To Devs - Marvel puzzle quest or Marvel vs. kitty ?

Options
Projectus2501
Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
Dear Devs. I usually restrain any critics to games I play since my opinion is just one in many and the total popularity of a game is the thing that's more important.
But I can't help feeling very frustrated when I'm playing the Best Buds PvP. In a game that is running fast (to fast imo) to having 300 different characters I see maybe 19 kittys in 20 adversaries. Is this a planned thing on your part? Because, on this side, it's just plain frustrating and it really sounds like incompetence. And don't justify it by saying that grocket is buffed because this happens a lot in all the other PvP events.
Is this marvel puzzle quest or marvel Vs kitty?
PLEASE do something about it!

Thank you

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are plenty of other teams in most PVP events. I know because I use Kitty and I see them all the time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,329 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    With any luck, they won’t rerun the Grocket pvp until the GotG3 movie, which is probably coming in 2022 at the soonest. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Though if you're in Shield Sim, Kitty, Rocket and Bishop is basically all you'll see.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's called: Marvel Auto-Quest
  • bluewolf
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It's called: Marvel Auto-Quest
    Passive auto dmg plus upfront, non-interactive strike tiles plus auto boosting specials = fun

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 5-star MMR I'm honestly seeing just as many BSSM teams as Gritty, which is completely logical.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    The fault on the developers lays in the initial design and release of these characters.

No one likes nerfs, of course.

But any player can tell you what will happen with a new character.  Sure, Kitty was not widely predicted as a meta person before release, but giving her as a test character would have quickly revealed her value. (I know, never happening.)

You can't blame players for using the best tools that are available.  They have no choice.  Even if you somehow convinced 1000 players to use, say, only Thorkoye for this PVP, you'd have all the other players who are barely involved in the community eating them up for lunch.  (Maybe my numbers are off, but my point stands.)

I wish I had covered BSSM 2-3 years ago at his release, but I wasn't that far along in my roster development then and so now I'm just doing my best without him.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Time to nerf kitty , if you have a roster with 3 champed 5*s then most pvp fights are Gritty after the first few wins 

it’s not too bad if you have kitty with 10-13 covers but if not then you have to get lucky 

they nerfed oml then gambit so surely it’s only a matter of time before they nerf her

if they don’t pvp will continue to be boring and a big grind if you want to score over 500 points 
  • jp1
    Options
    Very frustrating, all the nerf talk. 

We should also reduce the salary of all the folks who make more money than we do...it’s not fair. Let’s make everyone drive a Civic for an even playing field. Did you win the lottery? Let’s redistribute it evenly.

Those who got Kitty covered and champed, using their time and resources should now be punished because others did not? 

I dont happen to have 5Thor, 5Thanos, Hela, or 5DD champed or covered. They present me with challenges in a multitude of ways. By your logic they should be nerfed. 

I certainly hope the devs don’t put too much stock in all the nerf calls on these boards. There was exactly one option with Gambit. You can beat Kitty/Rocket in many ways.

Also without Rocket, Kitty isn’t very good. A nerf would destroy her into oblivion. Once again, this would be devastating to tons of younger rosters who may only have her as one of a couple 5s. Why is your convenience of such importance that they should have the carpet ripped out from under them?  

If you want fair nerfs Thorkoye has to have one too, as well as 5Thanos. It’s a house of cards that might come crumbling down on your roster eventually...are you cool with that?

The hard counter in Th4nos is very effective in countering this combo, as soon as he is champed widely this won’t be an issue any longer. Lastly, the event is structured in such a way that anyone with a high level Rocket/Medusa can bring any decent 5 and have great odds of winning. Kitty is a side note in this instance.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty boosts special tiles. Rocket makes special tiles. It’s not exactly rocket science (pun intended) that these two would be paired. 

Last PVP (Hulk) I think I saw ONE Gritty team on the way to 1200. Because unlike Rocket, he pairs horribly with Gritty and is a pseudo counter against opposing Gritties. Thorkoye was everywhere this event. 

New character releases, you see a lot more Panthos as people target the undercovered 4* and let court death do its thing.

This is really just basic synergy and while I’ll agree that the Rocket PVP is annoying and harder than probably any other event, I do not agree that it’s a reason to nerf Kitty. Especially since she’s quite mediocre without those starting strikes. 
  • jp1
    Options
    I propose a tick box setting that is “Pro Nerf” if you turn it on there is no going back. You will be subjected to any nerf that happens, however, you will only face PVP opponents with the same designation. If you leave it off, you keep your roster intact and face opponents who made the same choice.

