4.0 Packs Changes

Options

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Azerack said:
    Color me pissed. This is the most upsetting news I’ve heard. I’d use profanity if it wouldn’t get me banned.
    You can use profanity.. just before you click "Post Comment" change it all to "tinykitty" in advance.    ;)

Ex.  "I'll sure as tinykitty be cancelling my VIP account if they keep this tinykitty decision to change how VIP cards work. Honestly, who's the tinykitty who thought THIS tinykitty idea up?"   :#

See?  :)

Uh — the forum actually does this for you.  This is why “circumventing the profanity filter” is breaking a rule. (There is, indeed a filter.) 
  • Mcclaine
    Mcclaine Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    I think it’s important to note that other publishers have subscription services and the value needs to be discussed. I paid for the top VIP package for several months and let it run out when I realized I was giving them nearly $400 in vip alone, plus currency purchases for packs. 
    One publisher charged people full price for a buggy unstable game and then had the gall to offer a yearly $100 VIP subscription touting features that the community had been asking for. 
    While it might be argued that VIP packs were unhealthy in its current state, we really have no way of knowing how it’s affecting their bottom line. Whales are typically a small subset of the player base yet it’s also who companies target to maximize company revenue. 
    I bought into the idea that having all the cards added value to the game, assuming the revenue was needed for improving stability and adding new content, but I’m less inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Some of the new coalition events seem targeted for maximizing the amount of time played for little extra reward and I’ve seen little remarkable improvement in stability. 
    Since VIP doesn’t appear to have much of an effect on their updates, I’d argue that this change isn’t because the existing pack system is unhealthy for their business. Therefore, changing the structure can only be for one purpose in my opinion. 
  • CheeksMagunda
    CheeksMagunda Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Aeroplane said:
    They are just riding the name Magic the Gathering hoping people overlook the poor product they provide.
    This is exactly correct. They've slapped a BMW logo on a 1992 Dodge Dynasty and expect nobody to notice.

Kinesia said:
    This needs to be escalated to both D3Go and Oktagon upper management because this is a huge failure in long term planning and also in presentation.
    Incidentally, another game I frequent is also backed by d3go; their update rollouts are informative and effective, and the support team is excellent. I'm starting to believe d3go is just the foundation the various homes are built on - that one is a beautiful tri-level, this one is a shanty.

***Mod note: Removed inappropriate comment for violating rule 7. -fight4thedream 
  • Horadrim
    Horadrim Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just unsubscribed from VIP Master. What a rip off. D3go should have conducted a survey before deciding to implement these card pack changes. Again, the greatest skill now is to learn when to quit this game after putting in money, time, and effort in collecting those cards. I just want to quit playing this game now that the packs I saved will only convert to orbs, which will also become useless until the next set drops.
    Mind boggling how this game's decision-makers goof up time and time and again.
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    This change will cause a rippling effect and more people will quite. People have spend good money which is now rendered useless.

Actually I expect when people call this out, oktagon will be obliged to start refunding as they changed the nature of the game to the extend that cash spend previously gives now a lot less then was known at the moment it was spend. They can't do that legally. 
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The booster crafting change is very unwelcome.

Booster crafting was implemented to  assuage the pain from getting duplicates again and again and again.

Now we have to wait three months or more to be able to craft a card?

and then wait another three months before the "new" surcharges is dropped?? (*my assumption)

Questions:
    What is the reasoning for this change? Are we getting full collections too soon? Or full collections at all?
    Do you still -want- us to play the game with the cards you design?
  • Windy
    Windy Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    They slowed down the ability of all people to complete a new set in a day/week/month. 

