I Spy rewards - new PVP design? Horrible.

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2020 in MPQ General Discussion

So in the new event, I Spy, the CP are back at 1200 and the shards are at 1000. Meaning more effort and shield hopping for the CP, if you can pull that off in the defensive, slow, meta era.

EDIT: They also moved the first CP from 450 to 500. So, yeah.

I'm a Slice 5 player and scores aren't high there. I very rarely hit 1200. Sure, I could go to S4 or something but this still sucks.

I posted this in bugs but they increased the shards by 25, so it seems intentional.

I am this close to being done with the game.

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

Brilliant for me. Climbs were harder because people bailed early at 1k. Now the majority will go back to 1.2k despite what they vent now. Making my 900 easier. Clearly they could see this in the data, the majority not chasing that last four star cover.

It was suppressing scores. Excellent change. I’m always being told to be thankful for trickle down so thanks guys!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Brilliant for me. Climbs were harder because people bailed early at 1k. Now the majority will go back to 1.2k despite what they vent now. Making my 900 easier. Clearly they could see this in the data, the majority not chasing that last four star cover.

It was suppressing scores. Excellent change. I’m always being told to be thankful for trickle down so thanks guys!

This is only true if people do actually climb to 1200 in significant numbers. I think it is at least as likely that post-hp (i.e. 725+) pvp population just tanks, leaving only the small group of early climbers and Uber whales in the 800+ range. That would make 900 harder than ever (and has basically already happened in the least populated slices).

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My placement in PvP is top 100. I play to 50 wins or 1000 points. It means that I get 200 4* shards from placement and 275 4* shards in the following PvP. So, I will get a total of 475 shards and 1 cover of that 4* character, which is equivalent to 2 covers and 75 shards.

With this new change, I would be getting a total of 825 shards and 1 4* cover, which is euivalent to 3 covers and 25 shards.
    It's hard for me to gauge whether 18 cp or extra 1 4* cover is better.

I wonder how it will affect placement and scores in PvPs.

• RentedPanda
    RentedPanda Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

Too bad, I liked those cp at that level, as I tended to hit it in most recent events. I don't think it will impact my pvp play much, which is casual and driven more by what is going on in a day than the rewards tiers. It definitely drove that "just one more" impulse, though

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would say this is going back to the old reward design rather than a new design. As much as I liked getting my CP sooner I was still climbing above 1200 each event. I also do feel the last reward should be the best reward and 18CP is the best reward in my mind.

As others have pointed out they increased the shards given for the 4* so now you can get more 4* shards and potentially get the CP as well.

I feel the bigger issue is there is a change with no communication from the Dev’s. Changing something without giving the why behind it has been and still will be my biggest issue with the devs in this game especially when they had better communication with players in the past

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Vhailorx said:

@Tony_Foot said:

This is only true if people do actually climb to 1200 in significant numbers. I think it is at least as likely that post-hp (i.e. 725+) pvp population just tanks, leaving only the small group of early climbers and Uber whales in the 800+ range. That would make 900 harder than ever (and has basically already happened in the least populated slices).

My 900 got harder straight away after 1000 and out became the norm and it’s not the brb meta because I have been through harder times and teams than that. Enough people complained higher up when 575 CP became a thing that this caused people to hit that and bail. 1k did the same at the next stepping stone. I’m sure the engagement could be proved in the data if they would ever give their reasons.

Then again this could be a mistake but I doubt it.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options

Guess I’ll be going after 75 wins every event I have the time. It was nice to be able to stop at 50 when I didn’t want the extra 4* shards. Oh well.

• elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options

Do what I did, quit!

• Jexy
    Jexy Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

Horrible

• Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@IceIX is this an oops? Or is this how the new rewards are structured in PvP?

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Loosie said:
    @IceIX is this an oops? Or is this how the new rewards are structured in PvP?

It's definitely not an 'oops,' or at best it's an early reveal of a planned new reward structure (like when they revealed the the change to 5e node cp rewards). The cynical among us might believe that they 'accidentally' roll this stuff out early as a trial balloon.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

They sure like taking things away from us. Wouldn't be surprised if SCL10 is on the chopping block soon too.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is a lousy change. I don't PVP much anymore, but one carrot was getting the CPs at x amount of wins. It had been something obtainable within a reasonable amount of time, when doing all the PVE clearing each day as week as well. Also getting to 10 or a few more wins, you start to see nothing but the same OP team combos, or whale teams who have 5*s leveled way higher than mine or most people.

Making the CP's harder to get now and meaning more wins ans having to face more broken or whale teams, really killed the urge for me to do ANY PVP anymore.

• Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

This is probably a silent punishment for all the low scores the Taskmaster poll got yesterday.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

oof. that sucks.

I only play PVP to the first CP award, and I was so happy that got brought down to 11 wins.

I would say I'm only a casual player (which is really terrible considering how much I play).

I play until the first CP reward in PvE, and the first CP reward in PvP. I usually get through the S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator every season, however, that's become almost impossible to play that much in SCL10. It's already so hard to get the resources to cover 5stars, and I just... I don't want to play more. I like the amount I used to play.

• Haithere
    Haithere Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Congratulations on taking a **** thing and making it worse.