Long-Time Veterans - Player Level Adjustment (4/22/19)

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    I have 2353 mastered cards, on level 90.
    Let's see who else is on level 90 as of today:

Player1 with 1353 cards mastered
    Player2 with 1557 cards mastered

Why do you pretend not to see how unfair this is?

//Removed In-Game Name -Brigby
    @Brigby this is really the crux of the issue.  Please don't get lost in all the anger and attacks here and miss the point.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE UPSET.  THAT'S IT, JUST THIS

No matter what arbitrary solution you guys come up with, this will still be an issue.  Just give everyone the levels they have earned, and adjust the leveling curve to get the distribution you want.  Nothing is set in stone.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:

@Brigby this is really the crux of the issue.  Please don't get lost in all the anger and attacks here and miss the point.

No matter what arbitrary solution you guys come up with, this will still be an issue.  Just give everyone the levels they have earned, and adjust the leveling curve to get the distribution you want.  Nothing is set in stone.

And to make things easy for you, only count the XP for the already mastered cards and provide XP only when unmastered cards get mastered. That way you will save yourself a lot of hassle trying to calculate cards that have some XP but are not fully mastered.

This "fix" is just another kick in the nuts after adjusting my way of playing this game thanks to the first implementation of this system.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    starfall said:
    In fact... have you adjusted Player1's level UP to 90, and mine DOWN to 90?
    I'm also at 90 with 1597 cards mastered.  So I definitely got a boost
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not sure whether to feel happy or sad that this didn't happen to me. Did you old pros get a reward or anything?
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just checked and I'm level 80...but I was about 300 xp away from level 44...bye reward
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone want to crowdsource anything, these are my numbers.
    Was level 48ish. Am now level 90.
    mastered cards 1900 - unmastered 554
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @starfall - thanks mate. Didn’t consider that when 
    I wrote my post.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:

No matter what arbitrary solution you guys come up with, this will still be an issue.  Just give everyone the levels they have earned.
    Please, this is the real problem we are talking about. The discrepancy between the players still continues and may have increased with this new "fix". :o

Do not spend more time and resources with cheap solutions. Just do what's right. Thanks.
  • Outersider
    Outersider Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Signed in and saw my new level............ but none of the rewards for getting there.... a new low in this game. There is zero trust that the dev's can do anything right. 1st Screw us out of levels then screw us out of getting the rewards for getting there... NOT ANOTHER PENNY WILL BE SPENT ON THIS GAME. I'm with the others it's time to spend what little funds I have on Arena. At least it's real magic and not the wanna be this game has turned into.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    starfall said:

Ultradaved with 1353 cards mastered
    Niko8PSG with 1557 cards mastered

It somehow looks like it das calculated not by the actual xp data as calculated by mastered cards x XP + partially mastered cards but by the current level? How pointless. This just changes the irrelevant number to another irrelevant number (although the level up rewards are likely better up here.. But who cares?)
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, I’ll provide some data.

I have 881 mastered cards. I was barely over 5000 mastery points when leveling was released (I only have 5505 atm and I gained 5 levels since release).

I’m now level 80. So... if I had had a few less points At release I’d have to make up 38 levels manually?

I have to believe that a whole bunch of people just became permanently handicapped compared to my leveling potential.