Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards

Currently at 48/75 wins in Eye for an Eye, a little more than a day left to go. Should be do-able.

• ThaRoadWarrior

64/75 wins in Eye for an Eye. Should be able to hit max progression before it ends. I’ve just been chasing thorkoye teams mostly with X-Koye.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Ok, I hit 75 wins. Essentially saved myself an entire 3* max champ of Spider-Man. Maybe Miles will get another feature soonish, and I can move my 3* around someplace else after this flip.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Pulled a second Sinister, 1/0/1 now.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Sinister is at 1/0/2. Definitely would have been champable had I stopped pulling after Professor X rather than letting him get to 461
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Shard hero update:
    Spid3r-Man is (4/3/3). I’ve had a couple organic pulls there

Valkyrie: lvl 290 (200/400 shards)
    Thor: 333/500 shards

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Champed Karolina, the LT got me a yellow BRB (3/5/2)

9 4*s left to champ.

@OJSP I don’t regret having a strong Profe$$or, but it’s not looking too good for finishing up Carbage so far. I don’t want him as badly as I’d like BRB, but I don’t like the idea of missing out after the string of completions I’ve had. There is still time to get him a little nearer I suppose.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yeah, my run wasn't totally complete. I came up short on more than a few last year during my original Grand Experiment. Kingpin needs 1 more, Hela needs 2, Danver5 needs 3, I finished Rescue in post since she was short 1, so we'll get there. Particularly now in this bold new era of 1/2 a cover per PVE - I am really curious how that is going to change the picture over time as we go. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Speaking of growing up classics, I was originally planning to move from Thor to Kitty once he got to 5 green, but now I'm thinking I'll be better off finishing up Hawkeye in this bold new SCL10 era. CapHawKoye is my new Challenge-node go-to team, even with Hawkeye at 2/5/3, and Kate Bishop is now at 288. 

Kitty is going to need a lot more covers to be the terror she can be, given that the current build is 3/2/0. I'd probably also build her from Purple out as well - to me her primary danger generally comes from Circuit Breaker more than the yellow ramp-up, though obviously they go hand in hand. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    I got back to back blue and green BRBs, so he is 4/5/3 with 325/500 shards from story/versus rewards. So next featured event he’ll be champable.

im inclined to keep pulling for Carbage until I hit BRB one more time, then I guess I’ll sit tight until BRB leaves if I can stomach it. Since we are getting Havok shards in advance of his feature, I won’t actually need to pull for him to get a single cover either - the second half of that cover will be available in that event. Will this finally be the time I start hoarding?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Well. This new 4/5/4/5 release schedule ought to provide an added wrinkle to this process...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Spid3r-Man hit 13 covers this morning. I'll hold off actually champing him for a bit; i have 3 more 4*s that are fully covered (talos, northstar, modok) of my 9 remaining, and also BRB will be champable sometime across the weekend via shards from Strange Sights. I'm thinking that's a better home for this iso at the moment.

It took 17 days to go from 0/0/0 to 13 covers on Spid3r-man, with 1 or 2 organic pulls or DDQ drops at my current shard-earn rate. 

Valkyrie is currently 291 (94/400)

Thor is 363/500
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    I closed the loop on my first SCL10 5* shard cover, and I was able to champ BRB today. 

I really like how he plays, but when boosted in Strange Sights he tanks team up over Okoye and it’s hard to keep her viably assisting. He really gives Rescue a reason to exist though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Rechamped Beast, the LT got me a 451st for BRB, and that token got me a purple Sinister. Current Latest Crop:

Carbage: 4/1/4
    BRB: champed, 451
    Sinister: 1/1/2

Havok: 0/0/0
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Pulled another yellow BRB, up to 452. RNGeezus really doesn't want me to have a Carbage...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Finally pulled another Carbage, 4/2/4 now. Next feature will complete another shard cover. Hopefully he gets a feeder, then he’ll be reasonably finishable as he drops into classic.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Rechamped Spid3r-Man, not a lot of action otherwise. He’d Ben sitting champable for a minute now, but BRB took that Iso. Lvl 169

Valkyrie: 292 (153/400)
    Gladiathor: (429/500)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I've been on quite a dry spell in Latest. I'm currently trying to grind out the hp I need to pick up those 3 covers of MIles Morales for 4k hp; I'm at 2980, and need 1 cover to finish 3* gambit for 500hp. I have 2d left, it'll be close I think..
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Dry spell broke with a black Carbage, so he's 4/2/5 now, with a shard cover coming from this event. I'm pessimistic he's going to turn up with a feeder anytime soon, but he is decidedly feedable at least. I actually somehow have 440 shards for Carnage before landing any of the story shards in Lost in Time, so it won't be as bad as all that should I decide to direct-shard finish his last cover anyhow.

I guess I scored some for my t100 finish for Maria Hill, and I got some from a previous PVP finish at some point. So I'm sure he'll turn up again at some point.

Speaking of Maria Hill, the competition was pretty light in that event, being the second SCL10 4* release. She doesn't seem that great, so that could be part of it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I ended up with a 2/2/2 Maria Hill after all was said and done. I'm still chasing that last cover I need for Carbage, and I wasn't able to scrounge the HP i needed for the Miles Morales bundle in time. So it's back to the long road. However at some point this week, bonus shards are going live they say, so I'm very curious to see how that plays out.

Landed another Sinister this morning, 1/1/3 now.