3.3 Release Notes *Updated (4/3/19)

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @IM_CARLOS - that may be worse that my experience with the first Ravnica set. It took me 11 PP (or was it 14) before getting my first mythic! Got one more mythic on the 18th and then bye bye birdie for I don’t know how long.

It is a tremendously bad feeling to experience this kind of ...

I hope the Mythics you got were good?
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Has the price of packs always been 20 gold higher for the newest set? 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fiddler said:
    Has the price of packs always been 20 gold higher for the newest set? 
    If by "always" you mean "as long as Oktagon has been in charge" than yes.

It never used to be, though.  They made that change when booster crafting came out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    starfall said:
    The exclusives cards have not been added into GRN packs. Is this intentional? When do they get added?
    I believe there was a data push today that added the exclusive cards to GRN packs, so you should be able to see that reflected in the booster pack content list in-game
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Assuming of course that any of us can get into the game :p
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm noticing that Nullhide Ferox's "ability" is no longer triggering when Karn's A1 is used. It used to be that the exiling of two cards reduced the CC of spells/supports in hand by 20.

There is nothing in the Bug Fixes/Card Changes section to indicate this.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm noticing that Nullhide Ferox's "ability" is no longer triggering when Karn's A1 is used. It used to be that the exiling of two cards reduced the CC of spells/supports in hand by 20.

There is nothing in the Bug Fixes/Card Changes section to indicate this.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I don't have Ferox so I'm not sure, but that definitely sounds like it was a bug that got fixed.  No idea why it wouldn't be in the notes, except for how things always change without being included in the notes
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hadn't noticed it, but considering Karn exiles cards from your library and Nullhide Ferox's cost reduction is supposed to come from exiling cards from your hand, seems like a pretty reasonable bug fix.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    I hadn't noticed it, but considering Karn exiles cards from your library and Nullhide Ferox's cost reduction is supposed to come from exiling cards from your hand, seems like a pretty reasonable bug fix.

Yup... Just wanted confirmation that this was, indeed, a bug fix, and I will take this deck apart.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    NinjaE said:
    So now that this is settled... when is it going live?
    I would assume Thursday, but an official heads' would be nice.
    The team has to first do a data push to the build, in order to change the phase timer of the Looping Prevention System, and then they can begin the process of propagating the 3.3 update.

If everything goes according to plan, then it should be available sometime later today.
    So what was changed? djinn no longer draws spels that give extra turns? 
    and baral wont draw cards when you play a converter?

It'd be nice to know -HOW- these changes were implemented :)
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Well after update I has some strange behaviour:

1. BFZ get by Expansion (a copy!) from grave can be cast in same turn. Normally a bug because this was restricted in former patch. 

2. Apex of Power and some other spells have cast prompt. Definitely a feature. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting, number 3 is vanished. Because is a  major bug. Well maybe the come a push update again. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Ferox... I seemed to notice the AI using it... Am I going crazy or was Greg discarding cards?
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A very BIG THANK YOU for the changes in Rising Tension's nodes.

Having all four nodes open at once is both sensical (on account of rotating nodes) and VERY helpful in case you got screwed by RNG and lost that first battle. So, thank you a LOT for that.

Aside from that, I haven't explored thoroughly on all the changes, but so far nothing excessively negative is obvious from what I see. Hopefully I don't see any; already tired of a few existing annoyances in the game already.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Added the following bug fix:
    • The game no longer soft-locks when the player had 3 Creatures on the field and used a card that took permanent control of an enemy Creature. Now the player will no longer be able to activate the card.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    • The game no longer soft-locks when the player had 3 Creatures on the field and used a card that took permanent control of an enemy Creature. Now the player will no longer be able to activate the card.
    I
     think this should be a bit more clear :
    As result, permanent stealing cards now will only work if the player has two or fewer creatures on the board.

The mechanic was as long bugged (and confirmed as working) as it was working. 

Thanks for adding it!
  • Brigby
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I
    As result, permanent stealing cards now will only work if the player has two or fewer creatures on the board.

Thanks for adding it!
    I added a bit more clarifying info to the end of the sentence. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    I

Thanks for adding it!
    I added a bit more clarifying info to the end of the sentence. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Would you be so kind to add "copies can now be cast on the same turn" to the release notes? Not that it'd change a thing, but maybe we'll get the complete 3.3 release notes together before 4.2 drops. Are the guys at Oktagon talking to each other? It doesn't seem so.