R166 Release Notes *Updated (11/21/18)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really absurd to me that the game is now promoting the forum but if you go to the forum to talk about something that you saw in the game then you're not allowed to. Just announce the character. It's not like you have to post the event details where you can get them until it's closer to their release.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    If the higher management doesn't give the green light, there's nothing that they can do. I doubt anyone here would override their managers' or directors' decisions or do something without getting the higher-ups' approvals in real life, with the exception of some professions.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    the only reason I can think of for deleting all posts related to the new character is that maybe there is a contractual reason for it 

does D3 have to wait for marvel to sanction the right to talk about it in forums and on the game itself 

if thats not the reason then I really don’t understand why the mods feel the need for a cover up of a character that will be announced in about a week 

anyway, it was nice to get a quick go at using the new character, can’t wait for its actual release 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume someone is getting fired for this mixup. Seems to be a big deal.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Guess that leaves us with a single coder.
    Great.

• Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    So i wonder how many people got the mistery 4* cover from shield training?  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

Guess that leaves us with a single coder.
    Great.

Are you sure they have a coder?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    Treras said:
    Maybe that could be the next forum contest?  An ally mate got one.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Treras said:
    Did they get to keep it?
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2018
    So next character is "He that shall not be named"?

Voldemort confirmed
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Drat.  I missed the bug and now I can't even find speculation on the clue.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf said:
    Treras said:
    Did they get to keep it?
    Yes.
  • Zirtak_the_Second
    Zirtak_the_Second Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Drat.  I missed the bug and now I can't even find speculation on the clue.
    Predicting the character is not that hard. Reading posts here won't be very helpful though, kinda. On Thursday the mysterious trooper will be released anyway. Want to know really badly? Let's just say that the game holds the answer. Either find out in some days, or find out sooner with a bit of luck. Really not sure if saying this will get my post deleted, though.
  • bluewolf
    Or play Ball Blast, which has in game ads for MPQ promoting the new character,” like a Thief in the Night”.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Or ask your alliance on the in-game chat. Someone will know. And its only here we cant talk about it, inside the game is fair play for discussions...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:
    Treras said:
    Did they get to keep it?
    Yes.
    Will be interesting to see if those who already got a cover will be able to get a second one again.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    DarthDeVo said:
    bluewolf said:
    bluewolf said:
    Treras said:
    Did they get to keep it?
    Yes.
    Will be interesting to see if those who already got a cover will be able to get a second one again.
    I don't see why not.  Bear in mind they got the cover instead of a Bishop cover.  It was an even trade, so to speak.  If I got it myself by accident I'd seriously consider filing a bug report to trade it.
  • bluewolf
    At least one person had gotten the Bishop cover, played the node when the mystery character was active, did not get that cover and complained to CS and got ANOTHER Bishop cover. 

Others who hadn’t played the cover node and got the xxxxxxx cover will keep it as it would be an even trade.

Personally, I think I’d rather have more Bishop’s than Xxxxx covers....
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    At least one person had gotten the Bishop cover, played the node when the mystery character was active, did not get that cover and complained to CS and got ANOTHER Bishop cover. 

Others who hadn’t played the cover node and got the xxxxxxx cover will keep it as it would be an even trade.

Personally, I think I’d rather have more Bishop’s than Xxxxx covers....
    See, I didn't know if it was a glitch such that people who had already gotten a Bishop cover *also* got a cover for the mystery character or not.

Sounds like it was one or the other? If you had already completed the training for a Bishop cover, you were prevented from getting a cover for mystery character. If you got the cover for mystery character, you weren't able to get a Bishop cover later? 
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Bigger chance of bonus hero please.