R166 Release Notes *Updated (11/21/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R166 update!

MPQ 166!
  • "A Bad Influence"
What's Changed:
  • Players will no longer be presented with an erroneous button to "Claim +3 for Friends" on tokens and comics that cannot be shared.
  • [PC] Bishop's character art no longer obscures the three bottom left tiles when moved to the front
  • Bonus Heroes now always correctly display after the covers that triggered them.

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bad influence....

Dazzler speculation led to everyone coming up with crazy connections to dazzler.... 

My serious thought may be black cat cause she always got spidey in trouble.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    You forgot to mention Bishop's art has changed.
    Now he looks really short 83

The clue though...
    Your elders are always warning you about how your friends are a bad influence. Elders are to be trusted because they are wise. And the best elder in Marvel...Golden Oldie confirmed.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Players will no longer be presented with an erroneous button to "Claim +3 for Friends" on tokens and comics that cannot be shared.

Huh. I never realized those couldn't be shared. One time I got the prompt for a Vision cover and felt bad I couldn't share it because my FB profile is just there to back up with no friends because I smell and no one likes me.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mister Negative?

He has the ability to corrupt people...
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for correcting Bishop covering up the bottom tiles on the PC!  Mobile users didn't see it, so I figured no one would ever notice it.

Now about Okoye (same problem)….
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    MPQ 166!
    • "A Bad Influence"
    Zach Overkill
    (purely based on Google: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incognito_(comics))
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Definitely Venom
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

A Bad Influence, obviously "A" followed by an anagram of "Influence".

A Fine Uncle - It's Uncle Ben!!!

(Without the restriction of starting with A, we also get things like "Fecal Ennui" and "Canine Fuel", which sound like they should be someone, but I don't know who.)

• TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Is this up in the Google store yet? Because I'm getting the in game update prompt but it's just the last update in store. And why am I getting that prompt this soon anyway? Aren't you supposed to get at least a day? 
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Are they doing a 4* release? I had heard there was a rumour that it would be because they did a 5 4 5 release recently, and if you go through the next few months if they do a 4* next week then there will be a 5* release the same week the Captain Marvel movie comes out
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    A bad influence, or during this season, we can look at it as “A bad influenza”, a diesease they are trying to make a super antibody for, a-la Captain America, or rather, the Super Soldier program, of which the MCU has the “Bad” version, Steve’s archnemesis...
    RED SKULL!!!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards

A Bad Influence, obviously "A" followed by an anagram of "Influence".

A Fine Uncle - It's Uncle Ben!!!

(Without the restriction of starting with A, we also get things like "Fecal Ennui" and "Canine Fuel", which sound like they should be someone, but I don't know who.)

"Canine Fuel" could be anyone who's made Lockjaw mad enough. I'm not familiar enough with the Inhumans to make any specific guesses from that, tho.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe it's a reference to the barely watchable early-90s film Bad Influence, starring James Spader, who also featured in the MCU as Ultron. Playable 5* Ultron on the way!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killgrave  
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

MPQ 166!
    • "A Bad Influence"
    Maximus? Would be neat to have the mad villain of the inhumans added to the pantheon.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    You're wrong! THE bad influence is ... 5* PURPLE MAAAAAN!!!!
    I'd love to see David Tennant in this game. If they do i will set up the sound at max to be sure there is no hidden wooshing :D 
    If that's Purple man but not David Tennant's i quit :( 

Brsides fandom a 5* controlling the enemies should be awsome!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    The BH screen has changed a bit, you no longer press 'claim' and then Surprise! you get a bh, instead, in place of the claim button there is a blue little skip fwd button to the side, that takes you to the bh that you got. I almost had a heart attack when i didnt see the claim button!

You might have wanted to mention this in the notes @Brigby
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Bad Influence ...

5* Deadpool because of "Once Upon a Deadpool"
    Hela since Odin locked her away for so long
    Grant Ward who resurrects into Hive

That's all I could come up with..  

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,734 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the past, there has been a display issue with BH sometimes where you saw the bonus cover first, then the actual cover you received.  This has caused a fair amount of confusion.  Maybe this change addresses that, to make sure the BH always displays second.  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    In the past, there has been a display issue with BH sometimes where you saw the bonus cover first, then the actual cover you received.  This has caused a fair amount of confusion.  Maybe this change addresses that, to make sure the BH always displays second.  
    That is all well and fine, i was just trying to draw attention to the display itself, as the change is rather significant. Instead of a bright big cheerful yellow claim button in the center, there is now a tiny blue one to the right bottom corner. I got invisible woman and let me tell you the little blue button did not show up well against her blue uniform. Especially as i didnt immediately know where to look for it. From now i know where to look for it, so it wont be a surprise (or cause for worry).
    And i just thought it would be nice to mention such changes in advance, like in the release notes....