, to get that first cover to date.
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Bad

I don’t want to get too into it with you, but player base is player base. With no players, there is no game. I can let Hound or Roadwarrior explain finer details of game economy.

For me, while I do appreciate the event, it represents who knows how many hours of work. Could that work have been better spent trying to find ways to stem the sloughing of player base? Maybe. I almost dread new content these days because it is almost always tied to an artificial recession. I can try to be positive here and think maybe they’ll use metrics to find a better equilibrium, but it feels like a human shaking a key ring at a puppy.

@Devs

Seconding Hound here. Some way to read the panels and appreciate  the finer details of the artwork for phone users is probably something a number of players would like (not sure how many strictly phone users there are).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This idea is awesome, particularly for b-side characters. Onslaught specifically came out way after I'd "outgrown" comics, so I only know his deal from googling it.

The difficulty of node-1 for my champed profe$$or x was such that I nearly won on my first swipe, since i had a match-4 available on turn-1. That's fine, because it's about the degree of time investment on my part that I think these rewards are worth. 

I think it would be pretty awesome if this event were tied to all those classic character rebalances we were told were in the works, and it would give out System Reboot quality rewards when they happen.
  • Bad
    Options
    Truth is the introductory photo on this thread looks a lot larger than in my mobile. It would be nice to see those arts as if it were char covers.
    About rewards, I finished that battle in less than 2 minutes. What do you want for that amount of time? 2 onslaught covers?
    Another question, did you receive the healthy gifts? Or they were another slap in the face?
    Some of them were good free resources imo.
    But feel free to claim a portion of the moon if you want.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    @Bad

Guess I have to say it again. Not wanting to get into it with you. Way to take valid points expressed by a majority of forum users and go all land rights on the moon with it.
  • Bad
    Options
    Ok. I will relax. But dont loose sight on the moon meanwhile. Its important.
  • krakenoon
    Options
    I mean, it does help protect against debris & regulate some pretty important cycles.

Boots on the moon in 2024!
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    Good idea, now I just hope I remember the information from these 50 years from now when I actually get them covered
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Meh, can‘t read any of the background text and the battle starts right without an additional story. That‘s a letdown. :-(
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Prof X handled it just fine and for some added spice, Wolverine finished Magneto off! Now for anybody not in the know, Wolverine is indirectly responsible for the creation of Onslaught when he in the comics attacked Magneto causing Mags to retaliate by ripping out his adamantium which leads to panel 1 in this event! Duck for cover Wolvie!