Long-Time Veterans - Player Level Adjustment (4/22/19)

Options

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’m level 100 with 2424 mastered cards
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Level 80. 999 cards mastered.
  • Theros
    Theros Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think 5000 mastered points is too high, it should have been lowered to 3000 or 4000.
    You can be a 3 year vet and easily be  slightly shy of 5000. Such vets will be the biggest losers.

Despite the adjustment, vets are missing big on rewards
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll take the level up rewards you just **** me out of, thanks.

Level 90
    2068 Mastered
    219 Unmastered
  • Raistlin
    Raistlin Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    If one of the goals was to highlight the achievements of veteran players.... this does the opposite. All the work they have put into the game, only to be highlighted by a level number, and none of the rewards to go with it? The main reason I worked to gain levels was to see what rewards came with them...
    I’m sorry, but this is like a slap in the face.

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One of these things is not like the others:

Can you solve this really tricky mystery? It seems as thought the devs cannot. These were taken from player profiles in the top 2 coalitions on the all-time leaderboard. You can find who they belong to if you'd like but that isn't really the point.
  • Brakkis
    Options
    Which essentially **** on any mastering we did post-3.2

Lovely **** work.
  • knifelheim
    knifelheim Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Last night I was 99% of the way to completing a new player level and thereby gaining the rewards associated with it. This morning, my level has been set to 80 and my experience set to 0. I did not receive any rewards for any of this. You already **** over veteran players with the initial implementation of this, and then you go and **** us over again with this arbitrary, half-assed nonsense?! I'm done. I will not spend another cent on this game while this incompetency runs rampant in design and implementation of the game.

/rant
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Last night I was 99% of the way to completing a new player level and thereby gaining the rewards associated with it. This morning, my level has been set to 80 and my experience set to 0. I did not receive any rewards for any of this. You already tinykitty over veteran players with the initial implementation of this, and then you go and tinykitty us over again with this arbitrary, half-assed nonsense?! I'm done. I will not spend another cent on this game while this incompetency runs rampant in design and implementation of the game.

/rant

I was also over 90%. This is just another problem with this "fix". What is happening with oktagon?
  • ZW2007-
    Options
    What is happening is they took a bunch of people with an interest in making games and an ability to code games and made a mobile gaming company. The problem is that none of them seem to have a background in game design.
  • ZW2007-
    Options
    starfall said:
    ZW2007- said:
    One of these things is not like the others:

Can you solve this really tricky mystery? It seems as thought the devs cannot. These were taken from player profiles in the top 2 coalitions on the all-time leaderboard. You can find who they belong to if you'd like but that isn't really the point.
    I fell into this calculation trap at first.

They're not basing our current levels on color mastery today, but on what it was when 3.2 dropped.
    Brigby said:

Player Level Adjustments for Long-Time, High Color Mastery Veterans
    Any player that had a total Color Mastery higher than 5,000 at the time of the 3.2 release will fall under this Long Time, High Color Mastery Veteran category.
    And that is a perfect example supporting the claim that they have no clue what they are doing. Veteran players got hosed big time with the initial conversion and complained, a lot. They decided to "fix" the issue by once again overriding all the effort veteran players put into leveling and mastering cards after 3.2 dropped. I gained about four levels since 3.2 and now I jumped to a new arbitrary number and those four levels have essentially vanished and that 26,000 experience is gone, never to be earned again. I would have been better off not gaining a single experience point from 3.2 until now.
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm currently at 723 mastered cards and was at level 42. now, I'm at level 80. I have mastered some cards from normal play (but not intentionally trying to master cards) since the level/xp update first came. I'm not sure that I should have been bumped to 80.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    One more question ...

What happened to XP that we got after 3.2 update? Was it disregarded again? Every attempt to repair the wrong system causes more damage.

Just give the current XP that everyone deserves. NO CURVE.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    I would have been better off not gaining a single experience point from 3.2 until now.

Another fine example of Oktagon giving us the opposite of what was asked for/needed. 

From node timers to mastering cards to deck slots, it's quite amazing how many ways MTGPQ tells you, "We don't want you to actually play the game,"

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So first we get cheated out of level appropriate rewards in the initial conversion, and now you tell me we get cheated out of 40 potential levels more?! 

With a cap on level, this is just straight up punishing veterans harder!

Thanks for nothing!!
  • Brakkis
    Options
    That other MtG based game is just looking better and better.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, all hail implementation of this handling!

D3 lived up to their name. I must say I am very pleased to know my assumptions of D3 are 100% spot on.

The levels don’t make sense.

No leveling rewards were granted.

The continued attempt to fix broken things we never asked for by adding on more broken things we never asked for.

Am I missing something?