Lost In Time - Havok (Apocalypse) Shards Compensation

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players get compensated accordingly to how hard they played. I can't remember the exact breakdown of the 250 shards in SCL 10 (50, 75, 125?). If that player plays until 50, he will get 50. I don't think he should get 250. 

Giving 250 shards to all players who played in SCL 8 to 10 is going to get tricky and messy because we'll have players who are going to try their luck and flood CS with emails saying that they played SCL 6/7 because of the wrong info. I have heard reports of high level players going down to even SCL 4-5. For those who didn't play LiT at all and expect 250 shards as well, they had more time for families/friends/other activities, which is bigger and more valuable than 250 Apocalypse shards, while players who traded in part of their life for shards got  what they deserve: up to 250 shards. 

Giving 250 shards to everyone is a move that will bite them in the future because 1) this sets a benchmark for future shards compensation due to similar/same mistake, and that is to say, players automatically expect and assume a minimum of 250 shards as compensation regardless of whether they played or not and 2) if similar mistakes are made in the future and they decided that players will get compensated according to the SCL they played instead, it will be another situation to handle. 

I'll be a little more positive. Maybe they will change their mind in the next few hours and gives everyone 250 Apocalypse shards. 
  • Ythik
    Ythik Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    Players get compensated accordingly to how hard they played. 
    Yes, and you got the havok shards you were supposed to get for playing Lost in Time on SCL10. What does that have to do with these additional Apocalypse shards that are being handed out on top of the SCL10 rewards you already played for?
  • Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    The GI Joe game is a growth opportunity. This game is just a steady, slowly dropping, income stream. That’s corporate talk for “no more resources are going into this game.”
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs want to give apoc shards? Yaay! Nice. Personally I always play scl10 even when there are classic 5* that I dont have and I dont like. But the 4* yes.
    And I dont understand all this ruckus when at every event its posible to check all rewards before joining (for that I dont pay attention to the forum updates too).
    So you can get angry at the forum for mess up but its dificult to being with the game. And on that event I looked the rewards and it was what I got. 
    So I guess this time Xmas comes a bit earlier with apoc shards.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I was thinking the supposed Apocalypse shards for the Boss event was a separate issue than what's happening here.  I was waiting for another few days for another similar red post resolving that, but it seems Rockett is thinking the issues are related and that the Apocalypse shards claimed for the boss event were actually for the LiT pve(instead of two separate batches of apocalypse shard rewards).

Please don't make this bait and switch con a routine thing.  It's not even been 6 months since shardpocalypse. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Give people eligible for SCL 10 250 shards, those only eligible for SCL 8/9 the 50 shards. It's that simple, no room to complain.
    For a game that shoots itself in the foot as often as this one does, completely bandaging the wound once in awhile is not a bad approach.

By design, most players will be eligible to play a particular clearance level long before they have a roster capable of the challenge.  So this would be particularly generous.

• Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I feel giving shards based on what shards you earned during the event makes the most marketing sense. That way ppl will enter higher levels more often 'just in case' and will probably get sucked into the 5* treadmill :) 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Feliz said:
    I feel giving shards based on what shards you earned during the event makes the most marketing sense. That way ppl will enter higher levels more often 'just in case' and will probably get sucked into the 5* treadmill :)    burnt out faster
    FTFY

-------

This may be the first time that I recall them coming back around to a closed event and saying "oops, we meant to give out different rewards".  Now, I'm only a bit over 5 1/4 years in and I admit I'm surprised by this one.  I  thought I'd seen all the possible errors by now since they tend to run things pretty well.

Maybe the best approach would be to not do this again?  I give them a little leeway because they just added SCL10 a little while ago and covid, work from home, first boss event under SCL10....all that.

But maybe we can just get this basic thing right?  And do what seems fair in this case.  We've all made our arguments and obviously no one is changing anyone else's mind on this at this point.  I'll wait and see what happens.
  • HoundofShadow
    I just remembered this accident. There are cases where players got their placements affected due to server issue, and people who cleared early ended up getting better placements while others got worse placement rewards for clearing "properly". They emailed CS and told them they would have gotten X rewards if not for the server issue and many of them didn't succeed in convincing them because it's difficult to prove. 

In this case, it's difficult to prove that the players would play up or play SCL 10 if they knew that Apocalypse shards are in progression rewards.

The compensation model proposed is based on effort and difficulty played. Naturally, those who did full progression got more.

What some proposed is compensation based on goodwill or generosity. 

Both are equally valid and I don't think one is right and the other is wrong. 

I think the more important thing to note is that information posted has been pretty erroneous for the past couple weeks. Their scripts are also quite wonky: PvE came earlier, 4 5* in Apocalypse CP Store etc.

