Favorite Legends Store! (2/19/19)

Options

Comments

• SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Only got 1 5* out of 12 pulls but it's Thor!
    My first cover of him, added to roster.
    Hope i get some kitties before she leaves again.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm disappointed. I expected a "Favourites" store to contain Wasp, Banner, and Fatpin.

This is a huge letdown...
  • Warbeast_7
    Warbeast_7 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    32 pulls/4 5* covers. 2-okoye 1-kitty 1-thor
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's my pull results.

https://youtu.be/3KZ0JWu1-NA

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took a pull, got a P4nther. That’s almost like getting more Okoye I guess.
  • LukusDaniel
    LukusDaniel Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    Options
    PiMacleod said:
    Here's my pull results.
    This was depressing to watch. 
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2019
    Options
    bbigler said:
    I wasn't even in close to as good as a position as you, but I took the gamble and went to try for some Okoye black or Kitty yellow.  Ended up getting 6 Okoye, 2 Thor and 1 Kitty (yellow) out of 38 pulls.  Okoye is now 3/3/2 and very usable at my level without totally leveling my MMR.

I'd absolutely go for it.  Risk whatever you would earn over the next 2 months.  So if you earn say 60 pulls a month, then risk 120 pulls.  With your hoard you could go even bigger.  I always read that 300 pulls is the number.

9 x 5* covers out of 38 pulls is VERY lucky, being 23.7%. Your good luck can set an unrealistic expectation for someone else.  Their pull rate could be just half of that. 

That would be me.  26 pulls got me 2x kitty and 1x okoye (11.5%) .  Was looking to finish my 3/5/3 Thor.  

Don’t know why I expected this vault to be any different than the 11.39% pull rate I have for my last 79 pulls in LL.

Well, at least I didn’t go on a 28 4* streak like I did in the LL store.  That really would have sucked.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    45 pulls, 13 5*s.
    whoa. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty great 5* store.

While my stash was pretty small (11 pulls) and my Thor was maxcovered already, my Okoye was still at 2/5/5, and Kitty at 2/4/5 so I decided to go for it anyway.

Got 3 Kitties, unfortunately 2 more red so she's now at 2/5/7. Not really complaining, though, that puts her pretty close to finishing as well, besides I also received a Shuri cover, pushing her 1 more champ level toward the Okoye black cover reward (5 more levels to go!).

(Does Kitty have a feeder yet?)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well this is frustrating. As much as I'd like to potentially add some champ levels, I'm saving up CP for Carol's arrival.
    I dont understand this at all. Who has said Carol is going to be amazing? Who's said she's even going to be good? She could easily be mediocre. I dont understand why people would skip a store like this because they think Carol's going to be amazing. Theres just no reason to think that. 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Well this is frustrating. As much as I'd like to potentially add some champ levels, I'm saving up CP for Carol's arrival.
    I dont understand this at all. Who has said Carol is going to be amazing? Who's said she's even going to be good? She could easily be mediocre. I dont understand why people would skip a store like this because they think Carol's going to be amazing. Theres just no reason to think that. 
    And what don't you understand? I'm taking the exact same course of action as Dragon Nexus. My Okoye is lv458, Thor lv457, Kitty 2/2/2. I'm not spending a single CP in this store, largely because I'm waiting to spend it on Latests when Carol replaces Cable.

My Kitty is stuck at 2/2/2 because I made the choice to pass over her in favour of Doom. I blew my hoard when Doom replaced Kitty. The result is I currently have a 3/4/2 Doom, and am looking forward to completing him. Whereas i couldn't give a toss about Kitty, even though she's currently everywhere in PvP (and in most PvE, but that doesn't concern me). If it were not for R4G's immediate strike tiles, she'd be a decent 5*, nothing more.

That's the way I chose to allocate my resources, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just as there is nothing wrong with Dragon's or my decision to skip this store in favour of Carol. It has nothing to do with whether Carol is great or not; it's just how and where we choose to spend our resources. I'd rather divert my resources to getting Carol covered - regardless of how good she is - than use those resources to beef up Thorkoye and get more covers for Kitty.

