MPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/26/18)

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Love to see some updates today :smile:

Double iso is helping plow through 4* champing....  but need that boosted list.
    Straight from Convention to Columbus Day. Doesn’t bode well for news.
    Also a reminder:Columbus Day is an actual holiday. (I forget this every year).
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Oh yeah forgot as I’m working today 😊
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    What a joke
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Not in the real world....
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Only in the USA.
    Well, I guess we'll find out in game what events are coming after WW... 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Only in the USA.
    And if Thano5 is up for it... or a random other, after all 10yr MCU was enough to divert from the normal, so why not with anniversary?

But more important, when are we finally getting the next feeder?!?!
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Only in the USA.
    And if Thano5 is up for it... or a random other, after all 10yr MCU was enough to divert from the normal, so why not with anniversary?

Come and get me is next thursday... with cable. Not sure whats happening this thursday...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    None of the devs are off for Columbus Day, FYI. It’s barely a holiday at this point. Even many schools are in session.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When did the Sneak Peek become Last Week Tonight?
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gotta be a joke right? They can "Update" the MPQ 5th anniversary thread with 2 simple lines about the ISO-8 Sale, but they can't update the "Late Information" page?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby while myself and others understand that the team was at NYCC, which is a big deal, no update is kinda lame. No taskmaster PVP event info, no Webbed Wonder PVE info nothing.  When can we expect this?   Also, is Kitty getting a feeder and when will that be annocuned since she is already in the tokens as of today?  
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    @Brigby

Only in the USA.

Come and get me is next thursday... with cable. Not sure whats happening this thursday...
    I meant Thanos as essential 5*, but we’ll hear soon enough with Brigby active on forum “already”
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    None of the devs are off for Columbus Day, FYI. It’s barely a holiday at this point. Even many schools are in session.
    Agreed. I'm working today and my kids school is in session. I live in the U.S.A.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(10/08/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added details on 4-Star Taskmaster.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Places of Power - 4 Day Alliance Raid Event (10/11/18) 
    Info coming soon..

Sounds very interesting.  When do you think we will get the info so we can prepare our alliances? 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Just for the record, THIS:
    Places of Power - 4 Day Alliance Raid Event (10/11/18) *New Update*
    Double Iso-8
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Thanos (The Mad Titan)
    4-Star: Nebula
    3-Star: Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    2-Star: Moonstone
    More Details Coming Soon!

is a non-update. We knew Double ISO was a thing for Anniversary. We could see the upcoming featured characters (2*, 3*, and 4*) by looking at what's in the game right now. Anyone paying attention to the rotation would know Thanos is the next 5*. And when you guys announced a new alliance raid event and then left a suspicious gap in the calendar in the Anniversary thread, it was pretty clear when it was going to take place (with Cable getting a boss release, it was either this Thursday, or after Anniversary).

Playing the cards this close to the chest at this point is obnoxious. It's a common enough thing for us to get information at the last minute (and occasionally *after* events have started) that this isn't causing excitement for the new event so much as it's causing anxiety that information is going to come so late I won't be able to coordinate with my international alliance (it's bad enough with boss events when someone misses the first 8-hour cycle or two because we didn't realize they didn't know and there was no in-game preview so they didn't find out until late because they were on the opposite side of the planet). It feels like this chronically poor information flow is going to hinder our enjoyment of the event.
    Spot on. Ally’s have to get people set up to and cascade information to all of those that never come to the forums.  Hopefully we will get this sooner, like tomorrow, than later (1 hr before the events starts). 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really hope we get a proper update to what is required for this new event, pleased it’s thanos powered up 

im struggling to understand why we can’t have more details as it’s only 2 and a half days until the event starts 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The Devs are probably still finalizing some details or waiting for approvals before they can release the full details.

I suppose the Devs could give out the details now but if there is any last minute change, I'm sure everyone with old info will be pissed off. 

Between waiting for details to be finalized or approved and giving info now and making changes later, the former is the lesser evil.