Connection Problems

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well as I don't have an MPQ to complete now I have orders from my very own head of SHIELD to go bath the dog. And no that isn't secret code for doing something fun. Curse you D3/Demi!!!!!
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    One of my iPhones works and another doesn't - try alternative devices if you can, if you need to clear.
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    No UK access. Tried other devices I.e Pigeon, St Bernsrd, Semaphore, Morse code all unsuccessful.Shucks there goes placement in PVE, probably get a Heroic token as compensation. WOW
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, there goes Placement.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well thats just brilliant. In slice 1, cant do my final clears. Yep, perfect timing in the middle of a week long event. Brilliant guys. 
  • Nick441234
    We better get fairly compensated for this. I dont grind my **** off for a week for this type of nonsense. I was on pace for 2nd place at least. 
  • Bowgentle
    edited January 2019
    We better get fairly compensated for this. I dont grind my tinykitty off for a week for this type of nonsense. I was on pace for 2nd place at least. 
    You'll get a token, 100 hp and 2k ISO, and you know it.
    I was on track for t5 in 1.9 and I expect absolutely nothing for compensation.
  • darkangel333
    darkangel333 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    I can't get online either. Keeps saying to check internet connection for the last hour and a half. 

• Nick441234
    Bowgentle said:
    We better get fairly compensated for this. I dont grind my tinykitty off for a week for this type of nonsense. I was on pace for 2nd place at least. 
    Why should you expect nothing? Its a week long event, we've put in many hours to get where we are. This isn't a 2 or 3 day event. Its a 7 day event! They should take into account placing prior to the server going down and hand out rewards accordingly. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle said:
    Why should you expect nothing? Its a week long event, we've put in many hours to get where we are. This isn't a 2 or 3 day event. Its a 7 day event! They should take into account placing prior to the server going down and hand out rewards accordingly. 
    If they take placement into account, early grinders win.
  • Nick441234
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I mean prior to the start of the day where the servers went down. They should basically use the placement positions from the end of day 4. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    May as well do the data push for loki to leave while your at it.  :p 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    I mean prior to the start of the day where the servers went down. They should basically use the placement positions from the end of day 4. 
    They're not going to do that, they never compensate for theoretical placement.
    You might have had a stroke, or overslept your clears.
  • Welforj1
    Welforj1 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Seems to be back up in the UK. 10 mins left on scl9, don't think I'll get anything now.
  • Nick441234
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    They're not going to do that, they never compensate for theoretical placement.
    You might have had a stroke, or overslept your clears.
    After 4 days of an event, the people at the top are pretty much the ones who are going to finish there. Unless they muck up their clears, which is hugely unlikely, no one from outside the top 10 is going to gatecrash that party. 
  • Bowgentle
    While I understand that people are upset about not being able to do their clears and while I think there should be a compensation, some of the comments here are absolutely disgusting.
    people are acting like devs are doing that stunt on purpose. Well, of course there might only be a small squad looking into the problem atm, making the fixing slower, but damn, they are people too and have the damn right to celebrate Christmas and NY with their families as much as you do! Additionally, to fix a problem you have to find its cause, may it be something so obvious as a drunkard driving into your server farm building after NYE or something so small as an overflowing puffer, doesn’t matter, it takes time. If you’re lucky, you fix it first try, if not than not, period. That’s no damn reason to get insulting on the IT team, I can imagine they do their best and keep in mind they are already up trying to fix while you still might lay in your beds with a serious hangover.

so enough ranting, happy new year to all of you, I hope everything works out
    If this was the first, second, or even fifth screw up, sure.
    After their 30th that excuse doesn't fly anymore.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 96 Match Maker
    yay is back again
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    While I understand that people are upset about not being able to do their clears and while I think there should be a compensation, some of the comments here are absolutely disgusting.
    people are acting like devs are doing that stunt on purpose. Well, of course there might only be a small squad looking into the problem atm, making the fixing slower, but damn, they are people too and have the damn right to celebrate Christmas and NY with their families as much as you do! Additionally, to fix a problem you have to find its cause, may it be something so obvious as a drunkard driving into your server farm building after NYE or something so small as an overflowing puffer, doesn’t matter, it takes time. If you’re lucky, you fix it first try, if not than not, period. That’s no damn reason to get insulting on the IT team, I can imagine they do their best and keep in mind they are already up trying to fix while you still might lay in your beds with a serious hangover.

If this was the first, second, or even fifth screw up, sure.
    After their 30th that excuse doesn't fly anymore.
    It might not be an excuse, still no reason for some people to go below the waistline
  • Nick441234
    edited January 2019

I've certainly not said anything about them doing it on purpose. I just want adequate compensation for the downtime. Its a 7 day event, which also took place over the Christmas period. A lot of time has been put into my placing, where I was 2nd after day 4. I'm going to be in a fight to finish top 10 now. Thats hardly fair.