Fresh Cut May 21 - May 23 (Season 2)

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    kidicarus wrote:
    Locked, if you're using hood+spidey then you're only healing 1 character at a time. I find the lone 115 rags quite easy to lock down with obws purple so it's relatively low risk. That + the fact that I never levelled spider-man beyond 55 means I'm forced to use OBW for maximum efficiency and therefore I want to avoid any nodes with countdown tiles .
    Well, I use Rags node as often, it's just that if I only need to heal a big guy, Spidey/Hood on Maggia work fine for me, with oBW it would take ages.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    Locked, if you're using hood+spidey then you're only healing 1 character at a time. I find the lone 115 rags quite easy to lock down with obws purple so it's relatively low risk. That + the fact that I never levelled spider-man beyond 55 means I'm forced to use OBW for maximum efficiency and therefore I want to avoid any nodes with countdown tiles .
    Well, I use Rags node as often, it's just that if I only need to heal a big guy, Spidey/Hood on Maggia work fine for me, with oBW it would take ages.
    The chance to steal blue is nice, but all the dark avengers magia nodes have the 2 of the 4 AP pistol guys, which is hard to get all of them before they go off. And the other magia levels are really really low level, so you're likely to kill them with match damage before you get more than 1 heal off.

EDIT: oh wait, you're talking stealing with hood instead of OBW? IN that case, it's much safer to steal yellow from a lieutenant
  • Notmistyped of the Thunderkittens, I get it...I'm worth some points...You've hit me four times with no retaliations. That's enough.
    As for Erin0 of Prinnies Dude, you just straight up suck.
    Back to Bob's Burgers...
    Sorry... I saw only you with 35+ point reward. After i beat you once, and meet again with same score as before, i think that you in shield.
  • Even if people push much less, the bracketing is still nasty. I shielded at 822 yesterday, which was about as much as I could get without wasting an hour on win1-lose2 back and forth fights, which are a pain in the **** and shouldn't be a feature, but apparently are. If not for defensive wins that put me over 850, I wouldn't have made the top 25 cut. And it's like that every damn tournament and I'm tired of it. Skipping the next one entirely, bar the token at 300, since I don't want another black and top ten is unachievable anyway. If it were every other tournament, fine, whatever, but no, still a blood bath for us 2* players, every step of the way.

But okay, need to see the positive - I did get a blue cover and made top 25, so did break even on HP. Phew.
  • Hi, I'm reading this forum for some time but I never posted until now.
    I have two accounts for MPQ, one for Android where I play a lot and another one on steam that I don't use much.
    I was checking the end results for the fresh cut tournament and felt this would be worth posting.

This is the end result for my bracket with my steam account:
    I think this explains why the bracketing system was changed (IceIX owns the bracket with 756 points) icon_e_biggrin.gif

YGYQPIO.jpg
  • caesar46 wrote:
    I think this explains why the bracketing system was changed (IceIX owns the bracket with 756 points) icon_e_biggrin.gif

He should have tried my bracket with that score. I was not even in a really bad one, so scrapped into the top 10 with 900 points.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    caesar46 wrote:

He should have tried my bracket with that score. I was not even in a really bad one, so scrapped into the top 10 with 900 points.
    I got 14th with 907 points. It seems like the brackets did get a little easier.
  • I'm 8th with 691 points icon_e_biggrin.gif

On the down side: i didn't sleep much XD
  • Congrats to 5DV

But it was sweet that everyone settled for lower scores generally & to save a bundle on shields. I didn't see anyone hit 1300 and only 3 or 4 at 1200.

