Marvel Puzzle Quest R202 Release Notes (5/11/20)

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    "So who's the newest character?"

"I don't know, but Alaska!"

Juneau how silly this is ?

Nope.  I'm dyslexic, and in Denali.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never experienced that crash before. At least someone will have better game experience with that fix.

As for Alaska, Jack Frost, Hellcat and Abomination jumps out. Who could it be?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    So assuming (hoping) this is a 4* character, there are several character that relate to Alaska. The Summers family are all from there, although Cyclops already has a 4*, and Havok has only recently entered the game.

That leaves Corsair, their Dad, or....
    Madelyne Pryor is from Alaska. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never experienced that crash before. At least someone will have better game experience with that fix.

As for Alaska, Jack Frost, Hellcat and Abomination jumps out. Who could it be?

I’m guessing not the character who was last seen, briefly, in a 1991 Cap comic and is basically dead.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2020
    He came back again in 2009, but he doesn't seem to be popular. So, back to the cold storage again.

I think Hellcat will be my pick. There's only two new female characters as of now this year. 

Red Guardian will be a huge surprise because it's weird to have him and Yelena separated by Apocalypse. 
  • bluewolf
    He came back again in 2009, but he doesn't seem to be popular. So, back to the cold storage again.

I think Hellcat will be my pick. There's only two new female characters as of now this year. 

Red Guardian will be a huge surprise because it's weird to have him and Yelena separated by Apocalypse. 
    That was a bit of a joke....probably not Red Guardian.

Agreed that they like diversity lately so a female seems likely.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    @LakeStone, @IceIX
    are we going to get a new character blog for Apocalypse soon?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to some, you can see Russia from Alaska.  So presumably we're getting Crimson Dynamo.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,092 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alaska gets baked and so do hippies so Angar the Screamer!

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I have the same issue like I had with R201 two weeks ago. R202 doesn't show up in Google Play and therefore I can't get into the game on my Android smartphone.
  • MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I'm also not seeing the update in Google Play but I can still play.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod note: Posting data-mined information is a serious offense. Please refrain from posting such information on the forum. 

Additionally, I removed a couple of off-topic posts. Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In "The Hunt" PVE" 2* Hawkeye is the lone Avenger stationed in Alaska, so I expect the clue refers to a rework of 2* Hawkeye (Modern).

(not really)
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:

These comments on every patch and character release aren't furthering the conversation. They're just antagonizing people and distracting from the topics of the threads they're posted in.
    Actually I would say they are focusing on what players think it's important
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:

These comments on every patch and character release aren't furthering the conversation. They're just antagonizing people and distracting from the topics of the threads they're posted in.
    Actually I would say they are focusing on what players think it's important
    Replace "players" with "a subset of the forums which is a very tiny representation of the playerbase" and it would be more accurate.

Regardless, they're still detracting from other topics. They aren't leading a discussion in something they think is important. They're spamming threads about other topics (like specific new characters or patch notes) with those posts. Rather than focusing on something, they're making it more difficult for anyone else to focus on any other topic. That's just bad forum etiquette, regardless of what you think of the issue itself.

My point stands, the way things are currently, they aren't furthering the conversation,t hey're only antagonizing the rest of the forums. It's not about the issue, it's about the fact that they're going about it in a negative way.
  • bluewolf
    MackDan1 said:
    When is 202 going active? No update in the Google play store.
    There may be an issue for players who use ios and Android for the same account.  And once you use ios, trying to use your Android running R201 to access the saved game data may be causing issues, since the game has updated the saved game using R202.
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm still not seeing the update in Google Playstore and I use only one phone for my only account. I saw that someone can't even play MPQ in the bug forum.  :o
  • wolfknight34
    wolfknight34 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I’m excited for new training opportunities as well as new content, though I wonder what kind of New Content.

new stories?
    new Deadpool setup?
    new shield rank rewards besides ISO?
    new VIP rewards like support tokens and costumes?

who knows what’s in store