Server Maintenance at 11:00 am EDT, 5/16/2014

Options

Comments

• Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    SamBC wrote:
    You couldn't have posted this in-game, so we didn't get caught with our shields down? Who do I talk to when I miss it going back up and lose all my Heavy Metal points because my shields were down when maintenance started?

It's an emergency damnit! There is no way any more warning could be given without DIRE repercussions!

On a separate note every time i've ever spoken to D3's customer service and they have been completely useless til I complain more at them they always thank me for my patience. I didn't realise I was such a patient person THEN I realised... "thank you for your patience" REALLY means "We are deeply incompetent but are not allowed to say sorry so please accept my heartfelt apologies". Since I worked that coded message out customer service replies and dev posts in general have irritated me a lot less icon_mrgreen.gif

I've worked in customer service for almost 15 years, starting as an agent taking calls and moving to management. I can say without hesitation that NO ONE should ever prevent their agents from saying 'sorry'. Acknowledgment that they screwed up is the one thing we're all looking for. I think everyone understands that problems will come up, but the lack of culpability and ownership from D3 is staggering. And, it seems to be getting worse every day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    Devils advocate: what if they have NO IDEA what's causing it, can't post in game, and don't want to simply post "no idea what's going on guys, sorry"? I admit, there should be some acknowledgement, but they are typically pretty good with communication...after the fact. Keep in mind these are software developers not marketers.

You can always post in-game, it starts with the announcement page and any text can be put there simply, including a note about problems ongoing and investigation, etc.

Also a post to announcement forums can hardly be blocked for them if we can add posts here. It's just a matter ow will and culture.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I havent been able to start the game for over 3 hours so this isnt any different. Wonder if you can no longer open the game without r53 and its still not on android.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, I was checking in-game every so often, at least as long as I could, and I got a notification that I'd been attacked (thankfully I won), so I stuck the shield up then. Is it back up properly now, or can we expect it to bounce up and down?
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    I work at a Service company. The single most common complaint we receive from our clients on our feedback forms is that "We know exactly when there's a problem with the project because we stop hearing from you". In contrast they say that our competitors actually increase their level of communication as they work through a problem. It is currently a focus area within our company to improve this perception.

Just sayin'.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it just me or the server has not been down....?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So are we all going to be compensated for this mistake? HP, rare character, ISO? The PvE was messed up, lightning rounds were missed out on and now there is potential to miss out on crucial points for season 1. Now was my time to grind to get to 1000 and shield, but seeing as it's down for a few hours I won't be able to play again, giving me a **** score of around 600 for Heavy Metal. I'm in a competitive alliance and this ultimately affects my team-mates. I've spent a good amount of money and time (as I'm sure everyone else has) and this is how we are repaid? Silence. I work in a customer service role, if something is wrong, I don't just sit there in silence when a customer complains, if I don't know the problem, I make something feasible up in order to calm the customer down until I can investigate further and rectify the problem.

Absolute joke!
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Honestly, first the entire event gets screwed point wise, top 10 both events and grind every node to 1 shouldn't be top 75, second, they don't even give out the awards for more then 24, soon to be 36, hours, and finally, they just decide to not even post apologizing to their player base for the delays, or even for the blatant disregard concerning, what I'm sure is, numerous posts all targeted towards the missing awards and silent treatment.

Out of interest, did you grind the nodes in main one time or 3 times like the others?

3 times on all of them. First place had a lvl 40 for his max character.
  • Unknown
    Options

Same here. I'm in Europe on Android. No outage I noticed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they had said something earlier they also might not have been hit with, what, fifty thousand or so bug tickets simultaneously since everyone wanted to get in something when no word came down. Even a "we know what the problem is and we're working on it; don't worry you'll get your prizes" would have probably prevented me from sending in a ticket, plus the other two I accidentally sent (one that I tried to send in March and forgot about) when I realized I hadn't updated a password on my tablet and finally fixed it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The events tab is empty now. You know what could be showing up in that tab, instead of a big empty yellow space (I'm on steam) - some notification about the scheduled server maintenance. You know, for all those 95% of the players who'll never check the forums and likely don't even know they exist.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Dslyexic wrote:
    Honestly, first the entire event gets screwed point wise, top 10 both events and grind every node to 1 shouldn't be top 75, second, they don't even give out the awards for more then 24, soon to be 36, hours, and finally, they just decide to not even post apologizing to their player base for the delays, or even for the blatant disregard concerning, what I'm sure is, numerous posts all targeted towards the missing awards and silent treatment.

Out of interest, did you grind the nodes in main one time or 3 times like the others?
    To put another perspective ...

Beggining (15%) of 2nd sub: I was at 996 in main ranking
    Mid 2nd sub: grinding 2 times put me on top of sub bracket by 2000 points over 2nd and below 600 in main
    End 2nd sub (last 1%): top of sub by more than 1000 points over 2nd and 411 in main I think
    First grind of main nodes: reached the top 150 mark
    2nd grind: near top 50
    3rd grind in the last hour: finished 11th with some points still on the table, a single fight with lvl 295 Daken gave me more than 200 points and put me 6th but was exhausted and didnt have much time also

It worked for me.
  • Unknown
    Options

Same here. I'm in Europe on Android. No outage I noticed.

US here. No downage. People going to be pissed when they log on and have been attacked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am being attacked right now. Thought the Server was suppose to be going down. I love how dishonest this company is proving to be. What a slap in the face.
  • Unknown
    Options
    server is up for me. this is some kinda kitty...

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yup server is still up for me too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So obviously this emergency maintenance was to put that lazy daken event
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    server is up for me. this is some kinda kitty...

marc

Yeah, this is pretty bad communication on D3's part. I put up a 3 hour shield since I ran out of Healthpacks right before server went down. Worked out a little bit come back and read this. Go back in the game, lost 40 points WHILE shielded, and blocked 3 more attacks. Server must've been whacked or something to be attacked after I shield. On top of that, a Daken PVP event and FATHOR covers while the servers are bonkers.

I supported D3 when they first started and bought quite a few Stark Salary's, and the game was quite enjoyable. This is just a flat out slap in the face. Not giving them any more money for a LONG time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think it was down for about 20 minutes, from 11:10 am EDT ish. I know there was something up, because it wouldn't let me shield.

I see they still haven't posted to say it's back up, or to mention the new PVP that's appeared.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Back down... and some Daken tournament just started!