R160 Release Notes (8/27/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R160 update!

MPQ 160!
  • "The Full Spectrum"
What's Changed:
  • When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen
  • Powers that display what color is most present on the board will display the color that is used by the power, when there are multiple colors most present at the same time
  • Powers that generate AP and destroy tiles will now correctly generate AP in the specific instance where all destroyed tiles are Fortified
  • Characters in upcoming waves will no longer display before the wave completes.
  • Fixed a rare crash in the early areas of the game
  • [Android] Devices that are running Android 9 will no longer crash when returning to the game after Marvel Puzzle Quest was minimized.

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    The full spectrum? Has to be Dazzler!!! seriously though its probably an iron fist character for season 2
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Arix90 said:
    The full spectrum? Has to be Dazzler!!! seriously though its probably an iron fist character for season 2
    Or Thanos with the full gauntlet, I suppose. We really deserve Dazzler at this point though.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Gerry Anderson’s Captain Scarlet was a member of Spectrum. So it must be 4* Scarlet Witch.
  • Magipink
    Magipink Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Arix90 said:
    Or Thanos with the full gauntlet, I suppose. We really deserve Dazzler at this point though.
    Is it me or all the clues lead to Dazzler? I really think they're having fun on all Dazzler's fans ^^

My guess is Karolina Dean. I think i read than The Runaways show is comig back soon
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    5* Monica Rambeau? Yes please!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    • Characters in upcoming waves will no longer display before the wave completes.
    Nice. That was annoyingly confusing.
    • [Android] Devices that are running Android 9 will no longer crash when returning to the game after Marvel Puzzle Quest was minimized.
    Nice. That was just annoying.
    • "The Full Spectrum"
    Is Dr. Spectrum too obvious of a guess, here?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    It’s Matt Tracker from M.A.S.K.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    Gerry Anderson’s Captain Scarlet was a member of Spectrum. So it must be 4* Scarlet Witch.

S.I.G.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    If it's not Karolina Dean or a reference to light, it could be Legion.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I'm on team Monica Rambeau!

I hope whoever it is, that we get a better Shield Training crew. The lack of color coverage with Rhodey, Bucky, and Shuri was not ideal.

Also, very grateful to see that my game will stop crashing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    The Full Spectrum is a reference to dietary habits. Getting a full spectrum of nutrients is very important to health. While one might think this points to someone like Blob being introduced, you’d be missing the Marvel character who really has the most diverse diet: Galactus. Eating an entire planet ensures that Galactus gets The Full Spectrum of essential nutrients. It’s a little odd making someone like that a 4 star, but since his Boss version is already 5 star, I guess it makes sense.
    Too bad we don’t have Transformers in the game. I’d really prefer Unicron as a planet-eater. Needs to come with a full version of “The Touch” as the background music.
    EDIT: How did I only just realize that both GotG and Jurassic World starred Chris Pratt and “Blue”. Blue even had pointy teeth in both movies! I can only assume Jurassic World III will include Blue floating around on a magic umbrella.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Bifrost, the rainbow bridge, as a playable character.  Or Support.

Or, it is an oblique Captain Scarlet reference, Spectrum is Green, the green infinity gem/stone is the Time Stone (at least in the films), so it's Doctor Who.

Iron Fist Season 2 is out in a couple of weeks, though I can't think of anyone linked to Iron Fist that matches the clue, even tangentially.

Maybe finally, finally, it's the Dazzling One.

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Wish it would have been a 5 

Image result for spectrum marvel
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    I cannot wait for Legion. Especially after this latest season on FX, he really deserves to be a bad motha-shut yo mouth in this game. Invisibility, full AOE, using Gwenpool’s purple mechanic to access all sorts of powers. A valley girl can, like, so totally dream...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like Typhoid Mary. Her personalities covered the full spectrum.

I'm glad the wave is being fixed. It can be confusing sometimes.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magipink said:
    Is it me or all the clues lead to Dazzler? I really think they're having fun on all Dazzler's fans ^^

It really seems that way...at least since Emma Frost.  On one hand, there’s a certain charm to the idea of them trolling Dazzler fans for no other reason than they can, but it does spoil some of the fun of reading several of the absolutely convoluted explanations for why totally unrelated clues actually refer to Dazzler in these release note threads.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's not Karolina Dean or a reference to light, it could be Legion.

I sure hope so!
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I was just saying the other day on Twitter that Monica Rambeau needs some love...,.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    FINALLY!  This has been bugged almost the entire 2.5 years I've been playing.  It annoys me every time it happens, which is only every day.  Thanks for the fix.