Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi - Feedback

Options

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder what happen when everybody (at least majority) cooperate and choose the same side? Should be doable via forum or in coalitions.

My problem are those: I did both betas, win both and already have both exclusives. Loosing  looks better to me, to get a new card.

Whats the difference between phase 2 and 3 again? Okay for in phase 2 there is a leader sign. In phase 3 is not, or is it really a slowgoing meter. Never realized a change.

Why is phase 3 not just one final boss battle. Just let say your deck against best deck from other side (best internal score/most wins).

Last and major problem: bugs.
    In both beta I haven't any crash in hundred matches. On third run I had 2 out of 7 yet. Was I lucky the first two iterations? 

The point is: if you have both exclusives, winning or losing is almost even. First give some more ressources, the second a new card. 
    So those event feels a little like normal single-player pve: do something - get something. Okay I will do because rewards are way better for the little efford. But I miss the challenge. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don’t understand the point of the final duel phase—is there only one charge?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The point is to add a fancy graphic and make us think it's different from the second duel phase. (The bar that barely moves)
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    You can't change your side for the rest of the event. But what happen if everbody chooses the same side? (via forum)

Nice sidefact: a coalitionmate get paired against my pauperdeck in this event (cycling). Easy win for him. 
    I like objectives like this. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    The point is to add a fancy graphic and make us think it's different from the second duel phase. (The bar that barely moves)
    I never realized any moving, but I didn't count pixel.

I think in this form the pase 3 meter is just decoration. It's not impossible to knock out other side in any way. 

Mmh... maybe an idea for extra reward: k.o. Opponent before end of event. But for this you you need a "little more" charge. 
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This game is turning into a joke. Incredible IP being misused by money hungry lazy studio. To call the Duel Deck Event beta ready is an insult to the community much less the 1/2 baked make it live this weekend. Lots of things create a fun experience from this game but you're working on a long list of sour grapes at this rate. 2.9 is a mess. Duel Decks is a mess. Mad props for the concept cause it will be a fun event once you work out the bugs. Just remember that you're supposed to work out the bugs before it goes live.......
  • NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I recommend that Dev makes a sincere apology to the players and explain what went wrong.

What have you done with all the beta test feedbacks? 

Right now your action is conveying a message that you trash all of our feedbacks and don’t give a rat’s anus about our experience with this game. 
  • Jonster78
    Jonster78 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I found the event overall disappointing. The "trial" period getting introduced to the Planeswalkers, really didn't showcase their abilities. The duel part was probably the most fun with the deck restrictions didn't matter much after all check marks obtained. The final duel with the bar that gives no clue whether your side is winning or losing did not give enough information. And then to ultimately lose from no fault of my own smacks of the farce that was mirrodin ve pherxia in mirrodin besieged where you could only hope your side was winning. For this we saw two days of work, two betas, and outstanding bugs for? Disappointed indeed!
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jonster78 said:
    I found the event overall disappointing. The "trial" period getting introduced to the Planeswalkers, really didn't showcase their abilities. The duel part was probably the most fun with the deck restrictions didn't matter much after all check marks obtained. The final duel with the bar that gives no clue whether your side is winning or losing did not give enough information. And then to ultimately lose from no fault of my own smacks of the farce that was mirrodin ve pherxia in mirrodin besieged where you could only hope your side was winning. For this we saw two days of work, two betas, and outstanding bugs for? Disappointed indeed!
    mirrodin vs phyrexia...ooooh what a wammy.  That one hits me right in the childhood.

I like the overall event idea, but definitely agree that things could have gone...well...better.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Played the initial matches to grab the rewards with the premade decks. Chose nissa since I don't have confluence. Played two matches to grab all rewards.
    [REDACTED bk]
    I hope noobies are having more fun and enjoying the rewards. Good thing I am no longer very active here. 
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was mostly OK with the event, it was something different. That said, I didn't really get the difference between phase 2 and 3.

For me, the big problem is being on the losing side. I played the event, did all the objectives, won every single game and then... You lost. What's the point? 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Furks said:
    I was mostly OK with the event, it was something different. That said, I didn't really get the difference between phase 2 and 3.

For me, the big problem is being on the losing side. I played the event, did all the objectives, won every single game and then... You lost. What's the point? 
    I guess you should take this event not as a "win or lose" since the rewards difference is not that significant anyway - I don't find either Eye of Ugin or Mana Confluence as good (legacy) mythics.

But if you are interested in the mythics I think can join a faction or another five minutes before the event ends. Since we have an indicator on which side is winning anyway, it a way to "cheat" your way in and grab the rewards... (I don't know if this is public information but private groups discuss this actively so it's not a difficult to get information) I wouldn't condone to such an approach, but the game allows it right now. Frankly, I would prohibit this in the future somehow ingame (prevent joining after final phase has started).
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Tilwin90 true, you could do that, but that seems like poor design. Half of the players are going to end up on the losing side for no apparent reason. 

It's not very fun when the way to win this event is by gaming the system rather than playing well.

With coalitions, its all about your team doing well. Here it's just pick a side, hope you picked the right one. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eye of Ugin is crazy good.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    Mburn7 said:
     What exactly were we testing?

Our patience.
    This is so true ...