Bishop sucking the fun out of the game

I am also starting another Bishop post so maybe the developers will get an idea. He is overpowered. Fighting against a continual flow of bishop teams in sim is not fun. I figure I’ll wait till the anniversary to see if anything changes. Definitely not spending anymore on a game where only a small handful of characters matter. 

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    pfarewell said:
    I am also starting another Bishop post so maybe the developers will get an idea. He is overpowered. Fighting against a continual flow of bishop teams in sim is not fun. I figure I’ll wait till the anniversary to see if anything changes. Definitely not spending anymore on a game where only a small handful of characters matter. 
    I know I'm on the save bishop movement but no bias here...I'm not seeing any bishop teams in regular PvP. Of course there are some in sim but nothing crazy.

Are people running okoyoe/bishop or kitty/bishop with required? I don't see it.

Edit: just completed my reading comprehension..you said sim only. Sorry! But I'm not q'ing continual bishop in sim
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bishop is also showing up more and more in regular PVP, the disease is spreading. Worse when he's boosted of course.

Not a lot of people want to deal with that headache so its an auto-skip most of the time.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    When I transitioned to 5* land, I made a thread (that I update now and again) stating “I’ve denied the signs too long, I’m a 5* player”. It was about how despite my best efforts to remain in the 4* tier, my unleveled 5s were getting used more and more so I’d might as well champ them. 

I almost made a satire thread stating “I’ve denied the signs too long, I’m (once again) a 4* player! Thanks Bishop!” Thanks to Bishop and Gritty, I find that despite being a “5* player”, I only ever play 1 5* at most in a lot of events, so I can keep Bishop on defense. The triple 4* team of Juggs/Grocket/Guardian (JugGOTG) (0 5*) is great for fast PVE clears. Bishop/Jessica/3* (1 5*) is my lightning round team.  Okoye/Tooth and either Dusa or Deadpool is my Sim climbing team (1 5*), while Gritshop gets put out on defense (1 5*). When 4* characters are faster and more feared than their 5* counterparts, something is seriously wrong with the game.  There are already plenty of reasons NOT to transition to the 5* game. Having most the power in the 4* tier just solidifies it. 

There are some trip 5* teams that would be great to play just for fun, but the premier team in the game that no one wants to touch is two 4*. So... in order to not get hit as well, you have to keep playing 4s, to keep Brokeship on defense. Why transition just to get locked into that dynamic? Stay in 4* land! Because right now, as the OP stated, Bishop is making the game not fun for 5* players. 
    This is a great sum up of everything that is happening in this game character wise.Kudos! (you should definitely make the satire thread)

It is a pretty sad the state of the game for 5 players. It is still pretty hard to get them (still super dependent in luck as my poor 11 cover Doom after opening 300 latest tokens can testify, with no good way of finishing him), and now they are not even that great in most game modes! Basically just Kitty being required!

I have said it more than once, but I can't really understand Devs that don't address this situation. At this point I want Bishop, Kitty and Rocket nerfed into OBLIVION, I want them out of the game completely, nuked, removed from my memory, obliterated, disintegrated, I HATE THEM :P

PS: Of course PvE should also be tweaked to not being a chore when you don't have Gritty.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony_Foot said:

I want a exact 3* copy too, so we can help the 3* guys punch up (you know the tale about letting these four star rosters hit our 5*s that never happens)
    Why stop there?  Add a Bishop clone in every tier and then for good measure add five more in each tier which generate black, green, purple, red & yellow in case a more devastating abuse of the mechanic can be made off those colors.  That's five times the fun across every tier!

(...and, yes, I have effectively given up PVP recently.  Why do you ask?)

(In Sim I was seeing him & only him after ~550-600pts, so I gave up on Mysterio's cover after only 26 wins even though I still am missing his purple because of this and will likely have no non-RNG way to get it before he disappears into the ether of dilution--for reference, my 5*'s are capped at Lv315 and rarely used in PVP, my 4's are at most Lv280 and my 3's are at most Lv266)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they fix him we can start focusing on / complaining about all the other issues that never get addressed.

He is an excellent distraction from the various unfixed bugs, dilution, lack of Supports, annoyance of heavily scheduled play......

People keep spending no matter what.  Even bought the Wiccan bundle....because it was there, I guess?  

It's Bishop's world, we're just living in it.  Welcome to the future.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, this dead horse is going to need its own forum section if we get any more threads. 

I realize I’m not on board with this nerf, but even if I was, this is getting excessive. They already said no nerf was in the works. Time to look for a counter solution (hint: I’ve been taking losses with Grishop to a Gritty/Juggs team) 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    There are players who are using him knowing others are going to skip their teams instead of face him outright. If it isn't a team with a second blue user, I'll definitely tackle them. Of course, I'm a 4-star player, so I have a lot of options. I agree with the poster yesterday that if they tweaked his Overclocked stun to only function once on a turn, he'd not be as broken. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Bishop is just one of the many symptoms sucking the life out of this game.

