Favorite Legends Store! (2/19/19)

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What if Okoye gets a nerf right after this? or Kitty?
    Not likely seeing as these 3 are very popular but thanos still has highest usage rates according to the devs.

I would see it more likely that they normalize the match damage across the 5* tier. Then see where that lands players usage.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The app update info on iOS says CM is coming 2/28.  Just something to consider as you pull.  
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did 24 pulls and able to champ my 5/1/5 Okoye.  Even if CM is the biggest and baddest ever, those 24 pulls were well worth (to me) being able to champ Okoye.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Being able to finish my 5/4/3 Kitty is definitely worth taking some pulls away from a possible new meta 5*.  A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.  Because I've lost the will to pull Latest since Kitty left, I've got a healthy stock of 537 CP (and growing) to work with.  I don't plan to spend it all, but I may have to.  The best case scenario is that my first pull is an Okoye with a BH for Kitty.  I can dream right?

EDIT: Plus........If the next 5* is great, I could pull around 350 Latest to cover them (before they leave), so sacrificing 20 - 30 pulls now won't make a big difference. 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I need some advice. I’m a 4* player, all but the limiteds & 2 most recent fully covered, with about a dozen champed and most of the rest at 209. I’m sitting on 700 CP and 96 LTs, with my most covered 5*s only halfway complete and all garbage tier (Archangel, Cap IW, and Black Widow). All my top tier 5*s have randomly gotten to just 2 covers.

My Thor is 2/0/0, Okoye 0/2/0, and Kitty 1/0/1. Clearly I won’t be champing any of them with 28 pulls, but do you bust your hoard to move them along or save it all and keep building for the future? What would you do? Mostly interested in hearing from those who have made or are making the 4-5 transition.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    What if Okoye gets a nerf right after this? or Kitty?
    Nerfs are always possible of course, but I don't think okoye is a great candidate, tbh. Okoye is awesome on offense, but much weaker for the ai, and by herself she is slow. That tends not to be the type of character that gets nerfed. 

Kitty is super strong on offense and defense, and doesn't have a great 5* pair right now (half DD is probably the best, and that is slow).  So she is limited by needing to play with grocket.  But the design of GED does suggest that they think she is a problem.  They might nerf her when a better 5* partner comes along.

Thor's passive is so good that I could see some changes to him.  Even something like a DD style self heal that makes it hard to keep him producing extra AP ad infinitum might effectively reduce his utility.

But what this store says to me more than anything is that Demi is trying to bleed some cp out of the players, presumably before announcing something that they think will drive additional revenue. This makes me think (contest to my own earlier caution on this topic) it's more likely that 5* marvel will be strong (or at least that Demi thinks she will).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I need some advice. I’m a 4* player, all but the limiteds & 2 most recent fully covered, with about a dozen champed and most of the rest at 209. I’m sitting on 700 CP and 96 LTs, with my most covered 5*s only halfway complete and all garbage tier (Archangel, Cap IW, and Black Widow). All my top tier 5*s have randomly gotten to just 2 covers.

My Thor is 2/0/0, Okoye 0/2/0, and Kitty 1/0/1. Clearly I won’t be champing any of them with 28 pulls, but do you bust your hoard to move them along or save it all and keep building for the future? What would you do? Mostly interested in hearing from those who have made or are making the 4-5 transition.
    Keep saving, see what Marvel looks like.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    :Yeah, this store just seems too good to be benevolent lol. That's why I kind of joked about a nerf.
  • bbigler
    Options
    :Yeah, this store just seems too good to be benevolent lol. That's why I kind of joked about a nerf.
    Thinking the same thing here. Too good to be true? Perhaps they do want to bleed off players CP before announcing a killer 5* which will drive spending. 
  • bbigler
    edited February 2019
    Options
    helix72 said:

I'm making the 4-5 transition by focusing on Latest. Classic 5*s are a lost cause for you and me. You can enter 5* play faster by hoarding for Latest meta breakers. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Already have all 3 champed. I'm sorely tempted to pull for levels, anyway. That said, I'll want CM+2, which means I'm going to need my hoard.

A handful of champ levels on albeit meta-defining characters vs. an easier path to champing 3 new 5* characters

Tough, but I'm going to save for Carol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did 120 pulls, got Kitty champed and boosted Okoye and Thor a fair bit. Still have 6K CP left for Captain Marvel. Trying to have the cake and eat it too...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    It's a trap.
    Which trap are you referring to?....
    Everyone spends their CP this week and then next week they announce the new meta breaking 5*Marvel?
    Or the buy clubs go nuts for this (adding more champ levels) but then the game shuts down next week?

:smiley:
    She won’t upset the current meta. They are a lot more conservative these days.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    But what this store says to me more than anything is that Demi is trying to bleed some cp out of the players, presumably before announcing something that they think will drive additional revenue. This makes me think (contest to my own earlier caution on this topic) it's more likely that 5* marvel will be strong (or at least that Demi thinks she will).
    Considering how much they overvalue board shake/shuffling, I'm thinking Carol will be slightly OP on paper, with one passive, buuuuuut, her 2 other powers will be in the 12-15AP range with board destruction and shuffling involved.  So, maybe a souped up Jubilation  ;)
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Feel like we could be overthinking this one, but who knows. Either way I think I'm hoarding for Doom, Marvel, +1.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    As a late tier 4* player (50 champed, rest at 209) with all my 5*s only having a few covers this seems like perfect vault for me and others in the same position.

I've got 250 LT's and 3200 CP saved for Carol. But opening 100+ tokens in this store seems like an ideal way to get the current big 3 a good way toward being champed (RNG please be kind).

If Carol is meta defining I just wait until its Carol + 2 more in the Latest Legends rather than KP/GED/Carol. That will be at least 2-3 months from now by which time I'll likely have 300 LT's and another 500+ CP saved.

Any reason for me not to do this?

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Did 120 pulls, got Kitty champed and boosted Okoye and Thor a fair bit. Still have 6K CP left for Captain Marvel. Trying to have the cake and eat it too...
    I think sitting on ~10k cp in mpq is the definition of having and eating cake. :)
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Blew a hoard of 525 on this, got 2 Okoye covers, the exact amount I needed to max cover her. I had previously soft-capped my 5*s at 390, and had okoye at 405, but this may be the impetus I needed to start champing my 5*s.

So overall, worth it for me.
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is the best announcement in months.  My 5/4/3 Okoye, 2/5/3 Thor, and 2/1/4 Kitty are excited.  I've got 765 cp saved up.  I'll wait to open up with my son tonight.  I have no champed 5's so far, so hopefull,y I can champ Okoye, maybe Thor, and get Kitty close to feeder range.

(However, if RNG is unkind this just might be the day I give up on MPQ.)
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hmmm.

My Thor is FAR from usefulness at 2/1/1

My Okoye is fine, if slightly imbalanced, at 4/0/2

And my Kitty is frustratingly 5/1/5

Should I risk the 700-800 CP I have at this offer? I'd love to get some more purple for Kitty and maybe make Okoye more useful, but with where I am, I might be better off waiting for a good batch of LLs.