Feedback Wanted: Character Balance

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    I wonder which will happen first: The 5* players becoming unstunned by Bishop or another Dev comment in this thread?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    DAZ0273 said:
    I wonder which will happen first: The 5* players becoming unstunned by Bishop or another Dev comment in this thread?
    Comment on what? They asked for feedback it’s been given until it turned into yet another bishop thread. Did you just want a thanks?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Comment on what? They asked for feedback it’s been given until it turned into yet another bishop thread. Did you just want a thanks?
    Yes, yes I did Tony. And maybe a cookie.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted no balance is needed. And I will explain it. 
    Im a 1 year player and I think this game is about 5*. I know with this statement Im losing sinergies and unique playgame but each player follows his own path on fremium games.
    And I think the only way right now for a new player to be competitive with heavy great rosters of 4* and 5* characthers across 6 years is that: hoarding playing a lot and upgrade new 5*.
    And so I did and now I have 4 champed 5* and I can compete and I can win prices at last.
    From this point of view I dont think balance is needed on 4* characters.  I can win teams that use them altought suffering some damage. But if a 4* jumps in front and I have a good hand I can kill them. And after that the victory is near.
    So I have no right or intention to nerf any character.
    Surely if I started playing the game from the start I would choose buffing because I am aware of the big health difference betwen new and older 5*. That point I understand it could be viewed.
    But take in account that buffing a lot of characthers would leave new players less chance to improve. Unless heavy measures would be taken for not allowing them to be bullied for vets. Is that posible? I doubt it.
  • Bad
    Options
    Edit: I suspect if the poll was anonimous, my option would rise. After all, no one wants to be the bad. Well maybe except me.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Bad said:
    Edit: I suspect if the poll was anonimous, my option would rise. After all, no one wants to be the bad. Well maybe except me.

Lol, the poll might not be completely accurate but your option is definitely not underperfoming based upon views expoused on this message board forum!
  • Bad
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:

Lol, the poll might not be completely accurate but your option is definitely not underperfoming based upon views expoused on this message board forum!
    Well I must confess you after I voted viewing the results and data I searched for a way to change my vote in distress lol
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:

Well I must confess you after I voted viewing the results and data I searched for a way to change my vote in distress lol

Lol, I wouldn't wory too much, it will probably be a pointless exercise.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    Bad said:
    I think most people are honest....and any opinion is valid (unless you start saying Wasp is the best 5*, that's just not going to stand).

The vast majority of commenters on the forum are vets to a significant degree.  You bring up a good point about being worried if the devs somehow made an older character (aka VERY hard to chase thanks to dilution) meta or near-meta.

However history has shown that most of the rebalances - even the best ones - have been moving a character to "very good but not essential" for the most part.  And the very best improvements happened very soon after the character debuted/was still very accessible.

Anyway, I think your fear is mostly unfounded and that any older character will not be that much better than before, at best moved to "useable".
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    SCL10 and it's relative difficulty sheds some more light on the rationale behind starting this thread now. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SCL10 and it's relative difficulty sheds some more light on the rationale behind starting this thread now. 
    Yup, all the more reason to leave strong characters alone, and make more of them out of old, weak ones.
  • Bad
    Options
    What I was saying is that power creep exist in all gacha games for to sell his product. New characters outshadow older ones without mercy. And in some way its ok because that is actually what the player wants.
    So I wouldnt expect a huge buff of older legends, sorry about that.
    Altought if devs do some rebalance that would be a great present for vet players. And a great praised action.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IceIX Any ETA on when we might see the first adjustment, if any, come our way?

I see Jean Grey as required on the horizon and it'd be interesting to see her get a boost if it's potentially coming.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    This morning I had a thought.

There is NO WAY they will nerf any of the meta 5's now that SCL10 is live.

The only way you get past the super hard challenge nodes (or clear a lot of others in a reasonable time) is by leaning on the same teams, for the most part, you've been using for years.

Or maybe you mix things up a little, but there are the same old lynchpins.

Okoye.  Thor.  Kitty.

So if you've been harboring a thought that maybe, maybe the devs would finally get around to nerfing one of these people forget it.

They do that, and that's it for a bunch of top players.  Mass quitting.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    This morning I had a thought.

There is NO WAY they will nerf any of the meta 5's now that SCL10 is live.

The only way you get past the super hard challenge nodes (or clear a lot of others in a reasonable time) is by leaning on the same teams, for the most part, you've been using for years.

Or maybe you mix things up a little, but there are the same old lynchpins.

Okoye.  Thor.  Kitty.

So if you've been harboring a thought that maybe, maybe the devs would finally get around to nerfing one of these people forget it.

They do that, and that's it for a bunch of top players.  Mass quitting.
    I agree, in fact they need to do some buffs ASAP so we have better tools to deal with some of these ridiculous nodes.

Level 650 is a huge advantage for any character, but that x3 is almost a joke.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never thought any of those three were getting touched. Players tend to like those characters because they’re easy to kill on defense but quick to win with on offense, so I doubt they got a lot of “mentions” when the developers polled who should be rebalanced. 

I said Bishop then (while advocating for leaving Worthy as is) and even with CL10 stand by that. Others will probably change their tune on Bish though with CL10 being a thing. 
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LOL, yes, I do expect now that Bish lets players punch up in CL10, there will be a commensurate change in opinion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I guess i'm just doing it wrong with Bishop, mine just kind of jumps out and dies every time, just like he did at launch when I was all "what is this? dead on arrival..." Maybe i need the AI to play these nodes defensively for me lol
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Taganov said:
    LOL, yes, I do expect now that Bish lets players punch up in CL10, there will be a commensurate change in opinion.
    Don’t worry, they’ll all jump back to team nerf once we get that challenge node simply titled “OVERCLOCKED”

Level 650 Gritshop