That is what you need to understand.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I took a pull, got a P4nther. That’s almost like getting more Okoye I guess.
    I just noticed that I also got a blue Panther and now I can champ him. I guess I should do so for Wakanda's sake. Shame it is the 3* versions PvP.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I'm sitting on close to 1550 CP and 44 LL. I only started building this hoard a few weeks ago, deciding I'd finally take a run at fully covering at least one 5* when a good set comes again.

This is an awesome store, but 62 pulls may not really get me anywhere meaningful. My Thor is 4/2/1, Okoye 3/3/2, Kitty sadly 1/2/2. No chance at finishing any of them, I'd wager. At best I might snag a couple more yellow for Kitty, or red/yellow for Thor to balance him out. At worst I'd get a run on his green. 

What to do, what to do... Strongly leaning towards saving. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What no one has thought of yet is, that lots of people didn’t spend on Xmas sale since no amazon dd, so how to better get people spend their hoarded money than this store? I can only Imagine how buyers clubs are tingeling atm, and then imagine they bring out a meta carol and no one has a hoard anymore, buyers clubs tingeling even more. And third point is to even out the strength of the playerbase, since when everyone has champed oko/tho/kit, those who are willing to spend to be on top have to do just that
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great vault to be in the meta.

I will not jump in as my kitty has 1 cover, Okoye and Thor are champed. I don't need extra levels on Thor (I want Okoye to tank for him as much as possible). So let me have a look at Captain Marvel. And if she is not meta breaking - the next one, and one after that (while the hoard grows). My only problem now is lack of 4* covers for some of the newer ones - so I can't do the release events. That will be sorted to a degree when I get 350 pulls in the hoard and I will start pulling latest or classics. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a 1/4/5 Kitty, a 2/0/2 Thor, and a champed 461 Okoye.

I've got about 500 CP saved up and I'll be blowing it, as well as any more CP I can scrounge up before this store closes on Sunday, hoping to get Kitty covers. I know I can't fully-cover my Thor, but the devs like to put him in these special stores so I'll keep trying to slowly chip away at him as I can and I'm sure there'll be more opportunities in the future. More Okoye covers are always welcome as well.

But Kitty's the real goal here. I was going to wait until Sunday, but I had to make a pull. Just one pull. To scratch the itch, so to speak. And I got... Kitty yellow! That puts her at 2/4/5 and my sole 5-star BH.

I plan on sacrificing a goat tonight to honor whatever gods influence RNG, because with just a little luck I could finally get Kitty covered. RNG certainly didn't do me any favors when I blew my hoard before Kitty left latest three, giving me a fully-covered Cable and Fatpin instead. Maybe it'll be kind to me this time.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wish they had announced this sooner as I spent 250 on the okoye Black cover 

I’ll probably have enough for 4 pulls before it closes so maybe I’ll get lucky 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually spend CP in classics, and most of the time right when i have enough, so atm i don't even have enough for one pull, but considering the fact that all 3 are great i might divert from my usual routine. Will need a lot of luck though.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I usually spend CP in classics, and most of the time right when i have enough, so atm i don't even have enough for one pull, but considering the fact that all 3 are great i might divert from my usual routine. Will need a lot of luck though.
    Yeah, that's what I'm looking at, especially since Kitty left Latest when mine was at 5-1-5 with six saved covers.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I wish they had announced this sooner as I spent 250 on the okoye Black cover 

I’ll probably have enough for 4 pulls before it closes so maybe I’ll get lucky 
    Depending on how badly you need a black cover, it might still be a better deal to direct buy.

250 CP is 10 pulls at the favorites store.  That's an expected ~1.4  5* covers. Which, in turn, means a bit less than .5 expected okoye covers, and only ~ .16 expected okoye black covers. I think that means you need to spend about 250 x ~6.25 cp before your expected black okoye covers is >1.

So if you absolutely need at least one black okoye cover, then the math says a direct buy is the better option unless you are going to spend at least 1560 cp in the favorites store.

(Obviously, the variance is high when we are only talking about a few dozen pulls, and there are other considerations here, such as how much you need covers for Thor/kitty, but this math is fine starting point if okoye is your primary concern.)