MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would have been nice if the progression rewards for Nebula and Dazzler had been the first cover, given that we missed out on that from SHIELD Simulator.  It'd help my ones look a little more balanced.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    It would have been nice if the progression rewards for Nebula and Dazzler had been the first cover, given that we missed out on that from SHIELD Simulator.  It'd help my ones look a little more balanced.
    Since Taskmaster is Limited, we won't have a new 4* release to rotate into normal packs by the time the next season (the first one post-Anniversary) starts. There won't be a new character to put at the top of SHIELD Simulator. It's pure speculation at this point, but it makes sense that they might go back to Dazzler. We wouldn't escape the problem with every other time two characters rotate in together (only one cover is offered in Shield Sim so someone gets skipped), but it's a neat and obvious way to fix two problems at once (characters got skipped, and not having a new character to put in Shield Sim post-Anniversary), so it feels pretty likely, you know?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A Little sad we are missing out on Dazzler placement rewards on account of Places of Power, but that is a minor complaint indeed.

Interesting to see Silver Surfer as an essential, that means we start the third cycle of Classic Fivestar Essentials.

@Brigby- last time Surfer was essential the Heroes for Hire offer was for his red instead of his blue (it was his first time offered but second time featured). Do you know if the Heroes for Hire offer this time will be for his blue to make up for it or is it red again?

Also pleased to see Captain Marvel as the fourstar PvP reward again, figured she'd be skipped since she was recently awarded but it's Another thing I don't mind.

• Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    .JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    *(10/11/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
    That's later in the day than we normaly get updates, MUCH thanks Brigby! We were just talking in alliance chat about not knowing the upcoming required characters, and there it is, now we know! :D
    And knowing is half the battle.
    So just say No!
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    jamesh said:
    My 0/5/4 Dazzler and 0/3/6 Nebula are applauding this. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Really?  After being awarded only in her release and then token update delayed for 2 weeks,  Dazzler is required for Hearts of Darkness? 

Great 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:

A Little sad we are missing out on Dazzler placement rewards on account of Places of Power, but that is a minor complaint indeed.

Interesting to see Silver Surfer as an essential, that means we start the third cycle of Classic Fivestar Essentials.

@Brigby- last time Surfer was essential the Heroes for Hire offer was for his red instead of his blue (it was his first time offered but second time featured). Do you know if the Heroes for Hire offer this time will be for his blue to make up for it or is it red again?

Guess the answer was "none of the above" - it's a black cover.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

3rd time as essential, so 3rd color, was apparently the thinking.  I personally think it would be a bit foolish to purchase any cover for Surfer for 250cp. Someday he’ll get a feeder....someday.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/15/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and added details on 5-Star Cable.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

3rd time as essential, so 3rd color, was apparently the thinking.  I personally think it would be a bit foolish to purchase any cover for Surfer for 250cp. Someday he’ll get a feeder....someday.

*shrugs* Black Bolt's second turn as an essential had a green cover in HfH since the first turn happened Before HfH offers were a thing, so next offer should be black even though it's his third time.

Not that it really matters now anyway - those who need a blue Silver Surfer cover just need to wait for the next cycle or a feeder.

• jamesh
    Options
    Would it be too much to hope that the up coming alliance event offers three Taskmaster covers?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would hope for 3 Chavez covers...
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any sign of tomorrow’s event details, would really like to see the rewards asap 
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I could see it being Xpool since he is included in Cable's vault. If they make Xpool a feeder for Cable, the better. :)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

Come And Get Me (10/18/18) *New Update*
    Double Iso-8, More Info To Come!

Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Medusa
    3-Star: Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    2-Star: Thor (Marvel NOW!)

Character Categories: 
    Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Drax, Captain America, Rocket & Groot, Gamora

Welp. There goes all the challenge of this event. Hopefully the 4-star covers are nice at least. I'm highly doubtful it would be Nebula or Dazzler considering how there both just the 4E. Taskmaster would be great, but I don't have my hopes up. I see X-Pool. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please dont forget to roll out what will happen from sunday on... have a nice weekend all!
  • jamesh
    Options
    There are two Lokis in the Class of 2018 event background.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    There are two Lokis in the Class of 2018 event background.
    At least one of them is an illusion.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d also like to know who the next DDQ clash is for tomorrow 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’d also like to know who the next DDQ clash is for tomorrow 
    Was gonna say that can be seen in HfH store, but nothing there either...