R160 Release Notes (8/27/18)

Comments

• Asmodaeus
    Asmodaeus Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Or how about making it a choice in the settings screen (like the other changes to the enemy ap display, animations, etc)?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Add me to the confused list for the updated roster choice screen.  I'm not really sure how it helps by going to the character that's in the center.  As pointed out, the remainder of the team usually comes from the start of your roster where your strong characters are so you end up tapping more than you need again!  This didn't seem to solve the problems that the assemble screen had.

Some other choices:
    - Put all playable versions of a required character to the front
    - Allow roster filtering by rarity on the assemble screen
    - Allow favorite teams to be saved
    - Allow favorite characters to be saved and put at the start of your roster

I'm sure there's plenty other suggestions that others have made.

EDIT - just noticed there's a whole thread on the front page with ideas!  
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Please fix this asap. I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug but I do know it's immensely irritating.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Asmodaeus said:
    Or how about making it a choice in the settings screen (like the other changes to the enemy ap display, animations, etc)?
    I doubt anyone want this "feature"(bug?) to be optional...
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    just adding another voice to revert the roster-position change asap until the bug is fixed.

from the version notes, it seems like it's intended to stay as it was before (go back to beginning of roster) EXCEPT when you come back from the train/info screens in particular, which makes perfect sense: scroll to a toon to select, check out numbers/power distribution etc, go back to where you were to select the rest of the team.

as is, it seems to have some very annoying side effects -

a. when a character is essential, the team select starts from its position in your roster (ugh 2* essential infinite scrolling).
    b. the position remains even between matches and nodes and not just when going between character info screen and toon selection = even more scrolling than before.

i'm usually not one to be needlessly critical, and in fact i am so very, VERY happy the devs are paying attention to quality of life changes (see points 2 and 4 in the update details - great stuff!), but this seems like something that you'd catch with even a bare minimum of testing... like, one run through ddq would have pointed it out.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this is their solution for the calls to more filter options. Back to the drawing board, I guess?
  • TriSentinel
    TriSentinel Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Full spectrum:

Legion or The Mandarin, I’d be happy with either.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'll resist the urge to comment one way or another, it's a brand new feature but a change to how things operate.  It will take a couple of days for the newly implemented change to feel natural.  
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    • When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen

This is so annoying and frustrating. Please go back to how it was. You made it worse. Now it goes to the middle of my roster every time. I usually use my Champed 4*'s, which are at the front of my roster that now I have to scroll pages upon pages of characters to get to. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Exactly what we didn't need was more senseless scrolling through the character select screen.  At the very least there should be a sort function. (talking about the character select defaulting to middle character).

Please hot fix this so it goes away.

(And yes, I picked the wrong Thanos in a mission because of it.)
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Characters in upcoming waves will no longer display before the wave completes.
    Does this also fix the issue with characters in the 2nd wave activating passives based on damage to the first wave? Or is that too much to ask and this is a display only fix?
    Unfortunately it does not. Confirmed in today's DDQ--downed a sentry, Captain Marvel appeared and immediately got her energy absorption off. Lame.
    It also doesn’t fix the display error. Big Enchilada, downed one enemy, Blade showed up, Court Death, Blade showed up for real this time as one of  the last 2 enemies.

Also, if you want to make roster selection easier, please just add tier filtering to it like normal roster viewing has. Scrolling instead of tapping might be nice too. This whole “focus roster on the middle character” thing is pretty bad.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one place where your roster should stay where it is, is in the roster screen, when you've just levelled someone up.  This change to Assemble Your Heroes is sub-optimum.
    I'd hoped this is what they changed, actually. Sad to see that's not the case.
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I get what they attempted to do but it's fairly useless since the supports button replaced the train button plus being able to save covers, I never scroll through my roster to train or level anyone anymore. 

Now I just look at who the upcoming boosted will be then maybe I'll look at them if I know they aren't champed.

Please change it back. 
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I see what they were going for but...yeah this is super annoying seeing as most people are playing with there most level'd character. the about of scrolling to the left i have to do is insane right now.
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Lukoil said:
    When you are in the Assemble Your Heroes screen, your position in the roster will be maintained when returning from the Train or Info screen

This thing had the worst side effect ever... Needing to scroll (well tap) to the start where all my 5 stars are shown is the worst. Please revert asap.

Or add a home button to take you to the start/left end.
    And then add sores and filters.

@Brigby - process check for the team... did anyone play test this before it went out (beyond checking the bug)... it is quickly apparent that it is not good...
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    zodiac339 said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Characters in upcoming waves will no longer display before the wave completes.
    Does this also fix the issue with characters in the 2nd wave activating passives based on damage to the first wave? Or is that too much to ask and this is a display only fix?
    Unfortunately it does not. Confirmed in today's DDQ--downed a sentry, Captain Marvel appeared and immediately got her energy absorption off. Lame.
    It also doesn’t fix the display error. Big Enchilada, downed one enemy, Blade showed up, Court Death, Blade showed up for real this time as one of  the last 2 enemies.
    That's a different bug.  The Big Enchilada only has one wave, therefore there are no characters in "upcoming waves".