Hope S2 stays this way icon_e_smile.gif , although if Fury ever becomes a PVP reward I suspect things will revert back....
  • I must've gotten the laziest bracket ever. I played for a few hours yesterday and pushed to 815 points, then threw up a 24 hour shield as I knew I'd have a really busy day (there were 16 hours to go). I had a 200 point lead at this point. I managed to get back on MPQ with a couple of hours to go, and I still had the same lead. Ended up going straight to bed without playing more, and woke up to a 1st place win, with an even bigger lead than I had before. I don't think I've ever won a tournament so easily before, and definitely not with 16 hours to go. It's like no one else wanted to win. Not complaining though, I wanted those Daken covers.
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I must've gotten the laziest bracket ever. I played for a few hours yesterday and pushed to 815 points, then threw up a 24 hour shield as I knew I'd have a really busy day (there were 16 hours to go). I had a 200 point lead at this point. I managed to get back on MPQ with a couple of hours to go, and I still had the same lead. Ended up going straight to bed without playing more, and woke up to a 1st place win, with an even bigger lead than I had before. I don't think I've ever won a tournament so easily before, and definitely not with 16 hours to go. It's like no one else wanted to win. Not complaining though, I wanted those Daken covers.

I could use one of these brackets. 833 points got me #25, exactly one point over #26.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got overtaken by some X-Men 3 who came out of nowhere in the last 6 hours, but made 2nd, with 1033.
    Was pretty nice that no-one below really pushed, I could get used to that.
    Will be interesting to see what'll happen in the first tourney with **** rewards. Everyone seems to have slowed down and not going crazy over season points.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    I know I didn't.

I did enough to get a full set of Daken covers and that was good enough for me.
  • Somehow I've ended up in death brackets where top 10 is >1000 pts ever since death brackets first appeared. This one was no exception. Was at 11th with 1017 just 3 pts short of 10th place. Sad face icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    caesar46 wrote:
    Hi, I'm reading this forum for some time but I never posted until now.
    I have two accounts for MPQ, one for Android where I play a lot and another one on steam that I don't use much.
    I was checking the end results for the fresh cut tournament and felt this would be worth posting.

This is the end result for my bracket with my steam account:

YGYQPIO.jpg

The fix is in!!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats on the win IceIX!
  • so i wound up not getting the rank i wanted

its ok it tells me i need a better team or d3 just needs to give me more 2 covers when I win

Heavy metal better be better this time icon_razz.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I must've gotten the laziest bracket ever. I played for a few hours yesterday and pushed to 815 points, then threw up a 24 hour shield as I knew I'd have a really busy day (there were 16 hours to go). I had a 200 point lead at this point. I managed to get back on MPQ with a couple of hours to go, and I still had the same lead. Ended up going straight to bed without playing more, and woke up to a 1st place win, with an even bigger lead than I had before. I don't think I've ever won a tournament so easily before, and definitely not with 16 hours to go. It's like no one else wanted to win. Not complaining though, I wanted those Daken covers.
    Nice! I'm curious, did you finish well in the previous tourney? Maybe it's related.
  • Congrats to 5DV

But its sweet that everyone settled for lower scores generally & to save a bundle on shields. I didn't see anyone hit 1300 and only 3 or 4 at 1200.

Hope S2 stays this way icon_e_smile.gif , although if Fury ever becomes a PVP reward I suspect things will revert back....

Fury's top 100 and most of the crazy scoring was trying to get top ten. Since beyond top 100 the only rewards are bragging rights and burnout, we probably won't see things too crazy this time
  • Impulse wrote:
    Congrats to 5DV

But its sweet that everyone settled for lower scores generally & to save a bundle on shields. I didn't see anyone hit 1300 and only 3 or 4 at 1200.

Fury's top 100 and most of the crazy scoring was trying to get top ten. Since beyond top 100 the only rewards are bragging rights and burnout, we probably won't see things too crazy this time

I was more thinking about when / if Fury is a 1300 pt or 1st place reward like IW and X-Force in future.....
  • I wonder if there's a correlation between brackets and Season 1 standing. I had been getting in death brackets before, but was #28 with 796 this time which - while not exactly super-easy - makes it the easiest bracket I've had in a month. I was only top 100 in season 1.