• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    *snip*
    *snip*
    I honestly don’t know what Northstar does haha. *snip*

I am pretty sure that Northstar does 2 things:

(1) he has a decent blue that destroys a row and potentially regens some blue/yellow/black ap
    (2) he turns yellow and black AP into a literal waste of time as you watch animations/banners than accomplish nothing.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The trick failed. So I should say goodbye to my LL token( although I have 1 day left for making appear with magic1 logan cover lol).
    It sounds like the final day was easy, and for so are complains too. Never rains to all people desires lol.
    About whales, let it be. 
    This char was a top supporter and surely all nodes can be beated although not having the 5* champed.
    About northstar and emma, first that is not gonna happen. The 4* will be new. Second I suppose they will design the nodes accordingly if the character is kinda weak ( I suppose you are not going to repeat all those nodes each month isnt it. Isnt it.)
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still love this event overall, at least you could access it all - most shield events very few can access certain parts:disappointed:

So its not easy, so the characters are limited, so the event 'anti-climaxed' on the last day, yes it could be better but I felt good for completing my first ever shield event completely :D
  • argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    The new event, instead of gating the training on 3 4*s, is officially gating it on a single 5* (OML in this case.) Of course, folks with a weak 5* can whale, or in this case, Valkyrie worked wonders.

Opening things up for the final event was nice. Valkyrie plus Hellcat is a pretty killer.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To Daredevil217
    You got the wrong person. I don't advocate for "the little guy" often. I'm not that noble. I've always been labelled as "pro-dev" by you guys in this forum. :/

Being pro-dev automatically means anti-players because their solutions centre around reducing in-game resources, increase time spent playing the game, and increase money spent by players in order to progress. How my "pro-dev" label changed to "advocate for the little guy" so quickly just so you can write a long post to take a shot at me.

I don't think I ever said using Thanos and Bishop is lazy. I did say that about Thorkoye and using Whales. So, please don't put words into my mouth.

It doesn't affect me how many players can win the challenge, so it's nothing to do with insecurity. I've already explained what the results of "Challenge" should entail. This non-timed challenge event/training ground come only once per month (hopefully) on average and it is the only opportunity where players can come together to work out different solutions, explore different strategies, and uncover characters that have been forgotten. To just whale through the nodes are really meaningless. 
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Feliz

If you lack OML, you could not compete in all of it. Those of us lacking missed 3 nodes at the least.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought it was a good event, pretty well designed. But I have a champed OML -- not sure how I'll feel about things when I don't have the required 5* champed...

• argle_bargle
    argle_bargle Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I think one thing often missed when people are discussing/arguing about aspects of this game is that it's kind of like an MMO, in that there are many ways to play the game.

There are many goals to choose from and there's no one way to play the game.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    *snip*
    *snip*

(1) he has a decent blue that destroys a row and potentially regens some blue/yellow/black ap
    (2) he turns yellow and black AP into a literal waste of time as you watch animations/banners than accomplish nothing.

Northstar's yellow power converts 5 of the target's strongest colour into teamups.  Meaning that you can strategically aim for a teamup match/matches.

I actually bring Northstar along when I need to whale a CN.  Using a support that gives me chance of yellow AP at match start, boosting all-AP and teamups, and the whales teamup.

So he does have one good purpose.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today's final node was really a nice surprise! I was expecting a horrendous level 600+ wave slog, and instead it was a perfectly manageable fight. I am pretty sure it was the first time I've ever earned the LT in Shield Training, so that combined with 1/2 of a new 4* seemed pretty reasonable in my book. The massive jump in difficulty on day 2 & 3 does seem a little odd - it's almost like one team developed day 1 & 4, and another team developed day 2 & 3, without a lot of communication between them. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    abenness said:
    Vhailorx said:
    *snip*
    *snip*

Northstar's yellow power converts 5 of the target's strongest colour into teamups.  Meaning that you can strategically aim for a teamup match/matches.

I actually bring Northstar along when I need to whale a CN.  Using a support that gives me chance of yellow AP at match start, boosting all-AP and teamups, and the whales teamup.

So he does have one good purpose.
    I guess.  I already have 2* marvel and okoye to make teamup ap with yellow. And there are a half a dozen better ways of denying the enemy their own strongest color directly or indirectly (off the top of my head, OBW, hood, 3* blade, lumbercap, 5* storm, yelena) and so bringing along Northstar for that purpose would probably never occur to me.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I think nobody is here antiplayer or prodev but progame (or at least that would be the most idealistic to be). 
    That being said, now tell me what are the specific claims and the ways you are willing to use for asking them and then I will tell you if they are right, reasonable or desirable.
    Because not all players are the same and not all players want the same. 
    If an argument is reasonable, right, and is exposed in manners no one could have any problem with that.
    And always being open to undernstand that the slight change has consequences and they should be measured by the real interested here. Devs.
    In any case, be welcome to debate anything.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No trigger was pulled and no nerve was struck.  :)

Done.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Vhailorx said:
    I don't love nodes that lock-in 2/3 of the combo (especially not with that 2/3 selection being made by a combo of RNG and demi's famously bad team-building strategies).
    Of course. I recall having a node with KK, 2*Wolverine and someone else as essential for a Heroic event. That wasn't fun. That's why I said "That's why it is important for the developers to test the characters properly for these nodes."

We're really reliant on proper testing of the character's synergy of the featured 4* and 5* here. However, like the feedback I provided, I believe they intentionally paired Hellcat with Wolverine and they have successfully showcased her powers and potential. I hope this continues. I may be wrong and we might get a few stinkers in the future, but for now I can't comment on what hasn't happened yet.
    If I recall Mysterio's Shield Training opening mission had him paired with a strong blue user (can't remember who right now) And that one was challenging and seemed a case of lack of play testing. Almost as if the devs closed thier eyes and threw a dart to determine the characters to pair up with him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just to add $.02 to the straw man: Northstar plays well with Okoye - he scoops up colors she needs, makes more team up for less yellow than she does (just without the heal), and adds a second row clear to the kit on a color off from hers, so you get more board control. So whenever that hypothetical day comes when he is the required 4*, you may find he has more utility than generally given credit for.

Anyway, I feel like I did this the way i'd do that one - having a 4/1/4 OML at lvl 285 + a loaner meant I just soloed it with BRB, which I think will remain a viable strategy over time...
  • krakenoon
    krakenoon Posts: 355 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    N* also gives a black outlet for Okoye and uses it to send enemies airborne and destroy AP. I think Okoye would be one of the few pairings where he can truly shine even if there might be better 3rds.