Guess people didn't buy enough MC anymore as vip gives a good amount of cards for a lot less. I completed eld without buying MC and by using std and VIP packs the first week it was out. Others by waiting a month and craft (vets have soo many orbs hanging around). Both options are made impossible and only by buying tremendous amounts of MC you have a shot at completing in the first weeks. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not a paying customer. I guess I should be thankful to all of you for supporting this "incredible" game.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Machine said:
    I'm glad I'm not a paying customer. I guess I should be thankful to all of you for supporting this "incredible" game.
    Ditto, I guess. I refused to buy into VIP mostly because it's too expensive and because it goes against my basic nature to invest that heavily into something as ephemeral as a mobil phone app, especially one with so many issues. So those changes don't really bother me that much. I was a bit disappointed at first when I read about how there wouldn't be any new events either, but then I remembered that I haven't been investing all that much time into the new ELD or M20 events anyways, especially when run side-by-side with older, more rewarding events, (free)reward packs be damned. So nothing really changes for me there either.
    To me, the biggest losers in this whole PR fiasco are the people that have been financing this whole shebang - the VIP players. GJ Oktagon.
  • mayor
    mayor Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The only change I can see for a non-VIP player is that he won't be able to craft all the new rare cards to ensure the precious few standard decks from leveling will contain only mythic+ cards.

I wish they could work out a way to get a non-duplicate card from the new pack once you get most of the cards using mana crystals. A guaranteed non-duplicate bonus rare card from premium packs could be a good idea.
  • Pantagruel
    Pantagruel Posts: 79 Match Maker
    edited January 2020
    Options
    boopers said:
    Let’s not over react folks. Give them a chance to respond.
    There have been precisely 16 player replies before you posted this, how much of the current player base do you think that represents? 0.001%?

Please, give the players a chance to respond to this statement which has been made by the devs.

[MOD NOTE] Removed all caps. BK
  • garycsl
    garycsl Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wow suddenly the stacked standard packs turned into trash that only provides ~100 orbs/pack which you can use to craft a common 3 months later.

Good job Oktagon you have successfully exiled my last bit of love from game.
    Now what I need is to fetch the billing records from my App Store Library and put them into play of Refund.
    They will get full refund though, not half of the refund as you like to nerf them to so.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it’s interesting how people are already trying to get refunds and cancel VIP when 1. The change was just announced. 2. There hasn’t been a response to the backlash. 3. It hasn’t actually happened. 

Let’s reason this:  The announcement was posted at the end of the workday in Brazil...  Now there’s backlash. 

Oktagon comes into work, a couple hours ahead of the US, they need to read, compile and discuss as a team. Make their own decisions and recommendations. Then, and I’m just assuming here, wait for D3Go! to show up on US PST time to discuss further before they can respond. Meanwhile it’s not even 9:30 EST after the announcement and people are emailing the App Store. 

”Wise to resolve and patient to perform.” - Homer 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @bken1234 - I’m one of the users who has publicly stated that I have cancelled my VIP. The reason for the quick move is that my VIP is scheduled to be renewed in lest than 2 days.

Considering I have everything non-exclusive but the Hex-drinker and have 11 vip and standard booster packs in my vault, please explain to me, why I need to get more day one 1 prizes, if they are not including theros?

I can’t for the life of me see why I would get anything out of renewing my VIP subscription before Theros has dropped.
  • Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @bken1234 - I’m one of the users who has publicly stated that I have cancelled my VIP. The reason for the quick move is that my VIP is scheduled to be renewed in lest than 2 days.

Considering I have everything non-exclusive but the Hex-drinker and have 11 vip and standard booster packs in my vault, please explain to me, why I need to get more day one 1 prizes, if they are not including theros?

I can’t for the life of me see why I would get anything out of renewing my VIP subscription before Theros has dropped.
    That’s actually a very valid point- I have 24 days to run on my current subscription so I’m due more ‘rewards’  before Theros hits (assuming it’s next week) if I don’t claim them from my inbox will they be new set (Theros) or old set (useless) cards??
  • Mooninja
    Mooninja Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tremayne said:

But deckslots, Avatars, and umm a very slight discount on purchases in the store!! /s