I think a better approach would be to verify the information before passing it to D3, and if the information is subjected to change, make it big and bold that information is subjected to change.
  • Bad
    @Bad

“Apocalypse vs. X-Men
    May 14, 2020, 12:00 - May 17, 2020 23:59 ET
    Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Progression Rewards”
     So you do not think players have any right to be upset?  D3Go or Demi still did not answer the simple question, Were the shards ever to be in the boss event in the first place?  
    About all those communication fails, all I can guess is either there is a member planning to swicht companies when ending contract, or either they are working really bad if they cant meet because of covid.
    About the boss event without shards, it was an event exactly the same as the last. If they would had enlarge the points rewards for to earn apoc shards I would be really happy but it was the same as always. So there were no shards earned playing no matter all they could said and those rewards must be gained playing imo.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    @Bad

“Apocalypse vs. X-Men
     So you do not think players have any right to be upset?  D3Go or Demi still did not answer the simple question, Were the shards ever to be in the boss event in the first place?  
    About all those communication fails, all I can guess is either there is a member planning to swicht companies when ending contract, or either they are working really bad if they cant meet because of covid.
    About the boss event without shards, it was an event exactly the same as the last. If they would had enlarge the points rewards for to earn apoc shards I would be really happy but it was the same as always. So there were no shards earned playing no matter all they could said and those rewards must be gained playing imo.
    It wasn't exactly the same as they added 3* Deadpool shards. So they did make changes but those changes were so small it left players scratching their heads as to why Boss Events had been mothballed so long. Seems something is screwy.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    @Bad

“Apocalypse vs. X-Men
    As DAZ pointed out, they did make changes by adding in 3* shards, but again this goes back to 1 fact....communication.   The lack of communication or even a presence on the forums is a huge issue.  It has been a few days since this was posted and there is no follow up on any questions. If THIER plans were wrong on the role out of these shards, then they just need to say 
    “We were wrong.  The shards were to be in pve and they were never to be advertised to be in the Boss event.”

It is that simple. Then we will know this was to be the plan all along and furthermore know that this will be the plan for boss events in the future, no 5* shards....unless they change it again.  

Myself and other players that I talk to and most that are active here only truly want 2 things.  Communication to the player base on a more regular bases and for them to stick around and answer questions.  As a person that has played this game for 2175 days and very active on Line, the forums, Discord and even on the FB pages, it is getting increasingly frustrating that we care so much about this game and it doesn’t feel like they reciprocate this back to the player base.  It is almost like a bad relationship but I am not ready yet to walk away, other are and have.    
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just remembered this accident. There are cases where players got their placements affected due to server issue, and people who cleared early ended up getting better placements while others got worse placement rewards for clearing "properly". They emailed CS and told them they would have gotten X rewards if not for the server issue and many of them didn't succeed in convincing them because it's difficult to prove. 

In this case, it's difficult to prove that the players would play up or play SCL 10 if they knew that Apocalypse shards are in progression rewards.

The compensation model proposed is based on effort and difficulty played. Naturally, those who did full progression got more.

What some proposed is compensation based on goodwill or generosity. 

Both are equally valid and I don't think one is right and the other is wrong. 

I think the more important thing to note is that information posted has been pretty erroneous for the past couple weeks. Their scripts are also quite wonky: PvE came earlier, 4 5* in Apocalypse CP Store etc.

I think a better approach would be to verify the information before passing it to D3, and if the information is subjected to change, make it big and bold that information is subjected to change.
    There was 2 very specific times that this happened and both were S1 pve.  The one I remember directly because it was January 1st and I had a hell of a hangover trying to play pve.  On top of the January 1st one, it was a 7 day event to make it even worse.  One of these events they did take care of us and the other one they did not do anything at all for us.  For the one that they did compensate us, I provided SS of every ending sub and LB until the event was over.   This was the same method I did when I kept yelling as loud as I could about the Door 1 Slice 1 PVE issue that they did not know about.  It took 3 times for this event to run for them to finally fix it because I would not stop talking about it and kept pushing them on this and posting about it. Finally they figured it out and did compensate all the Door 1 players that this effected.  
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2020
    @HoundofShadow

I remember the events where server issues messed up people's play (at least generally) but I am not sure they have ever come back around to an event after it was over and said "oops, wrong rewards were given out".

As I said, I am truly surprised this happened.  And that they are coming forward and addressing this.  And issuing additional rewards.  Based on recent past experience I thought they'd just ignore the whole thing, so I suppose we should be grateful they are being communicative on this.
  • HoundofShadow
    I think I remember those two PvEs& compensations. One of them gave LT or 4* covers based on placement, I think, and the other was like a typical compensation. There were also other instances of short period of server issue that some experienced and they didn't seem to get any compensation.

I think some might want to be alert about info posted (if they depend a lot on them to make decisions) or weird tokens and timing issues. The number of times wrong info were given is more than usual during this period. Before Covid-19 caused people to work from home, I don't remember seeing so many weird issues happening in such a short period.
  • Bad
    edited May 2020
    The rockett 
      The lack of communication or even a presence on the forums is a huge issue.  
     It is almost like a bad relationship 
    I agree and I like that phrase. But dont forget that a relationship must be taken care on by both sides. By action or by inaction our side as players Im not sure if it is at the peak of friendship precisely towards devs.
    By the fact is obvious they dont have a Community Manager because these issues could be solved.
    But beware! That is not a requírement and they could limit to do their job.
    And now look at that!150 rescue shards! That was a really nice gift wishing our safety.
    And happens that I play other games and this is the only one giving presents on the pandemic.
    I wont forget that once all has passed by.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX got 125 Apoc shards. Where is the other 125 that is part of the progression in 10? 
  • bluewolf
    I got 125 Apocalypse shards just now. 

W
    T
    F
    !!!!!!

Shouldn’t I have gotten 250? I played SCL10 past full progression. Did 7x on most nodes.  

I just have to laugh at how badly this has gone.  :D
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Just received 125 Apocalypse shards although I played to full progression and received 250 Havok shards when i played that event. This must be a mistake.