Server Maintenance at 11:00 am EDT, 5/16/2014

Options

Comments

• reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shield now expiring and I can't see any events. My alliance mates are getting hit left and right. There go our bracket leads.

Brilliant job, devs. Just brilliant. Glad we spent an entire season fighting for these leads that you just destroyed in two hours.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Brilliant job, devs. Just brilliant. Glad we spent an entire season fighting for these leads that you just destroyed in two hours.

No worries, reckless. You get 2.5 more days to get it back icon_e_wink.gif Not only do you get more time but you get to have the season end on a weekday at noon eastern time. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    They must be getting awfully close to the "mythical $1 ARPDAU" at this point...

I look forward to te inevitable developer blog on how well they handled the last couple days and the impact on their KPI and monetization strategies.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They couldn't have twisted the knife worse than extending the end time. That's pretty much "I know we screwed up; let's make it worse."
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shield now expiring and I can't see any events. My alliance mates are getting hit left and right. There go our bracket leads.

I couldn't agree with you more. Wow. Just when we thought it was bad enough, it just keeps piling on.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    What baffles me is that they didn't expect this to happen and prepare for it ahead of time.

Servers always see heavy traffic at the end of large events like Season 1 ending. Did they just assume what they had in place would remain stable until the end? You know what they say about people who assume...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did they provide and ETA on the servers being back up? Could not find it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    REPENT! Repent I say!
    Fellow players this is our punishment for complaining about the recent changes the devs have put in place! You have angered them! A Great Plague you have brought upon this forum! The almighty Dev giveth and taketh away! Quick we must sacrifice a great player to appease them and assuage their anger!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't you just turn off those servers completely when they are obviously not working instead of just letting shields expire and giving the impression to be able to play but not knowing what goes through and what not?
    You know, like almost every other game does it? Unreachable servers during maintenance?
    This is really turning into a comedy of errors.
  • daveomite
    Options
    OldTimer wrote:

Well...they said it was going down at 11am, but I'm not sure that it did. I'm east coast, and it's 2:20 here, and the server went down in the last hour. So, wonder if their server shutdown was just delayed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What the shell?! My alliance chat was freezed (again!), I reloaded this stupid game and now I don't have anything...
    I NEED this red Rags cover and gloomy tinykittards from D3 may put back their apologies and Season 1 extends in their kindergarten math book! My servers down is much more then announced 20 minutes...
  • Unknown
    Options
    They seem to have been down for a while now. I can't play anything, and my shield is about to run out. Really nice, devs, thanks for that.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Can't you just turn off those servers completely when they are obviously not working instead of just letting shields expire and giving the impression to be able to play but not knowing what goes through and what not?
    You know, like almost every other game does it? Unreachable servers during maintenance?
    This is really turning into a comedy of errors.

you would think they could do that...makes perfectly logical sense.

same exact thing happened to me last night. Was in the game, worked my way up HM, then tried to shield, couldn't purchase one due to an error. Shut game down, couldn't login again...but was getting attacked again and again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wonder if the problems are due to the next PvE they were going to release today at 3pm est. Maybe we were finally geting episode 4.5 but it's riddled with bugs and brought the server down.

Although, server load is probably more likely the issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    OldTimer wrote:

Well...they said it was going down at 11am, but I'm not sure that it did. I'm east coast, and it's 2:20 here, and the server went down in the last hour. So, wonder if their server shutdown was just delayed.

There was another announcement, servers were up but went down again shortly. Meanwhile I can't connect at all, but got a notification maybe an hour ago on phone that I was attacked in daken
  • Unknown
    Options
    Somewhere, Loki is laughing his horned helmet off.

"Not worth leveling up, they said. His powers are lame, they said. Bwahahaha, how's this for trickery and illusion, mortals!"
  • daveomite
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    OldTimer wrote:

There was another announcement, servers were up but went down again shortly. Meanwhile I can't connect at all, but got a notification maybe an hour ago on phone that I was attacked in daken

sounds about right. Well.... not right. More like completely fubared.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Seems to back up now....go shield!!!
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Servers are up for some people, but not others. So some of us are losing points while others are feasting away. Why the devs didn't take the entire game offline when they saw that there was a major connectivity problem for many users is a major mystery.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Half of the people who were shielded in the top 10 of HM, aren't now. Obviously they got affected too. Really makes me just want to give up as its just not fair if I have access, but they don't.

Honestly, I think they should just restart HM and Daken once they fix the server issues finally. HM has been nothing but riddled with issues from the beginning.