MPQ Winter Holidays Celebration! *Updated (12/31/18)

Options

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 588 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really?!
    Will this be the end of Norman Osborn's Dark Reign?

Is no one else curious about this?
    Are we finally moving away from the dark avengers being the only baddies we fight?!
    My thoughts immediately jumped to that too... Would love to see more variety. Here's to hoping!
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Doctor Octopus (Classic) - Character Rework
    Stay tuned for full rework details! 
    A character rework after a looong time?!? Thank you sir, I am really glad to see this. Please, just don't forget some 3*s and 4*s who could see some love too!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really?!

Are we finally moving away from the dark avengers being the only baddies we fight?!
    My thoughts immediately jumped to that too... Would love to see more variety. Here's to hoping!
    I assumed that was just reference to us battling Sinister 6, but would be very nice if you would be right.. :-)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was in middle school in the early-mid eighties, I was irrationally obsessed with collecting Ghost Rider appearances, and so I had the first (only?) issue of Marvel Tails, which introduced Spider-Ham, Captain Americat, Hulk-Bunny, and of course Goose Rider.  I chuckled over that comic for ages, so I'm pleased as punch that Spider-Ham is coming to MPQ.

But we REALLY need to have Goose Rider in the game now, summoning the demons of Heck.  That's the best power ever.  HONK!
    @Heartbreaksoup

If you have Marvel Unlimited, they just posted that issue along w/issues 1-5 of Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham...

Peter Porker may or may not be one of my SSID on my network ;)

Quack before Ducktor Doom  B) !!!! (also can we get a "classic" costume so Spider-Ham looks like this instead of the Into the Spider-verse version... ugh)

Related image
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    This Spider-Ham release has "Naughty List" written all over it.

I cannot express myself further without triggering a word filter.

At least you delivered the disappointment two weeks in advance so we know not to get our hopes up. (seriously, new Sinister 600 event, Spider-Verse tie-ins, you finally are trying to fix busted 5's, and then, what, decided you needed to balance the scales by doing everything in your power to make the Spider-Ham release miserable? so people will feel compelled to compete for a Limited character during Christmas, the one damn time of the year they shouldn't be playing this game?)
    Meh, not everyone celebrates Christmas. I know that may be shocking. The world is an amazingly diverse place. Not even all Christian's celebrate Christmas.

So why should this time of the year be the one time players shouldn't play?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really?!

I was definitely wondering if there was something here; it seemed like such deliberate wording.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

At least you delivered the disappointment two weeks in advance so we know not to get our hopes up. (seriously, new Sinister 600 event, Spider-Verse tie-ins, you finally are trying to fix busted 5's, and then, what, decided you needed to balance the scales by doing everything in your power to make the Spider-Ham release miserable? so people will feel compelled to compete for a Limited character during Christmas, the one damn time of the year they shouldn't be playing this game?)
    Meh, not everyone celebrates Christmas. I know that may be shocking. The world is an amazingly diverse place. Not even all Christian's celebrate Christmas.

I agree with your sentiment, but one could argue if the devs aren't in the office, then maybe we shouldn't have to play a new event without any dev support.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They've always moved new releases to coincide with Christmas. The entire time I've been playing the game, they've done it. They basically feed on knowing that there are people who play this game that must have all the characters rostered so try to make it as inconvenient to everyone as they possibly can. You just get used to it though. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    They've always moved new releases to coincide with Christmas. The entire time I've been playing the game, they've done it. They basically feed on knowing that there are people who play this game that must have all the characters rostered so try to make it as inconvenient to everyone as they possibly can. You just get used to it though. 
    Last year Christmas was a Monday. In 2016, Christmas was a Sunday. ‘15, a Friday. ‘14, a Thursday.  All normal new release weekend days.

They want the most people possible to get a new 4* cover so you feel like you have to roster them, and hopefully buy a slot.  They’d probably like to give them to literally everyone, but then no one would value them as much.  
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of my guys that Loves to use Doc Ock, some might know who he is, HATES this buff.  In his words it makes it sound like it will take away some of his usefulness that he found with him.  Yes he isn’t OP and in fact lower tier but for some reason loves him.  
    He's probably right, if you love how he plays now, this "buff" changes a lot of how he plays (for the better/worse? not sure)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happy wintertime, everyone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWR-iU7WEU
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I hate to be that guy... BUT.... is......

Spider-Ham, Taskmaster / Devil Dino limited.. or Howard the Duck limited????

I only ask because with the “new” sinister 600 event they could make him a reward every 2 - 3 months like Howard is for webbed wonder
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I only ask because with the “new” sinister 600 event they could make him a reward every 2 - 3 months like Howard is for webbed wonder
    Brigby answered earlier:

Brigby is this new limited Spiderham character Howard type limited or Devil Dino type limited? Will he be tied to a specific event or to Xmas in general? May we please know more about this?

Brigby:
    I've been told that Spider-Ham will be more along the lines of being a "Howard-type" Limited character.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Brigby said he's more like Howard so yeah this will probably just be a four day Webbed Wonder type of event but for alliances.
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Lots of characters to release... but they choose a dupe and a joke... 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

Not that it matters but the Devs surely aren’t working that day so why have a new release then.. just to play devils advocate.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

Not that it matters but the Devs surely aren’t working that day so why have a new release then.. just to play devils advocate.
    Who knows. It's too easy to get confused or upset when we try and logic out patterns of dev thinking. It seems we as players put more thought into the timing and usefulness of the game then the devs do. But that's probably just confirmation bias.

I'm actually kinda ok with their not being a set in stone way to do things for them. Players get locked into a certain expectation of behavior from the devs and often get irritated when they do not follow "the pattern".

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:

Who knows. It's too easy to get confused or upset when we try and logic out patterns of dev thinking. It seems we as players put more thought into the timing and usefulness of the game then the devs do. But that's probably just confirmation bias.

Thats cause the devs dont play their game so dont understand how much time we as players actually spend on it each day. Its not a 2 minute hobby.