** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) ** [PRE 2015-05]

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
[anchor=moonstone2]Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 5586 Tile damage: 9/45/11/50/10/39
    Gravity Warp - Purple 8 AP
    Moonstone manipulates gravity, warping a random Purple or Black Special tile to the location of a chosen basic tile. If there are no valid Special tiles, the warp collases doing 75 damage.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Can warp Red Special tiles. Collapse damage increased to 86. Level 3: Can warp Yellow Special tiles. Collapse damage increased to 98. Level 4: Can warp Blue Special tiles. Collapse damage increased to 109. Level 5: Can warp any Special tile. Collapse damage increased to 120.
    Max Level: 1069 damage
      Photon Blast - Red 11 AP
      Moonstone concentrates photons into destructive blasts of radiation, harnessing ambient energy to intensify the effect. Does 25 base damage and 13 damage for each Red tile on the board.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 14 damage per Red tile. Level 3: 16 damage per Red tile. Level 4: 18 damage per Red tile. Level 5: 23 damage per Red tile.
      Max Level: 392 base damage and 200 damage for each Red tile on board
        Control Shift - Black 9 AP
        Moonstone persuades her opponent to turn over their assets. She steals an enemy Attack tile.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: 1 Attack or Protect tile. Level 3: 2 Attack or Protect tiles. Level 4: 2 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles. Level 5: 3 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

Old abilities:
          Gravity Warp - Purple 5 AP
          Moonstone manipulates gravity, reconfiguring the battlefield to her advantage. Swaps 3 chosen basic tiles with other random tiles on the board.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Can also move Web and Strike tiles. Level 3: Can choose 4 tiles. Level 4: Can also move Attack and Protect tiles. Level 5: Can choose 5 tiles.

Original post:
          Adding her to the hero listing, placing a copy here for discussion on her for her release.

Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel)
          2 Star Rarity (Uncommon)
            Gravity Warp - Purple 5 AP Moonstone manipulates gravity, reconfiguring the battlefield to her advantage. Swaps 3 chosen basic tiles with other random tiles on the board. Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Can also move Web and Strike tiles. Level 3: Can choose 4 tiles. Level 4: Can also move Attack and Protect tiles. Level 5: Can choose 5 tiles.
            Photon Blast - Red 11 AP Moonstone concentrates photons into destructive blasts of radiation, harnessing ambient energy to intensify the effect. Does 25 base damage and 13 damage for each Red tile on the board. Level Upgrades
            Level 2: 14 damage per Red tile. Level 3: 16 damage per Red tile. Level 4: 18 damage per Red tile. Level 5: 23 damage per Red tile.
            Control Shift - Black 17 AP Moonstone shifts control of a random enemy Countdown tile to her team, targeting the enemy. If there are no Countdown tiles, stuns the target for 1 turn. Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Chosen tile’s Countdown reduced to a maximum of 3 turns. Level 3: Stun lasts 2 turns. Level 4: Chosen tile’s Countdown reduced to a maximum of 2 turns. Level 5: Always stuns target.

Comments

• Sounds like a great support character
          • I could definitely see her Control Shift ability being useful against really tough mobs.
          • I think Gravity Warp probably needs a bit of a change. The idea is to expose countdown/enemy tiles to be destroyed, but randomness isn't nearly good enough.

How about if we use the concept of gravity, and have the chosen tiles be swapped up with random tiles in the UPPER HALF of the board? That will make it more useful in terms of creating opportunities to destroy those tiles. Most of the time we have issues when enemy tiles are stuck right at the bottom and there are no matches in the vicinity.
          • I'm not sure if this is important, because as i read the skill you can't target countdown tiles, so it doesn't matter if you get you random tiles from the bottom or the top. It would help with attack and defend tiles though, but for 5 you can use the skill pretty often so the randomness is a little bit negated
          • Hmm need bcs have nice cover;]
          • Her high AP costs makes her a decent support.
          • I upgraded from 6 to 7 and thought it went up but then went to 8 and it is now 25. Am I imagining things?

