MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, at least we seem to be getting a slight preview. Background has dinosaurs, so Savage Land is probably a Place of Power. Maybe we’ll get things like Attilan (or whatever that place on the dark side of the moon is called), Wakanda, The Everglades (Man-Thing cameo!). Now we need the mechanics explained. Please and now.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe environmental tiles are coming back for a couple of days! 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Well, at least we seem to be getting a slight preview. Background has dinosaurs, so Savage Land is probably a Place of Power. Maybe we’ll get things like Attilan (or whatever that place on the dark side of the moon is called), Wakanda, The Everglades (Man-Thing cameo!). Now we need the mechanics explained. Please and now.
    Or maybe it means nothing and it is just the background theme for the 5th Anniversary that is going on already. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Maybe we have to send our alliance members to different parts of Savage Land to battle dinosaur minions and dinosaur bosses. If you still remember Wakanda PvE, they had a "background preview" a couple of days before the event started. So, if the background changes again tomorrow, then the alliance PvE might really take place in Savage Land.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby
    at least tell us if its time slice based as regular pve or all same time as in boss events. That must be known, right?

and how are we gonna have to “split” up? StrangeSights door 1 2 3 mechanics?

maybe you have some kinks that still need another look, but you gotta have these fundamental in place, right?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Or maybe it means nothing and it is just the background theme for the 5th Anniversary that is going on already. 
    They did the same thing for Ant-Man and Wasp release.  I tend to agree with this.  It's just a new type of flavor text for celebrating certain events and probably has nothing to do with the Alliance Raid feature.

I personally don't like the backgrounds.  You can't see enough of them to make it really useful/interesting and I find it distracting/disruptive to normal play.  Just keep the solid background and put the pretty pictures on the loading screen or in the match backgrounds.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm afraid at this moment I don't have any concrete information available to provide players about the Places of Power event.

I'm sure the team just wants to make sure that every detail is confirmed for the first run of the event, and once those details are solidified, I'll be sure to post that information in the forum. Thank you for your patience!

Update: While I don't have an official announcement just yet, I do have some teaser info available!
    • The Places of Power event is a Progression-Only reward system. That means players will only earn Individual and Alliance progression rewards.
    • There will be multiple sub-chapters to the event.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I'm afraid at this moment I don't have any concrete information available to provide players about the Places of Power event.

I'm sure the team just wants to make sure that every detail is confirmed for the first run of the event, and once those details are solidified, I'll be sure to post that information in the forum. Thank you for your patience!

Update: While I don't have an official announcement just yet, I do have some teaser info available!
    • The Places of Power event is a Progression-Only reward system. That means players will only earn Individual and Alliance progression rewards.
    • There will be multiple sub-chapters to the event.
    At least thats something, thank you. But you gotta know you really making it difficult for yourself.. Asking for this much patience so close to arrival really dont boost our confidence...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really hope we get a proper update to what is required for this new event, pleased it’s thanos powered up
    Most alliance events have their own boost lists, so there is no guarantee that Thanos will end up boosted for this event.
  • Smart80
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Really hope we get a proper update to what is required for this new event, pleased it’s thanos powered up
    Most alliance events have their own boost lists, so there is no guarantee that Thanos will end up boosted for this event.
    Those never had a featured 5* though
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sure they will identify and squash all bugs in this first run event that hasn't even been finalized less than 48 hours prior to launch
  • Rebel
    Rebel Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The boss event starts tomorrow and there’s no information about the new event. That’s very disappointed!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rebel said:
    The boss event starts tomorrow and there’s no information about the new event. That’s very disappointed!
    Same procedure as with every new event.

You'd they they'd learn after 5 years.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Rebel said:

Perhaps they say same about us.... ;-)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Rebel said:

Perhaps they say same about us.... ;-)
    True, but the best way to keep customers is to meet their needs, not expect them to meet yours...
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder what the event after the alliance raid will be. As it doesnt give out specific covers i dont know who will be featured next....

@Brigby any chance for an update before the weekend? Thank you!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/11/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *(10/11/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
    That's later in the day than we normaly get updates, MUCH thanks Brigby! We were just talking in alliance chat about not knowing the upcoming required characters, and there it is, now we know! :D
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    .JHawkInc said:
    Brigby said:
    That's later in the day than we normaly get updates, MUCH thanks Brigby! We were just talking in alliance chat about not knowing the upcoming required characters, and there it is, now we know! :D
    And knowing is half the battle.