R166 Release Notes *Updated (11/21/18)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    Black Cat actually has powers? I guess I didn't really know her deal
    Black Cat kind of has the opposite of Domino's powers. She causes "bad luck" to those around her.

In practice things tend out to work out the same way though.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I may I found an unannounced change?  Or have I not been paying enough attention?

This morning I was clearing the waves in sub 3 of Honor Among Thieves and saw that as I cleared each wave (1 of 4, etc) the banner included a picture of the rewards I was earning from each wave (250 iso, etc).  I can't remember if that was in the game before the update, and I had cleared the sub 1 waves (with the various wave rewards in the first clear) prior to updating to R166, so wouldn't have noticed until today if it's new.

If this really is a new thing, the timing is interesting given that the most wave-heavy event (EoTS) is about to be run for the first time in 11 months.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I think I found an unannounced change.

This morning I was clearing the waves in sub 3 of Honor Among Thieves and saw that as I cleared each wave (1 of 4, etc) the banner included a picture of the rewards I was earning from each wave (250 iso, etc).  I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the game before the update, and I had cleared the sub 1 waves (with the various wave rewards in the first clear) prior to updating to R166, so didn't notice until today.

If this really is a new thing, the timing is interesting given that the most wave-heavy event (EoTS) is about to be run for the first time in 11 months.

@Brigby can you please verify if this is a new change?
    On Steam I didn't recognize something like this after clearing HAT wave nodes. But maybe I clicked stuff too fast away while rushing?!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Also, Domino is now in tokens, (pulled her from a heroic)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    chris0001 said:
    Also, Domino is now in tokens, (pulled her from a heroic)

Yup. Bishop has to wait for next season I guess.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    ***Mod Mode: ON***

Posts referencing an in-game error were removed and @Brigby has been notified about the matter. We ask that you please refrain from posting any more information regarding the error. You can talk about it with your friends, your family, your enemies, your frenemies at school, the office water cooler, the pub or the local comic book shop but you can't talk about it here.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding this matter.

***Mod Mode: OFF***
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    DAZ0273 said:
    4* Glitch incoming!

Vanellope von Schweetz

A glitch? In this game? I'm shocked!

Seriously, anybody can tell what's going to happen with the Bishop training? I was counting on a few more CP and ISO now that he's a bit covered.

EDIT: Credit where credit's due, this glitch was corrected very quickly, so thanks for that!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards

Posts referencing an in-game error were removed and @Brigby has been notified about the matter. We ask that you please refrain from posting any more information regarding the error. You can talk about it with your friends, your family, your enemies, your frenemies at school, the office water cooler, the pub or the local comic book shop but you can't talk about it here.

It’s on Line.  It’s on Facebook.  Just make the announcement and move on. Why wait since most know already. But yea, talk about it even if it was in game and get in trouble.  Doesn’t make any sense. 
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... 

Tuvok.

We need some Tim Russ in the game.  Nothing to see here, move along.   :D
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    In fact @fight4thedream and @Brigby  people are getting and rostering the person we are not to be talking about.  Check it out if you want. 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    It has been patched. The Shield Training is back to normal. I wonder what they are going to do about the players that already have the character.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    It has been patched. The Shield Training is back to normal. I wonder what they are going to do about the players that already have the character.
    Probably delete it from their roster and reward them a free Bishop.  
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018

All due respect @fight4t@fight4thedream but no. This is totally not the players' or forumites' fault. No one did any datamining, no one exploited anything. Don't penalise players/forumites for something they had absolutely no control over.

And this forum is supposed to be the official place for information. Key word being "supposed", because Discord yadda yadda. It's only normal and expected that players would come here to find out about this gaffe. Cater to that, instead of trying to sweep things under the rug, pretending a huge error never happened, and punishing players/forumites.
    @BlackBoltRocks  Just to be clear, no one was issued a warning for posting the data-in-question. I totally understand why people would come here to inquire about the error and I personally messaged each thread maker explaining why their thread was removed.  Yes, I know it seems a bit absurd but I have to stick to protocol when it comes to data-leaks on the forum. Considering that this was a rather exceptional case, I just focused on clean-up duty and informing people that we would appreciate their cooperation rather than taking any punitive measures.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got up about 45 minutes ago.  Did I miss something?
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I got up about 45 minutes ago.  Did I miss something?
    No...
    Image result for winking gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

I would say they should probably acknowledge the error and move on, possibly explicitly ask that we not share information regarding the new character.  If asked, I certainly will not.  It was definitely strange.  I even earned a token for the wrong event before I noticed the problem.  I mean, theoretically that's wrong but the wrong event token makes a difference, what, .1% of the time or something?  I certainly didn't care.

I think guessing who the next character will be is closed, for the present. :)

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Added the following release notes:
    • Bonus Heroes now always correctly display after the covers that triggered them.