Now I can't even get relatively upset towards anything regarding the game has I've grown that apathetic. I enjoy playing, but the passion is gone.
    I was like you, but man, releasing a char so obviously broken, specially against the superior tier, and not doing anything for so long has made me specially mad with the game and Devs. I don't know if this is good or bad...
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2019
    Polares said:
    Bishop is just one of the many symptoms sucking the life out of this game.

Now I can't even get relatively upset towards anything regarding the game has I've grown that apathetic. I enjoy playing, but the passion is gone.
    I was like you, but man, releasing a char so obviously broken, specially against the superior tier, and not doing anything for so long has made me specially mad with the game and Devs. I don't know if this is good or bad...
    Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration and building anger. If this was six months ago, I'd definitely be right there with you. 

The only thing I have in this game is building my 5s now. For some reason, that's really stalled out and the tightwadding of feeders isn't there anymore for that temporary fix to relieve the frustration.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    And the 2nd Sub in the Simulator has him in the final one-play node, so you can't even avoid him fully in PVE.

And that fight was ROUGH.  My entire team got stunned as they got like 25+ Blue after my first turn (that had cascades and such).  I was lucky to get enough Purple before that to be able to stun him back with my 5-Star Daredevil when he became available.  Could have very easily lost, which almost never happens in PVE for me with a champed Thorkye and even an almost usable Gritty team as well (she's 375 @ 1 5 2).

But DAMN.
    I didn't fully understand how bad a high level Bishop is, but yeah.  I don't care what the "never nerf anyone!" crowd says.  He NEEDS to be nerfed and is ridiculously unbalanced.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    And the 2nd Sub in the Simulator has him in the final one-play node, so you can't even avoid him fully in PVE.

And that fight was ROUGH.  My entire team got stunned as they got like 25+ Blue after my first turn (that had cascades and such).  I was lucky to get enough Purple before that to be able to stun him back with my 5-Star Daredevil when he became available.  Could have very easily lost, which almost never happens in PVE for me with a champed Thorkye and even an almost usable Gritty team as well (she's 375 @ 1 5 2).

But DAMN.
    I didn't fully understand how bad a high level Bishop is, but yeah.  I don't care what the "never nerf anyone!" crowd says.  He NEEDS to be nerfed and is ridiculously unbalanced.
    But the one off node is literally the easiest place to deal with him.
    Yeah... he's only Level 270 in that node. Most of the Bishops I run into in Sim are 300+
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    If they fix him we can start focusing on / complaining about all the other issues that never get addressed.

He is an excellent distraction from the various unfixed bugs, dilution, lack of Supports, annoyance of heavily scheduled play......

People keep spending no matter what.  Even bought the Wiccan bundle....because it was there, I guess?  

It's Bishop's world, we're just living in it.  Welcome to the future.
    Are you kidding me?!  Bought the Wiccan bundle?   I cannot believe people spend money on this game, and not because of the issues being discussed in this thread, but because there is no need to.  You can earn all the same rewards just from playing more.  Might be different for me b/c I've been playing since day 1 and never felt the roster slot HP crunch that I've heard newer players have been feeling. 

I must say that I'm on the nerf Bishop bandwagon.  Every simulator is a rough ride.  I see nothing but Bishop/Gritty teams for the last 200-300 points.  I am seeing him in a lot of regular PVP as well.  People really love to pair him with JJ, but I've seen him paired with just about everyone.  Didn't matter who it was, the match was tough and you're one accidental cascade away from being stunned and overclocked into oblivion.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Wow, this dead horse is going to need its own forum section if we get any more threads. 

I realize I’m not on board with this nerf, but even if I was, this is getting excessive. They already said no nerf was in the works.
    I don’t believe a developer or Brigby has commented in any of the Bishop threads here, unless I’m mistaken. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once recently on Discord, Ice said that a nerf wasn't on their radar.

He did go on to theorycraft ways you might tweak him to be both effective for 4* players while not broken vs 5* players.

IMO it was all very unofficial.  I don't expect any adjustments in the near future, but perhaps it might be something they do eventually.

I continue to think that there's not much discussion of balancing characters etc with the game where it is (very mature playerbase overall) and the development team seeming to be focused on other areas that bring in revenue.  Costumes, bundles, etc.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,081 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

I realize I’m not on board with this nerf, but even if I was, this is getting excessive. They already said no nerf was in the works.
    I don’t believe a developer or Brigby has commented in any of the Bishop threads here, unless I’m mistaken. 
    I took the discord news to be given in good faith. If you didn’t, fair enough. What is the appropriate number of threads until you receive a response? 

I understand the frustration about communication, trust me. At some point the silence becomes your answer though.