EDIT: in game it says 63. May just be a bug in the info screen? Not sure what damage I did since it was a killing blow.
          • greggray24 wrote:
            I upgraded from 6 to 7 and thought it went up but then went to 8 and it is now 25. Am I imagining things?

EDIT: in game it says 63. May just be a bug in the info screen? Not sure what damage I did since it was a killing blow.

If you're using her in the new Dark Avengers tournament remember that
            IceIX wrote:
            Moonstone (Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel) is buffed 150% for this Tournament

icon_e_smile.gif
          • Right 25 x 2.5 = 63. Forgot that buffed 150% is really 250% damage. Did not realize it applied beyond tile matches. Orig question still stands then - should her base damge go up with levels? Seems kind of underpowered if not.
          • IceIX
            IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
            Both base damage and damage per tile scale with level. Leveling the ability itself pushes the per tile damage higher as well, but does not affect base damage.
          • IceIX wrote:
            Both base damage and damage per tile scale with level. Leveling the ability itself pushes the per tile damage higher as well, but does not affect base damage.

That is not what is happening as far as I can tell. At least when browsing covers it shows 25 damage even though I'm level 8. My high level Iron Man shows his actual damage for his level. Something is not right.
          • It sucks that I can only lvl her up to 8 until I get another cover for her.
          • Unknown
            edited July 2015
            I didn't see a topic in this forum running for her, so here we go!

Have you found any good use for her in a team comp?

I ran with her for the longest time as 5/5/3, and found that her purple can get you out of some hairy situations, and on occasion can setup some nice combos. Her red has the potential to do some rather decent damage, on occasion more than a same level Wolverine's red.

What do you think of her?

Edit: Updated Gravity Warp.
          • Dormammu
            Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
            I think that her purple power is too random to be of reliable use. That said, it is her best ability because it's cheap. Her red is counter-productive - by the time you've gathered enough red AP there won't be much left on the board to do enough damage to justify using it; there are too many other good red powers. Her black is simply too expensive for what little you get out of it.
          • Bring down black ap will make her more useful. 3ap cost perhap?
          • Kcwei83 wrote:
            Bring down black ap will make her more useful. 3ap cost perhap?
            That's way too low. She'd be able to completely shut down any countdown character.

Moonstone is alright. The biggest problem with her is the current state of meta. No one uses countdowns and there's a heavy red bias.
          • Has anyone used her black ability on a IM40 Recharge Countdown? Who, if anyone, gets stunned by the reachrge tile when it triggers?
          • I mean, like we were talking about in the Doom thread, I think the idea of Moonstone's purple (and other seemingly worthless "let's randomly scramble up a bunch of tiles" abilities like Loki's and C. Magneto's) is to make sure your attack/strike tiles can never be matched off the board. That way they (hopefully) stay there forever and keep buffing your guys/hurting the enemy. I don't know that this really works well in practice though.
            fatcatfan wrote:
            Has anyone used her black ability on a IM40 Recharge Countdown? Who, if anyone, gets stunned by the reachrge tile when it triggers?

I was curious about this too so I just tried it. My Moonstone turned the IM40 countdown tile black (to signify she owned it), and when it counted down, I got the recharge AP but Moonstone took the stun. icon_e_sad.gif
          • So Moonstone is kinda cool, but not great. But after the Heroic event I'm going to have to make the decisions for "optimal" build. Pretty sure is 5/5/3 for me, as the Black AP cost is too much for a stun, and would currently see too little use for stealing countdown tiles. I already have red at 5, just have to decide on the other two. If black had slightly less cost I'd consider 4/5/4 for the most versatility.
          • It's a pity they don't allow the use of Moonstone in heroics. Her black would actually come in handy. Though, also, after seeing the power of some of the countdown tiles now, it could be a distinct possibility that a 3/5/5 build might also be useful. At rank 5 black, yeah, it's expensive, but using her as a counter pick to a strong countdown character is very rewarding. Always stun, with only 2 turns (one if a solo fight), and the effects are yours to reap.
          This discussion has been closed.