Lost In Time - Havok (Apocalypse) Shards Compensation

Options

Comments

• Ythik
    Ythik Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Dhaunas said:
    It would be a terrible solution... give everyone half an Apoc cover, despite not everyone being able to do scl10? That's a horrible idea, in particular as it punishes those who actually ground through scl10 on the event -- they could've just breezed through scl9 or lower (as you think EVERYONE should get the scl10 progression amount of shards).
    You got the rewards you were supposed to get for doing 10 though? Not sure why you think you deserve more rewards than everyone else when you already got the SCL10 rewards that you expected to get for doing 10 and which caused you to decide to do 10 in the first place.

Also I'm not necessarily saying they should give everyone a free half a cover, but it'd be a better answer than what they're currently planning to do, apparently.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Players who continue to play hard (SCL 10 in this context), regardless of what the 5* rewards were, got the best compensation due to this unfortunate mix-up. The rest got rewarded accordingly. For me, I got 0 Apocalypse shards.

I don't think they should be giving everyone Apocalypse shards because it doesn't make sense and it also serve to undermine the efforts of players who continued to push on in SCL 10.

They will be giving everyone 150 Rescue shards though.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 772 Critical Contributor
    Options

They will be giving everyone 150 Rescue shards though.

Aww poor Peppa 😂😂 she’s the only character I have left to put ISO into 

holding out for a week hopefully I’ll be fully ISO covered soon 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Mayo said:
    After all that has happened with changes and seudo mistakes ingame I am amazed some players believe the devs will rethink their solution. It is already been comunicated and will not change.

For me, it is not to make them change their mind, I simply want to know if they ever planned on putting Apoc shards into the boss event that THEY posted the information about and told all tHe players that come to the forums that this is the event that you would be getting them in, not the Lost in Time PVE that was never mentioned about Apoc shards.  It is that simple and honestly is not wrong to ask since THEY advertised Apoc shards for
    the boss event in the Apoc announcement.  
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ... it also serve to undermine the efforts of players who continued to push on in SCL 10.

I don't understand this portion of your comment. Can you elaborate? How does getting any amount of free/additional/compensatory shards undermine anyone's SCL 10 PVE playing? Seems like any acceleration toward champing Poccy would be a positive.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    This is a compensation for the mix-up, not a free giveaway like the 200 5* Angel shards and upcoming 150 5* Rescue shards. 5* shards as progression rewards exist only in SCL 8 (50 shards) to SCL 10 (250 shards). The amount of compensation is based on the amount of 5* shards they gained for that PvE.

SCL 1 - 7 don't have 5* shards as progression rewards. It doesn't make sense for them to "compensate" players playing in these 7 SCLs because even without this mix-up, they are not getting 5* shards anyway.

Let's assume that they decide to give all players 5* shards as compensation, what's the possibility of them giving everyone 250 Apocalypse shards? The chance is zero. It's highly likely everyone is going to get 50 or 100 Apocalypse shards and it will be a slap in the face to those who pushed on in SCL 10.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,375 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a compensation for the mix-up, not a free giveaway like the 200 5* Angel shards and upcoming 150 5* Rescue shards. 5* shards as progression rewards exist only in SCL 8 (50 shards) to SCL 10 (250 shards). The amount of compensation is based on the amount of 5* shards they gained for that PvE.

SCL 1 - 7 don't have 5* shards as progression rewards. It doesn't make sense for them to "compensate" players playing in these 7 SCLs because even without this mix-up, they are not getting 5* shards anyway.

Let's assume that they decide to give all players 5* shards as compensation, what's the possibility of them giving everyone 250 Apocalypse shards? The chance is zero. It's highly likely everyone is going to get 50 or 100 Apocalypse shards and it will be a slap in the face to those who pushed on in SCL 10.
    There is a lot of variability possible in how they approach this.

In the past, they have looked back at people's placement in various events (like when there was a server outage) and issued rewards for apparent missed rewards.  Or looked at who played what and given out some compensation, as we are seeing here.

I agree that blanket-issuing Apocalypse shards to every single player would be a bad approach.

As I already suggested, they could narrow down first to players who qualify for SCL10, which is a fraction of the total players.  They could probably fairly easily narrow down to just those who played LiT in SCL9 or 10 and give all of them 250 Apocalypse shards and give those who went to SCL8 the equal number of Apocalypse shards that they got from 8.  Or maybe just give them to everyone who completed all the 5* shard progression in 8/9/10.

The problem, probably, is anything that attempts to make it "more fair" by considering player choices is (probably) going to require more work and effort on their part vs just pulling in the data on who got what before and issuing the rewards to everyone based on what they did vs what they might have done.

