Marvel Puzzle Quest R202 Release Notes (5/11/20)

124»

Comments

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    @Lakestone:

Android here, just now using the in-game update still took me to the Google Play store page for R201, with no option to update.

Closing Google Play, then manually re-opening it from the desktop and searching for "marvel puzzle quest" gave me the page for R202 with the update button, which worked.

It seems like the game is sending an outdated link or somehow the store page is cached and has to be refreshed by manually searching for it.

So for all concerned, THERE IS A WORKAROUND by doing the above.  But the problem of updating from within the game doesn't seem to be fixed.
    A new update finally went live today on Google Play. We will take a look at the issue that you brought up but yes, the workaround suggested here should work for all.  Thanks!
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    One other bit of info, if it helps:

I force-close Google Play when I'm done with it, so it wasn't sitting around in the background for the last two weeks since the previous MPQ update.  When the game opened the Google Play store page, that would have been a fresh invocation of Google Play.
    However, the last page I viewed there before this update was the page for MPQ (the previous update), don't know if that could result in the page remaining cached.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    Got asked to update, but when it took me to the play store, no update.

Just checked again, the update is there for me now.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2020
    On new update

Why do some of the support equipped characters have yellow stars and some have white? 

Confused, but very happy with this update! 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nabistay said:
    On new update

Why do some of the support equipped characters have yellow stars and some have white? 

Confused, but very happy with this update! 
    I was looking and discovered that when you have a person on your roster who is un-champed, their star color (showing their tier) is yellow, and once you champ them, they are white.

Almost all of mine are white, other than dupes and the 4 most recent 5s.
  • Pathmaster
    Pathmaster Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Aurora?! (not from Alaska, but Alaska is one of the best places to see the Aurora Borealis(Northern Lights...Northstar's twin sister))  Or, possibly(most likely that I can surmise) Hope Summers?!  (Born in Alaska, rescued by Cable in Alaska,(one of the greatest X-Men stories) became a Summers via, (whose entire family lineage is all tied to Alaska.  If something as vague as "Alaska" was to mean anything, surely it would be a reference to the Summers family.  Will be a 4*, probably a female, and highly unlikely to be Havok, Cable, or another 4* Cyclops.  = Hope Summers.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope Summers is already in the game as a support though.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's obviously never come up, but the one time the devs have ever addressed it, they said having a support didn't preclude a full playable character from existing. They'd have a different subtitle, and couldn't be used together (same way you can't use multiple versions of the same character already).

Plans could certainly change, but until told otherwise I'd err on the side of "it's possible" rather than saying a character can't happen because of a Support.
  • LucasRaven
    LucasRaven Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Hellcat is coming! 
  • bluewolf
    Hellcat is coming! 
    Source?
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Nice, developers spoiling their own announcements.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    So that'll be the next PVE event?
  • bluewolf
    Meet Rocket and Groot new release.....again........

Say, that unusual pair of characters sure look interesting!  I'd like to meet them someday.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Too bad there's no Meet Rocket & Groot event in the Sneak Peek...
    :wink:
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    It's obviously never come up, but the one time the devs have ever addressed it, they said having a support didn't preclude a full playable character from existing. They'd have a different subtitle, and couldn't be used together (same way you can't use multiple versions of the same character already).

Plans could certainly change, but until told otherwise I'd err on the side of "it's possible" rather than saying a character can't happen because of a Support.
    I admit it would be kind of funny to play Hope Summers with a smaller Hope Summers strapped to her chest...