R166 Release Notes *Updated (11/21/18)

1235»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    bluewolf said:
    At least one person had gotten the Bishop cover, played the node when the mystery character was active, did not get that cover and complained to CS and got ANOTHER Bishop cover. 

Others who hadn’t played the cover node and got the xxxxxxx cover will keep it as it would be an even trade.

Personally, I think I’d rather have more Bishop’s than Xxxxx covers....
    See, I didn't know if it was a glitch such that people who had already gotten a Bishop cover *also* got a cover for the mystery character or not.

Sounds like it was one or the other? If you had already completed the training for a Bishop cover, you were prevented from getting a cover for mystery character. If you got the cover for mystery character, you weren't able to get a Bishop cover later? 

Pretty much yeah. The cover reward in the bottom right node in SHIELD training changed from Bishop to Voldemort, so if you had not yet gotten Bishop you could play the node then and get a Voldemort cover instead. If you already got the Bishop cover you wouldn't get a new cover though as you already got the reward from that node.

The worst part was really that the solo missions changed to require Voldemort instead of Bishop, that annoyed quite a few people who hadn't finished them yet.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing Voldemort is getting announced tomorrow and released Thursday?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Nah.  They might wait until Wednesday and make it a big secret even though it’s all out there.  
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Nah.  They might wait until Wednesday and make it a big secret even though it’s all out there.  

Yeah, typically the new character announcements come Wednesday.  Regarding the node, I had already obtained my Bishop cover and the node was locked out normally - I peeked at it during the "error time," and saw that the reward was changed but the Mission was listed as "unavailable."  I doubt anyone had gotten two covers for it.  I suppose someone could have gotten a Voldemort cover, complained to CS, and then gotten a Bishop cover but I strongly suspect CS would have made them delete the Voldemort cover before they'd send them a Bishop - that's how they used to do 5* cover swaps.

Incidentally, I love referring to the new character as "Voldemort."

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said:
    Anon said:

Yeah, typically the new character announcements come Wednesday.  Regarding the node, I had already obtained my Bishop cover and the node was locked out normally - I peeked at it during the "error time," and saw that the reward was changed but the Mission was listed as "unavailable."  I doubt anyone had gotten two covers for it.  I suppose someone could have gotten a Voldemort cover, complained to CS, and then gotten a Bishop cover but I strongly suspect CS would have made them delete the Voldemort cover before they'd send them a Bishop - that's how they used to do 5* cover swaps.

Incidentally, I love referring to the new character as "Voldemort."

I think this should be the new thing.  Voldemort for all new ones. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Drat.  I missed the bug and now I can't even find speculation on the clue.
    Predicting the character is not that hard. Reading posts here won't be very helpful though, kinda. On Thursday the mysterious trooper will be released anyway. Want to know really badly? Let's just say that the game holds the answer. Either find out in some days, or find out sooner with a bit of luck. Really not sure if saying this will get my post deleted, though.
    And now that we all know that Prowler is the newest release, why don't ya'll take the first letter of the first word of each sentence in my post here and put them all together *wink wink nudge nudge*
    Edward Nigma?
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
     B) next character will be 5* Dazzler so that's easy to spot
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder what the next clue will be. R167 should be tomorrow, so not a long wait, but the sneek peaks aren’t sneek peaking anymore if they are the same day. Should probably be Into the Spiderverse related, so let’s see:
    Spider Ham: “Simpsons weren’t first!” (But we’re due a 5*, so please no)
    Noir: “A walk in the dark” (Again, due a 5*, and he’s a Peter Parker, so no go)
    Peni Parker (SP//dr): “A new type of hero” (Newtypes were a Gundam thing, so Gundam, mecha, spider mech, you get the picture)
    Spider Gwen (Ghost Spider): “Rocking a new look.” (Because drummer)
    Miles Morales (Spiderverse): “I refuse to call him Kid Arachnid because it’s stupid and awkward.” (...This hint needs work.)
    Kingpin (um... Classic or Spiderverse?): “It’s all muscle.” (How can it all be muscle!?)
    Scorpion: “Wear something that doesn’t make you a cannibal” (This needs work too, but I’m ttired of 1* Venom being the only Mac Gargan.)
    and
    2099: “Not now, but later” (Since he doesn’t seem to be in the upcoming movie, but I still want him added and he’s from later in time)
    Any other suggestions?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

As always, my suggestion is to keep posting outlandish suggestions, and monitor the thread.  Whichever gets redacted or removed is obviously the right guess.

I'll go for 5* Killraven.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018

As always, my suggestion is to keep posting outlandish suggestions, and monitor the thread.  Whichever gets redacted or removed is obviously the right guess.

I'll go for 5* Killraven.

Now that you mention it, Scarlet Spider isn’t in my suggestions! Wow!

Now, it wasn’t deleted. I just wasn’t interested in a Spidey clone who is literally a Spidey clone. Paste Pot Pete on the other hand...

Edit: R167 is up and didn’t crash my game. Opening has Gamora, Goblin, and Deadpool. Hmmmmmmm. Green, green, red seems unbalanced. Needs more... red. No. NO! It will be Scarlet Spider! Aaahhhhhh! (Waiting on that clue now.)