Long-Time Veterans - Player Level Adjustment (4/22/19)

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    But I wonder, do you Volrak think, from a high level perspective, that matching players based upon the size of their collection multiplied by the dedication to mastering cards, is a good idea?
    We've had a version of that since Mastery first appeared.  I'm not convinced it's the best approach, but it's certainly better than no matchmaking.  If designed well, matchmaking based on player level could certainly be more scalable than mastery tiers.  
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @volrak - I think that there is a big difference between the tier system and the level system, simply in the number of groups available.
    In the old system there were 4 groups where it categorised which prizes you were playing for.
    In the XP system it is currently impossible to say how many groups will be implemented, but will it say anything about the prizes being fought over, time will tell.

As to matching we don’t know if the system will be anything like the current system, it has to be different, why else change it?
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    @volrak - I think that there is a big difference between the tier system and the level system.
    Yes, there are some large differences between tiers and proposed level-based system.  That's quite clear even though many details about the latter are still unknown.

When I say "we have a version of that already", I'm making the observation that "matching players based upon the size of their collection multiplied by the dedication to mastering cards" is a central feature of both the current tier-based matchmaking system, and the planned level-based matchmaking.