123457»

Comments

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2020
    bluewolf said:

Bishop absorbs energy.

[...]

Obviously MPQ doesn't have any way to modify dmg as being physically or energy based, so Mr. Bishop just absorbs everything.

Anyway, trying to make character abilities fit their canon is just an exercise in frustration, as years of playing the game have taught us all too well.

Always thought Bishop's power should be more like Dr. Strange's Yellow. Only proc from powers.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    bluewolf said:
    Vhailorx said:
    bluewolf said:

Bishop absorbs energy.

In the comic book world this works out pretty well since you have lots of characters who shoot energy at each other (Havok, for instance).

However, he doesn't do anything to stop/absorb physical blows. So in a fight with, say, Captain America, Cap might clean his clock (Bishop is probably a decent hand-to-hand fighter, but come on. This is Cap!). Shield tossed, Bishop down. Spidey would also waltz all over the One-Man-Blue-Man-Group.

Okoye would clock him with her spear and he'd be out cold. Thor's Hammer would lay him out flat. Etc.

Obviously MPQ doesn't have any way to modify dmg as being physically or energy based, so Mr. Bishop just absorbs everything.

Anyway, trying to make character abilities fit their canon is just an exercise in frustration, as years of playing the game have taught us all too well.

Umm, at the risk of being moderately nerdy, how are differentiating "energy" from "physical blow."? Energy is just energy, whether kinetic or electro-magnetic.  It just does work, whether that is pushing an object into motion, or heating it up.
    I guess I was skimming a bit too fast last time I read about him.  He is able to absorb kinetic energy but was much less efficient at doing that vs other forms of energy.  Although now he is learning to do that as well, so I guess we should be calling him Super-Bishop as he is currently being described as nigh-invulnerable.
    This is quite true, apart from the things I mention we learn in Uncanny X-Men 300 that Bishop can absorb energy even when he is in the equivalent of a "stun" state - he does this when Magneto has the X-Men trapped in a "magnetic force" thing (Burble, blah Marvel Comics Physics) and he is able to absorb the energy being used to contain him do he can bust free. I assume though that if you tied Bishop up using some rope or whatever then that would be him buggered. This brings me to the conclusion that the ultimate Bishop counter will be The Trapster and his glue gun. The end of the  reign of Bishop's terror is in the hands of a glue gun people.
    He defeated Cosmic Spidey. Bishop should be no problem.