Seems simple enough if there is only a one time chance. Problematic if people want to flip flop when their A listers get nerfed.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jp1 said:
    I propose a tick box setting that is “Pro Nerf” if you turn it on there is no going back. You will be subjected to any nerf that happens, however, you will only face PVP opponents with the same designation. If you leave it off, you keep your roster intact and face opponents who made the same choice.

Seems simple enough if there is only a one time chance. Problematic if people want to flip flop when their A listers get nerfed.
    Right... seems totally simple to implement multiple versions of characters in the game, and mess with the MMR algorithm so that flip switchers only get bracketed with flip switchers and vice versa. I honestly can’t believe they haven’t implemented this yet. 
  • jp1
    Options
    jp1 said:

Right... seems totally simple to implement multiple versions of characters in the game, and mess with the MMR algorithm so that flip switchers only get bracketed with flip switchers and vice versa. I honestly can’t believe they haven’t implemented this yet. 
    Cute.... It was partially tongue in cheek, partially wishful thinking.

However, I didn’t mean it would be simple to implement. It might be simple to sustain.

The pre-nerfed character already exists. The nerf (which they would have already done anyway) could then only be applied to those who like having their rosters screwed with and choose to participate. 

Seems like a fairly straightforward check to prevent the two from being mixed in PVP as well. 

Never mind the fact there is zero chance they would ever do it. It sure would be nice to separate all the Pro-nerf advocates so those of us who want to keep what we have earned and/or paid good money for could do so.

Alternatively, they could just do away with nerfing altogether. Being that it is a ridiculous notion except in ultra extreme and rare circumstances.

• Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What the game needs is a 5* Anti-Kitty. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Steve111 said:
    What the game needs is a 5* Anti-Kitty. 
    Yeah, if only one of those existed. A real cool-looking guy... maybe in black.
    Of course, that demonstrates the other problem with the 5* tier.  It's one thing to identify that a counter exists.  It's another to acquire enough covers for that character to use them.  It's like playing rock-paper-scissors when you can be reasonably sure your opponent can't play scissors.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Kitty is a problem only when she is paired with R4G. I believe this is something virtually everyone can agree on.

If R4G doesn't exist, her new partner is probably Carnage. If both R4G and Carnage don't exist, who will be her "broken" partner? Magik or no one else?

If we pair Kitty with Daken, Blade or even OML, will she post a problem like R4G did? I believe the answer is a "no" as well. 

Should Kitty be nerfed because her synergies with one character or maybe two characters out of 100+ characters?

Repeat the process for R4G, and maybe Carnage? What's the conclusion?

As for counter, BSSM is the counter for 5* land. There were posts about BSSM being hard to cover due it being Classic Characters. Is it any different if it is a new character instead? There will be players who don't have enough LTs or "luck" to cover the new potential anti-Gritty.

Can the answer only be nerf?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty is a problem only when she is paired with R4G. I believe this is something virtually everyone can agree on.

If R4G doesn't exist, her new partner is probably Carnage. If both R4G and Carnage don't exist, who will be her "broken" partner? Magik or no one else?

If we pair Kitty with Daken, Blade or even OML, will she post a problem like R4G did? I believe the answer is a "no" as well. 

Should Kitty be nerfed because her synergies with one character or maybe two characters out of 100+ characters?

Repeat the process for R4G, and maybe Carnage? What's the conclusion?

As for counter, BSSM is the counter for 5* land. There were posts about BSSM being hard to cover due it being Classic Characters. Is it any different if it is a new character instead? There will be players who don't have enough LTs or "luck" to cover the new potential anti-Gritty.

Can the answer only be nerf?

Or maybe introduce another good counter in the 4* tier. Th4nos is a nice attempt but too slow. BSSM's passive already has a 4* equivalent that targets protect tiles (see Eddie Brock), why shouldn't there be one that targets strike tiles and/or attack tiles as well?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Because almost no competitive 5* players rely on protect tiles to win matches, so Eddie Brock's anti-protect tile is insignificant. If you get a 4* to nerf strike and attack tiles, that's a problem. It could be similar to Bishop "stopping" or "nerfing" 5* characters or teams.