Connection Problems

12346»

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strange, I was in 5.8, finished 4th, wasn't affected by the connection issues, and also got 2 LT, 4* Fist and 50 HP.
    Not complaining, just bemused.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Iron Fist cover with the iso and hp. Thank you Demiurge. 
  • Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Finished top 100 in scl 9 and got a 3 cyc cover and 1000 iso and riso. Others in my alliance (playing lower cl's) got LTs...what gives?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, these compensations don't make sense when compared to other people.  I got the Hobofist, HP and ISO.  I finished top 100 in SCL 8.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes!  Very glad they looked at this again and they took care of us.  Very happy about this.  
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    bbigler said:
    Agreed, these compensations don't make sense when compared to other people.  I got the Hobofist, HP and ISO.  I finished top 100 in SCL 8.
    Top 20 got the LTs. So it does make sense.
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Mrcl25 said:
    Dogface said:
    Apparently it differs with SCL. I got one Fist cover, 1000 iso and 25 HP. (SCL7)
    I got the same and was playing SCL9. My wife was on SCL 8 and also didn't win the Latest tokens. Others in my alliance were playing SCL 7 and got the two LTs... why is that @Brigby ?
    I think it was looking at placement (top 20?) rather than SCL. I got 6th place (on SCL 7) and got the LTs.

It might be, but doesn't seem fair... if I was on SCL7 I would be top 5
  • Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    bbigler said:

I don't think it makes sense to give the same rewards for the same placement in different SCLs... after all higher SCLs have better rewards...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mrcl25 said:
    bbigler said:

I don't think it makes sense to give the same rewards for the same placement in different SCLs... after all higher SCLs have better rewards...
    You have no  guarantee of getting the same placement in different SL.  It is all about the players you are against. This  compensation makes sense for where you ended.  They normally do not do this but this time they did because it really hurt S1 PVE guys and gals. If you were not in S1 PVE then this is just a bonus. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I'll be doing a formal announcement post with full details, but all players were awarded items based on rank; SCL did not matter. 
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    So the people who still managed to do better were compensated better? But the people who didn't got less? That seems backwards

Meanwhile, the outage occurred during pvp end time for S1. So anyone in that shard couldn't play and were given equal compensation to people who weren't even trying to play... and that's fair???
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thanks! I got a Fist cover, iso and HP. I honestly wasn't expecting any compensation, these things happen after all, this was a nice gesture.
    "These things happen" - true, but consider you're putting in 14-21 hours for a 7 day event, and the outage happened quite late in the event.

I think the compensation was appropriate and warranted.

Sure, it's appreciated.

But at some point, you have to consider whether the game's management recognizes the investment players make in a game.  Not to be too demanding, but the game is what it is.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for tokens.  Was 14th.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Jathro said:
    So the people who still managed to do better were compensated better? But the people who didn't got less? That seems backwards

Meanwhile, the outage occurred during pvp end time for S1. So anyone in that shard couldn't play and were given equal compensation to people who weren't even trying to play... and that's fair???
    I think I understand the criticism.  But as I see it, when you're looking for a particular 4* cover to champion a 4*, or just throwing another 4* cover on an already championed 4*, it's less a question of did you earn something and someone else *couldn't* earn it, and more a question of whether or not the placement prize you were fighting for would have helped your personal roster development.

So in that sense, if some additional players got additional rewards, well, that's as it goes.  The players that got high scores in spite of server outages still put the time in, and the rewards they earned shouldn't be taken away from them.

And in the meantime?  The players that were in the running to fight for a particular 4* cover still get that cover (and possibly tokens and iso and hp) to help their development.  Sure, you could say maybe so many players got benefits they didn't earn.  But as I see it, MPQ's more about personal progress and personal roster development than a player being hurt because someone else happened to get additional rewards (again, even if the servers were down, the players that earned high placement *earned* their rewards).

As to players that "couldn't even play" - different players have different schedules.  The server outage could well have affected players that had to play during the server outage, even if they weren't in S1.  So yes, I think it's fair.  I think it's right.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Thanks! I got a Fist cover, iso and HP. I honestly wasn't expecting any compensation, these things happen after all, this was a nice gesture.
    "These things happen" - true, but consider you're putting in 14-21 hours for a 7 day event, and the outage happened quite late in the event.

I think the compensation was appropriate and warranted.

Sure, it's appreciated.

But at some point, you have to consider whether the game's management recognizes the investment players make in a game.  Not to be too demanding, but the game is what it is.

I definitely got screwed in PVP. I had been counting on the New Year's Day time to finish Angel's progression. So I think we agree that it was fair if unexpected?
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Appreciate the HoboFist cover and additional ISO.