BATMAN1
BATMAN1 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
What gives with the trash rewards 40 Mc and 17 jewels? @Brigby @LakeStone
@bken1234

Comments

• GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, these are like austerity rewards. What gives?
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Yeah, these are like austerity rewards. What gives?
    This is worse than austerity, this is disrespect ... What's the point of a 7 jewels reward when every price ingame is a multiple of 10 ... ?

Not.another.VIP.Subscription.
    Not.another.dime.
    Not.another.kind.word.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, this is awful.  I thought event rewards were supposed to start awarding more jewels?  Is 17 your idea of "rewarding more" @Oktagon_Daiane @Brigby??
  • WiLDRAGE
    WiLDRAGE Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They are going full-on freemium business model.  Starve the ressources so that either people quit or the addicted people spend more and more money.
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You get more jewels from Rising Tensions...

Who needs 16,000 Runes when they're Platinum Level anyway?

The four Packs is nice.

The Coalition placement rewards seem higher to me than normal. Anyone? 
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    4.3 seems designed to make us miserable.  Not to challenge us; just to make us feel miserable.  You have to play a bunch of vanguards, but using them hurts you.  So you need to gain life to offset that, but you can't use token stacks because Greg's deck has Mass Manipulation.  And by the way, you can't play any efficient removal or gem converters because everything in your deck has to cost at least 10.  It's just not fun.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Klep said:
    4.3 seems designed to make us miserable.  Not to challenge us; just to make us feel miserable.  You have to play a bunch of vanguards, but using them hurts you.  So you need to gain life to offset that, but you can't use token stacks because Greg's deck has Mass Manipulation.  And by the way, you can't play any efficient removal or gem converters because everything in your deck has to cost at least 10.  It's just not fun.
    I’m the opposite, I found it very simple. I’ve been running Karn for access to everything plus good mana, and for this node ran on Serra’s Wings and Darigaaz. Saheelie made copies of Dari. Otherwise, BSZ and StV plus other random good stuff made this fight ridiculously easy.

As far as the event goes, I’m not sure why we suddenly left block restriction despite this being a WAR event. Seemed like most people liked the challenge of a restricted card pool the last few WAR events, so to suddenly add everything back in seems weird. In general I hate the side objectives and the node supports, as usual, are completely ignorable. 
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I like the flavor of this event but a) it is VERY time consuming... 4 nodes AND a 6 hour recharge timer (not the 8 hours as promised!) and b) the paltry rewards are absurd. And while you're at it, please change the starting charges to 1.

It feels like the first iteration of B4T. I hate this event and the way it ruins my weekend.

@Brigby: it seriously needs a redesign!

Edit: Did I mention that a lot of cards with proliferate and partner are not counted towards their objective, leader is broken and LCS has crashed some of my team mates games? Jeez... what a mess.
  • BATMAN1
    Options
    And poor rewards 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
      Once i thought RoTgp had become boring and unrewarding ...

Then i discovered RAW and started to miss Rotgp... 8 hours charges on 3 nodes wasn't that bad after all ...

A few weeks later, i discovered the Elderspark and decided to go back from competitive play to casual play after 3 years of dedicated grinding ...

I wonder if i have to thank someone for that ... 
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is Trial of Zeal all over again.

The last node have bosses with stupidly ridiculous HP, **** mana gain, **** abilities and **** cards (... I don't swear that much, frankly, but I can't express this any better)...... in Standard.

And this is coming right after Fate is Unfair yesterday and two more events clogging up the weekends.

I think now really iss the time to contemplate leaving this game. **** grind just can't be tolerated anymore....
  • BATMAN1
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!! I finally just joined the event after complaining about the poor awards for all yesterday. So I was unaware that the event was FOUR nodes!!! What a time sink!!!! Four nodes and poor rewards, Jesus thats just great. The craziest thing was it was a conscious decision by Octagon to give terrible awards and make the grind really long. So in return I say shame on you Octagon, you have obviously have no respect for the player base. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like pve for the first time, because you don't know, what's coming up next.

Especially node 3.2 where to use 'dragon, elf, goblin or elemental' is very frustrating if you choose to go with goblin and realize that greg has an a skill, that kill every token but elemental....

But for a second run it's to time consuming for me. This game os ruining me family time, my bank account and if I don't skip events like this my health.
    And all of this three points I would choose before this game. 

Time again to think twice before releasing things like this.