Are you selling your Gambit?

1235»

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    tiomono said:
    You avoided ock because him and gambit were the only 2 characters you had zero chance of pulling.
    Really, he wasn't in the tokens?  I guess this confirms he is worse than Banner.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Welp, just sold him. I think he's still pretty good, but boring and I couldn't resist opening 14 5*s.

Thanos black, green
    Parker blue x2 (1 dupe), red
    JJ black, blue
    Bolt black
    Wasp yellow, black x2
    GR black
    Banner purple
    Panther yellow
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waiting until I try him post nerf
    I sold him. 

He's pretty useless in PvP now. I still found him helpful in PvE, but I've got JJ and Thor, so I'll be fine. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    I sold him, got some good covers , have a chance to champ Phoenix but not sure if it’s worth it 

disappointed I didn’t get any thanos covers as he’s the one I want to champ 
  • Rogue4Lyfe
    Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    No
    He's still fine after the nerf. Even though it's a bit harder and it takes longer to fire his power.
    I still like Gambit, he's chill
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    No
    Although I put No in the poll, it was before I found out that the Gambit sell was equitable.   He is low tiered only needed for essential pve, so my level 470 Gambit  been sold for 34  random five star covers, some were actually useful.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Did almost everyone sell him, I can barely see him in pvp now. So much for the nerf not going far enough. I have kept him for pve but he's trash now for pvp.

I'm taking huge amounts of damage now to Thor and DD because I have so little that can consistently work them down to half health and then kill them in one. All I see now is Thor. I need though to get a lot more diversity in my 5* roster so will come back to pvp when either the next meta drops or I have more 5*. Or can get my own half health thor to run.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Yes
    Tony_Foot said:
    Did almost everyone sell him, I can barely see him in pvp now. So much for the nerf not going far enough. I have kept him for pve but he's trash now for pvp.

I'm taking huge amounts of damage now to Thor and DD because I have so little that can consistently work them down to half health and then kill them in one. All I see now is Thor. I need though to get a lot more diversity in my 5* roster so will come back to pvp when either the next meta drops or I have more 5*. Or can get my own half health thor to run.
    No.  You just don't see him in PvP now because he's not that good.  If people have better options, they aren't using Gambit in PvP anymore.  The best advice is to bring MBW teamups if you're having problems with Thor or DD.
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    Tried to search but couldn't find a thread to answer my question...

How can I tell how many tokens I can get from selling my 0/3/1 Gambit, if I spend the iso to level him to 315?

Update: I'm an idiot and just found it 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Anyone know how long we have to decide before prices go back to normal?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    I said the hell with it and sold him. I'd love to tell you I did some weighty cost-benefit analysis with SPREADSHEETS and MATHEMATICS and GRAPHS but my whole thought process was pretty much "I've already wasted a ton of my life on this goofy game, I haven't got time to waste trying to squeeze value out of an overnerfed steaming pile."

Out of 13 covers, only 2 were champ levels and I got to champion my Black Panther. I'm cool with it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    Yes.  Mine was 1/4/0, I never used him unless I had to (or wanted the Latest Legends from the last season), and got 4 useful 5* covers from him..  He's now a bonus hero until I get one cover, just for essentials
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Looking at rosters so many people have sold him. Having played with him the last couple of days he's been gutted. Barely even useful in pve. RIP Gambit.