Marvel Puzzle Quest R202 Release Notes (5/11/20)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    New content usually means new bundle or special vault/CP store. I was like you once, thinking about what new contents could possibly contain. :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new character is new content. 
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    A new character is new content. 
    Just like the new content last update, and the update before
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the topic of new content, what kind of new content do people really want?
    For me, a new game competition is something that excites me. If it is a event, I will at least finish reading all the dialogue once. 
    I was also excited for new ways of playing, such as Boss and Sinister 6. I was kinda sad that they didn’t replay the super boss mode cos it was challenging.
    CL10 is frustrating but also force me to relearn some of my roster to maximise the synergy. 
    New characters are also fun because they will give new mechanics to exploit. 
    I am fully aware that it’s tough balancing new content to Ensure it’s fun and challenging. Often it ends up either being too easy or too difficult. 
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I have the same issue like I had with R201 two weeks ago. R202 doesn't show up in Google Play and therefore I can't get into the game on my Android smartphone.
    Yeah that's my case, and it's annoying.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler

JHawkInc said:
    JHawkInc said:

These comments on every patch and character release aren't furthering the conversation. They're just antagonizing people and distracting from the topics of the threads they're posted in.
    Actually I would say they are focusing on what players think it's important
    Replace "players" with "a subset of the forums which is a very tiny representation of the playerbase" and it would be more accurate.

This subset represents the ideas of many players. Compare this "tiny" subset to the subset that's saying everything is ok and give me the ratio. 

Anyway, what I see is the "tiny" subset that still cares presenting the same set of complaints. 

But I guess I agree with you that complaining takes us nowhere. The devs know their numbers and path to follow and it has nothing to do with the player opinions. 

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Just to add to the total, I also do not see the 202 update on Google Play. I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and it is the only device that I have MPQ on (so there would be no problem with iOS/Android account interaction). I have no problem (so far) logging into the game and playing.
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I have the same issue like I had with R201 two weeks ago. R202 doesn't show up in Google Play and therefore I can't get into the game on my Android smartphone.
    Same issue here. I can play, but R202 appear as available in Google Play.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also not seeing the update, though I can at least still play. I did notice I had a notification on my Kindle Fire that it had successfully updated, but I haven't opened it there. 
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    DarthDeVo said:
    Also not seeing the update, though I can at least still play. I did notice I had a notification on my Kindle Fire that it had successfully updated, but I haven't opened it there. 
    Don't open it there, or your regular device will stop working.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The riddle answer means Alas! Ka! So its obvious a new inmortal god is coming( dont tell me that answer is too complicated after all the ones we had been told already lol)
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    No update on my LG android phone either. App on Google Play still says 201.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LakeStone @IceIX

It looks like the same issue with Google Play not showing updates is happening with R202 as it had with R201.  Please see the below.  Thanks.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82229/investigating-r201-not-visible-on-google-play#latest
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    @LakeStone @IceIX

It looks like the same issue with Google Play not showing updates is happening with R202 as it had with R201.  Please see the below.  Thanks.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82229/investigating-r201-not-visible-on-google-play#latest
    Yes, the team is investigating this as we have not changed anything how we released these updates than before.  It seems like this may be something that is causing a delay over at Google.  We will continue to push to get this update out on Google Play as soon as possible.  Thanks for your patience.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drlex said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Don't open it there, or your regular device will stop working.

Yes, made that mistake last time, and have seen others on Line saying they were locked out after one device updated but not the other. I figured that must be the key, so wasn't planning on opening it on the Kindle unless I absolutely needed to. I started playing on that device, but it's basically only used in emergencies now. 
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    I'm still not seeing the update in Google Playstore and I use only one phone for my only account. I saw that someone can't even play MPQ in the bug forum.  :o
    just checked the Google Play store, it's there now.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you. I checked the Google Store immediately again after seeing your post.  :)
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    @Lakestone:

Android here, just now using the in-game update still took me to the Google Play store page for R201, with no option to update.

Closing Google Play, then manually re-opening it from the desktop and searching for "marvel puzzle quest" gave me the page for R202 with the update button, which worked.

It seems like the game is sending an outdated link or somehow the store page is cached and has to be refreshed by manually searching for it.

So for all concerned, THERE IS A WORKAROUND by doing the above.  But the problem of updating from within the game doesn't seem to be fixed.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Just updated - not been playing much recently but in for the boss event 'cos why not. 

I hadn't started Lost in Time, after the update, it showed new details I'd not seen before.  Said that I had completed 0/30 events, was able to do 2 fights from the first 3 nodes before the event reset and worked like a regular event and then prompted me to choose an SCL. 

Maybe a sign of an update to progression, switching to a count of fights.  Wish I'd got a screenshot now, just assumed something had changed while I wasn't paying attention.