Is it harder to climb to 900 as a 5* player than as a 4* player?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

I don't BC and only sit in my alliance one out of courtesy in the extremely rare case I want to hit one of them.

Yeah I'm a points leech while everyone else is daisy chaining off each other...
    Would you mind explaining what you mean by BC and daisy chaining? Thanks!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    Tony_Foot said:

I don't BC and only sit in my alliance one out of courtesy in the extremely rare case I want to hit one of them.

Yeah I'm a points leech while everyone else is daisy chaining off each other...
    Would you mind explaining what you mean by BC and daisy chaining? Thanks!
    BC = Battle Chat on LINE.
    Daisy chaining = using the BC to queue high value targets and hop off each other.

If that terminology doesn't make sense to you, bless you. It's not too late for you to quit before you get in too deep.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Timed it today 18 minutes from 400-1200 last 3 hours of storm pvp with thor/okoye. I'm not fast at this game, threw one 3 hour shield and done. 25 wins which is 3 more than normal too as I picked off a few lower 40 point matches til the 70+ started rolling in.

If you sitting on a capped Okoye and Thor, you will really kick yourself when you realise how much time you could save. No health packs, everyone finished the climb as they started it, full health or half thor. Health packs now at 394.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wish the time slices were more favourable. I'd love to play slice 1, but it tends to end during the day while I'm at work. I usually end up in 2, as its the only one that really works for me, and thats a pretty bad slice to be in. 

Have you considered trying 3? Back Before there were time slices two out of Three events ended at 6AM my time, so I used to climb as high as possible and put up an 8 hour shield until the end. A bad end time is a lot easier to work with in PvP than it is in PvE. The end time only really matters if you are going for placement rewards in an Active slice.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    I just wish the time slices were more favourable. I'd love to play slice 1, but it tends to end during the day while I'm at work. I usually end up in 2, as its the only one that really works for me, and thats a pretty bad slice to be in. 

Have you considered trying 3? Back Before there were time slices two out of Three events ended at 6AM my time, so I used to climb as high as possible and put up an 8 hour shield until the end. A bad end time is a lot easier to work with in PvP than it is in PvE. The end time only really matters if you are going for placement rewards in an Active slice.
    I'm not really a big PVP player so dont like to spend more than a 3 hour shield. I make it work in slice 2 but it would still be better if the slices weren't so inconvenient.