People will spend on Apocalypse regardless of what they do so there's not a lot of incentive to try to make this more fair or right.  Plus, I guess we all see that no matter what approach they take someone will complain that it's not "fair".
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I think there are many camps of players to take care of. Let's say if non-competitive players slogged it out in SCL 10, and players who had it easy in SCL 8 got the same amount of shards compensation (250 shards) as those who played SCL 10, I'm sure there would be some who would be unhappy with this compensation arrangement. In a way, players in SCL 8 got rewarded for having it easy and earning more than what they deserved. SCL 8 gives a total of 50 5* shards as progression reward. 

Back when the dev gave some awesome compensations based on placements a couple years back, some players actually complained that they don't deserve that much of a compensation in reddit and felt unfair for others who got shortchanged. You might be surprised at this but human emotions/psychology is not an easy thing to manage. You might think that all players will be happy if they gave everyone 250 Apocalypse shards, and find it unbelievable that there are those who are actually not happy. Since half a cover does exactly nothing for anyone, then it makes sense to give compensation based on how much and how hard they played.

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    Human psychology is not an easy thing to manage. They can't make decisons based on feedbacks from this forum alone. We have no idea what kind of feedbacks from other channels they received in the past about compensation efforts.

I don't think giving an extra 100-200 Apocalypse shards will improve the relationship between the players and devs. Shardpocalypse flooded many players with free covers/shards and this lasted for a very short while. So, this compensation will last for even a shorter period. Then, we'll be back to problems about how the devs are more interested in solving dilutions with cash bundles and how lack of 5* feeders are making players unmotivated etc.

I do notice that recently, there are more instances where information posted are not accurate. I'm not sure if they have a newbie/intern on board the company or things are out of sync somehow. 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ok, thank you for expanding on this. I personally don't agree with your line of thinking here though. Speaking for myself, I played SCL 10 without any expectation of getting anything other than the listed rewards as that decision was made prior to any understanding of a mixup, and in fact the 5* shards I did get were useful to me.

I would have been fine getting 50 or 100 extras shards if that was what they decided to do. I'd have in no way felt like I was "slapped in the face" (I have felt that way before with this game, but not over this) since I was already compensated as expected.

This is a moot point however since they have decided to go another way.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The thing with managing players' expectations is that whatever the devs do, some camps will still be unhappy. You might not feel that way, but there exists players who feel that way. It's not as straightforward as "give everyone 50 or 250 shards and all will be happy." If only life is that simple.  o:)
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing with managing players' expectations is that whatever the devs do, some camps will still be unhappy. You might not feel that way, but there exists players who feel that way. It's not as straightforward as "give everyone 50 or 250 shards and all will be happy." If only life is that simple.  o:)
    But who said that?  It's just a straw-man. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    There are many different profiles of players in any game. There are players who want "fairness" being implemented. I mentioned one example back when there was a really good compensation based on placement rewards a couple of years back. They don't think the compensation is "right" even though they acknowledged they got better compensation than they think they deserve. The world is not just painted black and white. It's unbelievable, but such players do exist.
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Give people eligible for SCL 10 250 shards, those only eligible for SCL 8/9 the 50 shards. It's that simple, no room to complain.
    For a game that shoots itself in the foot as often as this one does, completely bandaging the wound once in awhile is not a bad approach.
  • Ythik
    Ythik Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    s and it will be a slap in the face to those who pushed on in SCL 10.
    You still haven't explained why you think people who did SCL10 deserve more Apocalypse shards for doing SCL10 when they got exactly what they were told they were going to get for doing SCL10 in that event already.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have never seen a mobile game so good and yet shoot itself in the foot over and over and over and over again.  This isn't that hard.  Many people (including myself) did NOT play that PVE in SCL10 because of the rewards that were going to be offered.  Did not.  Period.  The devs told us what was going to be offered.

Had we known, we certainly would have.  But that what was NOT offered.  However, to make up for it, the devs now decide to give the Apoc shards to those who did?  That makes no sense.  At all.  And this is due to their own stupid mistake.  They have been late and incorrect on their rewards for over a month now.  Why is it not better?

Honestly, I think this game is on auto pilot.  And they don't care.  There can be as many apologists out there as needed but this game honestly doesn't care about their players.  And so, I wonder, why should I?  I am not a F2P game but neither am I a whale.  I have done VIP since it began and probably chip in another $20 a month or so.

Edited to add : why does the GI Joe game have someone from D3 chiming in more than this game?  They have barely 10% the traffic this game does.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 154 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've played SCL10 since introduction except for 1 event. I checked the Sneak Peek & in game rewards, they said Havok shards & I got Havok shards for an extra champ level. If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have known it was "supposed" to be Apocalypse. If I'm going to get Apocalypse shards as compensation, so be it, but I agree is should include the lower tiers as well. If they aren't going to give them to those who picked SCL9 based on available information, then I don't see how it would be fair to give me a bonus when I already got what I was told I would receive. If this had been for the Apocalypse vs X-Men event & going to all who hit max progression, maybe that would have been more fair.