Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi - Feedback

Options

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because of the fixed decks in the 2nd round sound people don't realise they can edit them still in the 3rd.... It's _bad_. They should be forced to, the default deck shouldn't have any cards to make sure it gets replaced.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Because of the fixed decks in the 2nd round sound people don't realise they can edit them still in the 3rd.... It's _bad_. They should be forced to, the default deck shouldn't have any cards to make sure it gets replaced.
    There are no fixed decks in the second round.  You can edit it however you want.

There is literally no difference between the 2nd and 3rd stages in this event.  Its something I mentioned in all of my survey forms, but I guess nobody cares.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I think people should be presented with the deck builder upon entering phase 2. I played against the canned decks quite a bit more than I probably should have...
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think people should be presented with the deck builder upon entering phase 2. I played against the canned decks quite a bit more than I probably should have...
    It likely registers the reconstructed deck as soon as you select your side. Its possible you faced precons from opponents who just hadn't yet made a new deck.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Kinesia said:
    There are no fixed decks in the second round.  You can edit it however you want.

There is literally no difference between the 2nd and 3rd stages in this event.  Its something I mentioned in all of my survey forms, but I guess nobody cares.

By nobody, I am guessing you mean the devs? Because I certainly submitted a gripe about phase two being pointless
  • Kinesia
    Options
    Yeah, I said 2 and 3 but meant 1 and 2, like you say 2 and 3 are the same!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Kinesia said:

By nobody, I am guessing you mean the devs? Because I certainly submitted a gripe about phase two being pointless

Me too
  • Jester88m
    Jester88m Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When can we get the no repeat eldrazi/zendikar mythic boosters? What phase?

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And what happens when we have all the non dupe rares from one side?anybody being there yet?
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And what happens when we have all the non dupe rares from one side?anybody being there yet?
    You get a dupe and 100 orbs.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The event is poorly designed and painfully slow.I have a hard time even playing it.

• Kinesia
    Options
    Oh, and if you are in 2nd round and make a deck, you can still play the 1st round by accident (I like that people can join in late, that's necessary, too rushed otherwise) and it resets your 2nd round deck to the default, very annoying!
  • Jester88m
    Jester88m Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So i saved up crystals once again for this event so i could get some mythic boosters (most of the cards are not available otherwise) only to find out i got screwed again. False advertisement if you ask me. 
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's time for Duel Decks to rotate out PWs and content. It's rather stale and Nissa will never win it seems.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EvilDead said:
    It's time for Duel Decks to rotate out PWs and content. It's rather stale and Nissa will never win it seems.
    The devs did say that we will get different Duel Decks events based on the (initial) success of this one.

I don't think it is super high priority right now though.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    EvilDead said:
    The devs did say that we will get different Duel Decks events based on the (initial) success of this one.

I don't think it is super high priority right now though.
    Might not be the worst decision. I don't like the direction away from coalition events.. And since they don't take our feedback how to make this event interesting into account I couldn't care less. So much wasted potential.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would like to see some sort of mechanic to encourage a different outcome. Perhaps if the same side (Eldrazi) win X number of times in a row, it makes it that much likely for the other side to win. Be it incentivize the one side or penalize the other side, I dunno... But I would really like to get Mana Confluence.
  • Imbrium
    Imbrium Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am going to continue to play Nissa until we get Mana Confluence, but I can't understand how the devs thought that pitting a colourless Planeswalker against a mono Planeswalker (Green, of all the Colours) would be a fair fight.  And if you're a new player, who're you going to automatically gravitate towards?  I know that the very first Beta Test everyone co ordinated and got Mana Confluence, but now it just seems like if you were in Beta Test A you have an exclusive Mythic.