Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,834 Chairperson of the Boards

My worst was 0/0/2 Carnage in Venom Bomb. Entered somewhere in the late 700s, ended #45 and hit full progression. If I did that, I think I can fare fine as a progression-only 10 player.

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,432 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 February 2020, 17:14

Okoye/Whoever do most of the heavy lifting; i'm not that worried about it. Progression only i've been hovering around t200 within a few places either side, depending on whether or not i can clear the challenging nodes 4x or not.

I've been hanging on to CP and LTs again, i'm back up to 250/5 for when Sinister hits (if he hits, it's starting to feel like)...

I’m going to try and grind 75 wins in this Cyclops pvp for the Miles shards. Might save me a flip of Spid3r-Man if I can do it.

edited 24 February 2020, 14:11

Ok, crisis averted on having a terrible 5* required in SCL10. Subs 1 and 2 I wasn't quite able to 4x the 5* node or the Challenge node, some variation on 2-3 each, so I went and did a few extra clears on the main-track nodes on sub 2. Then sub 3 was mega-easy being mostly goons. Right now my clear team is:

Okoye/Spider-Man 2099 (4/5/2, lvl 209)/Auto-damager or battery appropriate to the enemy type. Often this is Strang3 or Profe$$or X, but I was experimenting with a few other teams.

I was trying to find a way to get Doom + Victorious support to function as a 5* Juggernaut with Okoye, but his yellow is not the cheapest. It might be better against tile-movers than goons, so you can get the passive AP skim off of their matches. I'm still playing around with the best 3rd there. I didn't try 4* Lord or Shuri though, I was focused mostly on yellow batteries like Northstar. I may also attempt Sandman, since he has a board shuffle + AoE on off-colors.

Currently sitting on 30 wins in Eye for an Eye. 45 more, and that'll put my Miles Morales at 296 with 370/400 shards. Spid3r-Man is 1/1/2 with 189/300 shards. I flipped 3* Storm and needed to re-roster her, so he slowed down briefly.

Still waiting for Mr. Sinister, I have 6 Lts and 338 cp currently.

I've been working on putting my unchamped 4*s over to 209 in the background. I have 6 more to go, with Karnak (still NEW!) and Spider-Ham (limited) being the only 2 that are not yet eligible with 7 and 9 covers respectively.

Currently at 48/75 wins in Eye for an Eye, a little more than a day left to go. Should be do-able.

64/75 wins in Eye for an Eye. Should be able to hit max progression before it ends. I’ve just been chasing thorkoye teams mostly with X-Koye.

Ok, I hit 75 wins. Essentially saved myself an entire 3* max champ of Spider-Man. Maybe Miles will get another feature soonish, and I can move my 3* around someplace else after this flip.

Pulled a second Sinister, 1/0/1 now.

Sinister is at 1/0/2. Definitely would have been champable had I stopped pulling after Professor X rather than letting him get to 461
    Shard hero update:
    Spid3r-Man is (4/3/3). I’ve had a couple organic pulls there

Valkyrie: lvl 290 (200/400 shards)
    Thor: 333/500 shards

Champed Karolina, the LT got me a yellow BRB (3/5/2)

9 4*s left to champ.

@OJSP I don’t regret having a strong Profe$$or, but it’s not looking too good for finishing up Carbage so far. I don’t want him as badly as I’d like BRB, but I don’t like the idea of missing out after the string of completions I’ve had. There is still time to get him a little nearer I suppose.
    Yeah, my run wasn't totally complete. I came up short on more than a few last year during my original Grand Experiment. Kingpin needs 1 more, Hela needs 2, Danver5 needs 3, I finished Rescue in post since she was short 1, so we'll get there. Particularly now in this bold new era of 1/2 a cover per PVE - I am really curious how that is going to change the picture over time as we go. 
    Speaking of growing up classics, I was originally planning to move from Thor to Kitty once he got to 5 green, but now I'm thinking I'll be better off finishing up Hawkeye in this bold new SCL10 era. CapHawKoye is my new Challenge-node go-to team, even with Hawkeye at 2/5/3, and Kate Bishop is now at 288. 

Kitty is going to need a lot more covers to be the terror she can be, given that the current build is 3/2/0. I'd probably also build her from Purple out as well - to me her primary danger generally comes from Circuit Breaker more than the yellow ramp-up, though obviously they go hand in hand. 
    edited 3 March 2020, 13:15
    I got back to back blue and green BRBs, so he is 4/5/3 with 325/500 shards from story/versus rewards. So next featured event he’ll be champable.

im inclined to keep pulling for Carbage until I hit BRB one more time, then I guess I’ll sit tight until BRB leaves if I can stomach it. Since we are getting Havok shards in advance of his feature, I won’t actually need to pull for him to get a single cover either - the second half of that cover will be available in that event. Will this finally be the time I start hoarding?
    Well. This new 4/5/4/5 release schedule ought to provide an added wrinkle to this process...
    edited 5 March 2020, 17:33
    Spid3r-Man hit 13 covers this morning. I'll hold off actually champing him for a bit; i have 3 more 4*s that are fully covered (talos, northstar, modok) of my 9 remaining, and also BRB will be champable sometime across the weekend via shards from Strange Sights. I'm thinking that's a better home for this iso at the moment.

It took 17 days to go from 0/0/0 to 13 covers on Spid3r-man, with 1 or 2 organic pulls or DDQ drops at my current shard-earn rate. 

Valkyrie is currently 291 (94/400)

Thor is 363/500
    edited 7 March 2020, 19:31
    I closed the loop on my first SCL10 5* shard cover, and I was able to champ BRB today. 

I really like how he plays, but when boosted in Strange Sights he tanks team up over Okoye and it’s hard to keep her viably assisting. He really gives Rescue a reason to exist though.
    Rechamped Beast, the LT got me a 451st for BRB, and that token got me a purple Sinister. Current Latest Crop:

Carbage: 4/1/4
    BRB: champed, 451
    Sinister: 1/1/2

Havok: 0/0/0
    edited 9 March 2020, 17:36
    Pulled another yellow BRB, up to 452. RNGeezus really doesn't want me to have a Carbage...
    Finally pulled another Carbage, 4/2/4 now. Next feature will complete another shard cover. Hopefully he gets a feeder, then he’ll be reasonably finishable as he drops into classic.