Marvel Puzzle Quest R202 Release Notes (5/11/20)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone -

Here are the R202 Release Notes.

“Alaska!”

Don’t miss the Apocalypse Alliance event on 5/14! And keep an eye out for upcoming training opportunities, exciting bundles, and all-new content!

• On the Supports screen or when choosing a Support for a character, Supports now display their equipped status (including who they are equipped to).
  • When choosing a Support for a character, Supports will display why they are locked.
  • The position of character art has been adjusted for multiple Team-Ups.
  • When playing with a very small roster, multiples of the same character and locked out characters can no longer be used.
  • Added the ability to scroll through Green Goblin's "Trick or Treat" set of powers in battle.
  • Selecting a Team-Up repeatedly during the Team-Up request will no longer cause the game to crash.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Upcoming training opportunities? Return of Shield Training?

Support getting some love, UI-wise?

Why would someone want to select a team-up repeatedly? :o
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    • On the Supports screen or when choosing a Support for a character, Supports now display their equipped status (including who they are equipped to).
    • When choosing a Support for a character, Supports will display why they are locked.
    Thanks, looking good. However, it still seems a bit buggy -- I just updated, and the 'locked' / 'not equipped' status in the supports screen sometimes displays incorrect information.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alaska!

The Hunt, so 4* Ares or Moonstone....
  • StormDragonE55
    StormDragonE55 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Alaska?  Wasn't that where the took Abomination in the comics after he and Hulk trashed Harlem?  Hellcat was also stationed in Alaska at a point.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    "So who's the newest character?"

"I don't know, but Alaska!"
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wishing for Wendigo.
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Isn’t the new Silver Surfer originally Juno , could be a Surfer 4
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hellcat was stationed in Alaska for the 50-State Initiative.

And the Summers family is from there. But we have Cyclops and Havok, doubt this is the clue they'd use for Hope or Corsair, and would rule out Corsair's parents entirely.

So a modern Hellcat seems like a good candidate.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alaska is pretty close to Canada.... it's gotta be Captain Canuck!
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Please no more characters.... I need a break from releases to catch up...... 
    That‘s like asking „Please No More Dark Avengers, I can‘t see them no more“ ;)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe we’re missing the obvious here. If the “hint” is Alaska, then maybe that’s exactly what we’re getting. The state of Alaska.
    Or maybe an anagram for Slakaa. Which doesn’t come up on Google, so Demiurge might be making up something new.
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    If you really break it down "Alas" could mean concern. That leaves "Ka" which is synonyms with "boom"

So, being worried about an explosion... Nitro detonated, starting Marvel's Civil War, which was worrisome.

4* Nitro confirmed  
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every single new release thread you say something similar. Is the release schedule something new to you? Brace yourself but two weeks after this release there will be another. Do you need recommendations for different games because this one seems to make you miserable.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the timely notes and the Support UI improvements!

I hear you can see Russia from Alaska. Maybe it’s Red Guardian after all. 
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    So assuming (hoping) this is a 4* character, there are several character that relate to Alaska. The Summers family are all from there, although Cyclops already has a 4*, and Havok has only recently entered the game.

That leaves Corsair, their Dad, or Hope Summers.

Alternatively, Alaska is where the MCU Abomination is kept in cryo.

A third suggestion is that it could be some cryptic clue towards someone from agents of shield, as I’m pretty sure the new season comes out very soon
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Tony_Foot said:
    Every single new release thread you say something similar. Is the release schedule something new to you? Brace yourself but two weeks after this release there will be another. Do you need recommendations for different games because this one seems to make you miserable.
    It seems to make many players miserable because I see this complaint many times. Better to warn the devs than leaving without saying nothing
  • BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Ah, thanks for the support update ! It was a bore to check who was equipped with what, so much that as I nearly didn’t use them !