R160 Release Notes (8/27/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor

What's Changed:
    • When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen
    Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, change this back asap!

I cant think of any reason at all, why anyone would find this useful. If you scrolled back in your roster to for instance use Tiny Thanos, you selected him and he is still in your team, so you dont need to be there again... it just makes no sense...

For 1 brief moment, I thought it could be useful with finding essential dupes, but nope, it goes to the highest levelled healthiest toon as is auto selected anyway...

In fact, essential make it all even more inconvenient. I hope you can reverse this in next patch or sooner, or at least give 1 reason this would be preferable to how it was before.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Or have a button with star rankings, similar to the roster screen. And also create a boosted list button, as well you can select from.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    The roster change is awful.  Please revert it back and go back to the drawing board.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Please let the clue lead to our one true Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    DefinitelLifeofAgony said:
    The roster change is awful.  Please revert it back and go back to the drawing board.
    Definitely awful. I already accidentally used my unchamped 2* Thor in DDQ instead of my maxed out Thor. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    jamesh said:
    OJSP said:
    I actually want to know what made them decide to change. I’m struggling to think of an occasion where it’s more useful than not.
    I think the main difference is that if you click the "info" or "train" buttons, it'll now return you to the same page you were on.  I suspect that was their primary goal, and the change to the other behaviour changes are collateral damage.
    I would imagine that's probably the intent behind the change. I'll pass along this feedback to the team, so they can investigate further. Thanks everyone!
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    how did this pass any test? 
    you test, right? 
    i read it somewhere.

but some filters would be really cool.
    and I won't stop bugging you about save slots for specific teams. 
    and tests. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Add me to the train of people not liking this update. 
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    I've been playing for 1590 days. I don't think I have complained, or even agreed with other complaints, more than a handful of times. But I have to agree that this Roster change is horrific and would like to add my name to those that are asking that it be changed back as soon as possible.

-Croak
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    +1 on roster changes - the consequences outweigh the benefits, we use train/info less frequently than we put together a team of our top characters
  • Smart80
    Brigby said:
    jamesh said:
    OJSP said:
    I actually want to know what made them decide to change. I’m struggling to think of an occasion where it’s more useful than not.
    I think the main difference is that if you click the "info" or "train" buttons, it'll now return you to the same page you were on.  I suspect that was their primary goal, and the change to the other behaviour changes are collateral damage.
    I would imagine that's probably the intent behind the change. I'll pass along this feedback to the team, so they can investigate further. Thanks everyone!
    Could you also ask them if they assume we use more mediocre toons in the middle of our deck, than the stronger ones we used to see...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is in response to posters or players who said that they have to scroll many pages to look for the characters they want to use or level up. So, this wad born. Probably, this is targeted at intermediate players (3* to 4* land), which make up the majority of the 100,000 players or so.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think this is in response to posters or players who said that they have to scroll many pages to look for the characters they want to use or level up. So, this wad born. Probably, this is targeted at intermediate players (3* to 4* land), which make up the majority of the 100,000 players or so.
    I honestly don't see it. I was a beginner and intermediate once and even if I have just levelled up a character, the majority of the time when I start a game I will want to bring my strongest characters. The only times to use weaker characters are for essential nodes, and the game already auto select the essential for you so the feature is still pointless.

I'm giving the devs the benefit of the doubt that this was some unintended consequence from trying to make another actually useful change. But even so they should have seen the effect before the change go live, so they either thought it was somehow useful or didn't really care.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Please just change it back to starting at the first page of the roster where the highest level characters are. 

In terms of changes I would like to see for the team selection screen:
    1) Filter by tier
    2) Essential characters listed first before sorting the rest by character level
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    To be honest this "fix/feature" doesn't work as it is described in patch notes. After moving back from train/info button you return to the position of the character you've been investigating(the selected one). So this line
    your position in the roster will be maintained

is not true at all.

They just broke everything and fixed nothing.

To return to the top i usually do the following trick:

select 5* -> click info -> click back

Now I am at the top of the roster

• Smart80
    Since update, i keep getting load screen before almost every battle, like toons need to be reloaded, but now also eventhough i just played with same team, against same enemy... anyone else?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I have increased load times before every battle.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I experienced that too for some battles.
  • Smart80
    Not sure where that comes from, but please reverse that as well when you correct team selection...
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    OJSP said:
    Roland113 said:
    I'll resist the urge to comment one way or another, it's a brand new feature but a change to how things operate.  It will take a couple of days for the newly implemented change to feel natural.  
    Ok, it's been a couple of days, I can't stand the change.  I assumed that, like jamesh said, this was going to apply only to after you hit the info or train buttons.  I was kind of excited about that.  With that being said, I'm not a fan of the scope of the interface change.

I may be wrong, but I think if the feature was changed to occur only when returning from the info or train screens there would be a much more positive response.