3.3 Release Notes *Updated (4/3/19)

Options

Comments

• OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Thank you all for the insightful and constructive feedback. I just spoke with the team this morning, and they will be changing the 18 seconds per phase to 90 seconds.

This change will be a transitional adjustment, as the team will continue to monitor and work towards finding the right balance between solving infinite loop issues and maintaining player play styles following the 3.3 update.

Thank you for making sure that the team understood our concerns, Brigby.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So now that this is settled... when is it going live?
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    NinjaE said:

I would assume Thursday, but an official heads' would be nice.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Thank you all for the insightful and constructive feedback. I just spoke with the team this morning, and they will be changing the 18 seconds per phase to 90 seconds.

This change will be a transitional adjustment, as the team will continue to monitor and work towards finding the right balance between solving infinite loop issues and maintaining player play styles following the 3.3 update.
    Well done Brigby, thank you very much!!! A faster answer would have been impossible.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited March 2019
    Options
    NinjaE said:
    The team has to first do a data push to the build, in order to change the phase timer of the Looping Prevention System, and then they can begin the process of propagating the 3.3 update.

If everything goes according to plan, then it should be available sometime later today.
  • OmegaLolrus
    Options
    Brigby said:
    NinjaE said:
    The team has to first do a data push to the build, in order to change the phase timer of the Looping Prevention System, and then they can begin the process of propagating the 3.3 update.

If everything goes according to plan, then it should be available sometime later today.

Don't toy with my emotions, Brigby.

Now... tell me... when can I buy the Simic Bundle with Momir Vig (or Kraj, whoever)?

• Brigby
    edited March 2019
    Options
    *Updated to final release notes. Added 2 fixes to the bug fix list regarding near-infinite loops exploits
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated to final release notes. Added 2 fixes to the bug fix list regarding near-infinite loops exploits

@Brigby, are these related to LPS or something different (e.g., Djinn changed, or the second "mystery card" changed?)
  • Brigby
    Options
    octal9 said:
    Brigby said:
    Brigby, are these related to LPS or something different (e.g., Djinn changed, or the second "mystery card" changed?)
    Those were bug fixes that were included on the list from before the discussion about LPS, however to avoid having players that were originally unaware of it begin taking advantage of it, we had to omit it from the Pre-Release Notes until the fix went live.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you for listening to the community on the LPS and making these interim changes.  In the long run I hope a way could be found to "listen earlier", e.g. at the design stage.

Something I didn't mention before - I quite appreciate the detailed list of specific event tweaks in the Event Changes section.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder ... just open 10 PP in a row and didn't open judt one single mystic or a MP. The 30% mystic rate is not correct I think it's ZERO! Or I just be on the wrong side of the table. But have some more crystal to open even more PP and if no mythic or better show up I don't pay amy real cash either. We will see. 
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There is no update on apple store.
  • Brigby
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ayuready7 said:
    There is no update on apple store.
    It might just be taking a bit to propagate to all storefronts. Give it some time, and if it doesn't show up in say...30 minutes to an hour, then please let me know and I'll ping the team to see what's going on.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aww.  My first purchase timed out.  I was docked 320 crystals and have only the 1 RNA card I opened in the free pack just before even after rebooting my phone.
    Submitted a ticket with screenshots.  But I don't think I should try to get/open more till my initial ticket is addressed to avoid polluting my log with successes.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    I wonder ... just open 10 PP in a row and didn't open judt one single mystic or a MP. The 30% mystic rate is not correct I think it's ZERO! Or I just be on the wrong side of the table. But have some more crystal to open even more PP and if no mythic or better show up I don't pay amy real cash either. We will see. 
    Ouch, sorry to hear that! I know your frustration, since I had the same thing happen to me in the first Ravnica set.

I voiced my concern, but got shouted down here on the forum, because there is no proof of bad RNG.

I’m not saying it is ok or that you are wrong with this message. I’m just preparing you for the disappointment in the responses others will most likely send your way.

Edit - on discord there are plenty of players getting great pulls from this set, so sorry @IM_CARLOS you got hit by bad RNG.

2nd edit - I have gotten Ravager Worm in my fourth PP, so I can confirm that mythic is not zero %
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tremayne said:
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Ouch, sorry to hear that! I know your frustration, since I had the same thing happen to me in the first Ravnica set.

I voiced my concern, but got shouted down here on the forum, because there is no proof of bad RNG.

I’m not saying it is ok or that you are wrong with this message. I’m just preparing you for the disappointment in the responses others will most likely send your way.

Edit - on discord there are plenty of players getting great pulls from this set, so sorry @IM_CARLOS you got hit by bad RNG.

2nd edit - I have gotten Ravager Worm in my fourth PP, so I can confirm that mythic is not zero %
    Open 30 PP now, got me 5M (+2 dupe), 33R, and all UC/C. Now my hoarded crystals are nearly gone. Just hoarding for pw and next set. Have enough to craft "the rest", but doesn't feal great. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Open 30 PP now, got me 5M (+2 dupe), 33R, and all UC/C. Now my hoarded crystals are nearly gone. Just hoarding for pw and next set. Have enough to craft "the rest", but doesn't feal great. 
    That's not too bad.  Your rate puts you at about the 25th percentile of expectation with the given rates.  Not that's of any comfort for those who end up on the low end of the distribution.