Lost In Time - Havok (Apocalypse) Shards Compensation

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
We will be compensating players who received 5-Star Shards in the near future for a mix-up in the recent Lost In Time event. The Progression Rewards in this event were meant to have been new 5-Star Character Shards. In this case, it ended up being Havok Shards instead. 

Apocalypse Shards will be going out to accompany your SCL 8, 9, and 10 progress rewards in the Lost In Time event. So if you got 50 Havok Shards, you'll get a gift of 50 Apocalypse Shards as well. We're planning on running this compensation early next week.

Comments

• bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The timing was expected but not the result. Applause. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX
    Thank You for posting. Curious of why the Boss event was posted to have Apoc shards.  How did that get messed up? 
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for the update.

As Rockett mentioned... 

Apocalypse vs. X-Men May 14, 2020, 12:00 – May 17, 2020, 23:59 ET
    Apocalypse (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards

Can we please have an update on this one as well?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In a similar vein I skipped this pve because I also didn't need Havok.  This change have been made known even while the event was running.  Lesson of the story seems to be : Always play every event.  
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also played down because I wasn’t interested in Havok shards. This kind of error is pretty terrible because many players base their SCL choice on character rewards listed in the preview, and after the fact there is no real way to make it right for those players. At least the players who played the right level will get the right rewards. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the compensation and for the compensation and for the announcement.  I had been waiting to post about the shards to see if there was compensation or Apocalypse awarded in another event.  My patience was rewarded so again I will say thank you.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice enough offer, but not particularly helpful for those of us who didn't play LiT because we didn't want havok shards.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Nice enough offer, but not particularly helpful for those of us who didn't play LiT because we didn't want havok shards.
    But it is extremely helpful for those of us who played SCL10 to get the 250 shards needed for another Havok cover. :)
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Double shards.  Winning!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX
    Question for you.  Are you saying that the shards for Apocalypse were to be in Lost In Time pve and not the boss event?  Can you please clarify this?   Your post below for Apocalypse still says a player will be Apocalypse shards as personal progression for this Boss event.  

So were the Apocalypse shards ever to be in the Boss event?  

How did this make in into an announcement for his release if that was not to be the case?  

For me personally, it doesn’t matter since I always play SL10, but I have other ally mates and friends that are pissed because we went off of the OFFICIAL announcement by D3Go and Demi on what the rewards were to be.  We followed this and now this is changed up.  This doesn’t seem right to me or a lot of other players.  Can you please comment on this?  

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @IceIX
    Question for you.  Are you saying that the shards for Apocalypse were to be in Lost In Time pve and not the boss event?  Can you please clarify this?   Your post below for Apocalypse still says a player will be Apocalypse shards as personal progression for this Boss event.  

So were the Apocalypse shards ever to be in the Boss event?  

How did this make in into an announcement for his release if that was not to be the case?  

For me personally, it doesn’t matter since I always play SL10, but I have other ally mates and friends that are pissed because we went off of the OFFICIAL announcement by D3Go and Demi on what the rewards were to be.  We followed this and now this is changed up.  This doesn’t seem right to me or a lot of other players.  Can you please comment on this?  

The best way to handle this is just to run an event with apoc shards in prog this week.  let people know BEFORE the event starts that it will have apoc shards as the reward. Doing it retroactively doesn't really solve the whole problem because people make decisions about how to play based on the rewards.
  • Mitchslap
    Mitchslap Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There's so many people here wanting shards for not playing the game.
  • ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mitchslap said:
    There's so many people here wanting shards for not playing the game.
    I know you’re just trolling but not a single person has asked for free shards for not playing. Not a single person has suggested every player should get the Apoc shards. That would be a terrible solution to the problem. The only people getting anything for free are the ones who happened to play SCL8-10.  And I’m happy for those people, but that doesn’t help those of us who would have played up if the devs hadn’t screwed up.
  • Ythik
    Ythik Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ArchusMonk said:
    That would be a terrible solution to the problem.
    I mean I can think of worse solutions.

Just giving literally everyone half an Apocalypse cover as an apology for this screw up and also for the overall mess of having back to back fives wouldn't be the worst move they could make.
  • Dhaunas
    Dhaunas Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Ythik said:
    ArchusMonk said:
    That would be a terrible solution to the problem.
    I mean I can think of worse solutions.

Just giving literally everyone half an Apocalypse cover as an apology for this screw up and also for the overall mess of having back to back fives wouldn't be the worst move they could make.
    It would be a terrible solution... give everyone half an Apoc cover, despite not everyone being able to do scl10? That's a horrible idea, in particular as it punishes those who actually ground through scl10 on the event -- they could've just breezed through scl9 or lower (as you think EVERYONE should get the scl10 progression amount of shards).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait a second...

Anyone who played in SCL10 got the shards in progression, assuming they completed it.  I did it to finish off my 12th Havok cover (gotta catch em all, right?).

Let's review chronologically.....

1.  Forum post tells us that the boss event will have Apocalypse shards.  It seemed plausible, given the very long hiatus that boss events had, that the rewards might have gotten a boost.

2.  A Sneak Peek Update told us that LiT would have Havok shards, which it did, and which we got if we played it (for whichever SCL you played).

3.  The boss event launched with no Apocalypse shards anywhere in rewards, resulting in much anger and confusion.

4.  Devs announce they made a mistake and would be rewarding anyone who got Havok shards with equal Apocalypse shards.  Too late to go back in time (without getting lost?) and play up.

I can see why people are still upset, even if I am not, with the way this turned out.

------

I have no issue with the devs just saying "Oops, here's a half Poccy for everyone who played LiT and qualifies for SCL 10."

In my opinion, it is more than reasonable - it is advisable - to tailor your approach to PVE based on which character is in rewards.  SCL10 drains resources as well as time and many players choose to drop down in various PVEs just to avoid burnout.

Given some of the recent moves and general level of community morale it would be a nice move to go a bit above and beyond with this one and hand out Poccy's for anyone.  Maybe it would be possible to limit it to people who not only qualify for SCL10 but have played it to progression in the recent past.  That would seem fair to me.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After all that has happened with changes and seudo mistakes ingame I am amazed some players believe the devs will rethink their solution. It is already been comunicated and will not change.