Server Maintenance at 11:00 am EDT, 5/16/2014

Options
12346»

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Servers are up for some people, but not others. So some of us are losing points while others are feasting away. Why the devs didn't take the entire game offline when they saw that there was a major connectivity problem for many users is a major mystery.

Completely agree. Way to punt this one D3. This is just all screwed up.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Half of the people who were shielded in the top 10 of HM, aren't now. Obviously they got affected too. Really makes me just want to give up as its just not fair if I have access, but they don't.

Honestly, I think they should just restart HM and Daken once they fix the server issues finally. HM has been nothing but riddled with issues from the beginning.

But resetting the events would mean refunding all that lost HP spent on shields. Heaven forbid they do that!
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Half of the people who were shielded in the top 10 of HM, aren't now. Obviously they got affected too. Really makes me just want to give up as its just not fair if I have access, but they don't.

Honestly, I think they should just restart HM and Daken once they fix the server issues finally. HM has been nothing but riddled with issues from the beginning.

But resetting the events would mean refunding all that lost HP spent on shields. Heaven forbid they do that!

ohh... yeah, I forgot about that! Oh no! They may have to pay for the mishap. I can think of countless companies that do when things go south like this.

oh...and nevermind, now i can't login again. Crazy game.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So there are 200+ users (and guests) online right now. There is like practically nothing on Facebook or Twitter from users. Use the social media.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What tinykitty genius decided that they were going to do *piecemeal* server maintenance on a game like this instead of taking the whole damn thing offline at once and then extending the various events by 3 hours?
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Up long enough to complete a mission and get daily resupply and then back down again icon_cry.gif

They really shouldn't being the servers online until EVERYTHING is working 100%.

I think I'm gonna just go watch a movie or something. Grrrr!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    They were up for a minute. Just a teaser. Working long enough for two matches and back down they went
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    What tinykitty genius decided that they were going to do *piecemeal* server maintenance on a game like this instead of taking the whole damn thing offline at once and then extending the various events by 3 hours?

End an event at a time more convenient for European players? Turn in your badge you're through mister
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    I have a phone with 4g, game seems to work without a hitch - even Facebook login is working.
    I have a tablet on the wifi, it is completely hosed. Facebook does not work, events not showing up, etc.

I am not sure how to explain this other than point of connection appears to make a difference? Absolutely baffling. And yes, people are definitely playing and points are flying. For those who cannot log in and losing shields this is an absolute clusterfark. They would need to give out HPs in spades to placate folks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nice post!
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    I would also like to thank d3p for not only scheduling the downtime at a time when many players have scheduled their lunch breaks, but notifying us a generous 15 minutes beforehand
    Lunch break where? The world is round and features 24 separate Lunch Break zones. Unlucky it happens to occur during your Lunch Break zone eh?