Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Even with the upcoming "nerf" he is still OP. I will sell him and collect my other 5* . That doesn't make sense ? Neither does a character giving free AP
    You mean Thor? Who already gives more free AP?
     :* 
     It's not free,  it has a cost of half his health
    Wow. Such a drawback. Must be so hard to work around. Must be why no one plays him on every single team in PVP or PVE.
    It's such a drawback that no one considers leveling him over level 533  for some reason. Not even the biggest whales want to max out this flaming pile it seems.
    You know, I have only seen like 3 or 4 level 533 Thor in the game.  The majority of the superwhales have him at 550.  Maybe its because you play in a certain slice that seems to have most of those 533's.  Maybe if you tried other slices, you would see the 550's.
    Hyperbole is a style. Though, how would you know about other slices? Are you visiting any of them? 
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    No
    Daiches said:
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Even with the upcoming "nerf" he is still OP. I will sell him and collect my other 5* . That doesn't make sense ? Neither does a character giving free AP
    Wow. Such a drawback. Must be so hard to work around. Must be why no one plays him on every single team in PVP or PVE.
    It's such a drawback that no one considers leveling him over level 533  for some reason. Not even the biggest whales want to max out this flaming pile it seems.
    You know, I have only seen like 3 or 4 level 533 Thor in the game.  The majority of the superwhales have him at 550.  Maybe its because you play in a certain slice that seems to have most of those 533's.  Maybe if you tried other slices, you would see the 550's.
    Hyperbole is a style. Though, how would you know about other slices? Are you visiting any of them? 
    I do, I just played in s5 in the first off season event.  Have you gone to another slice in the recent past?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes
    tiomono said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:

So gambits is totally free? It doesn't take up a move slot or anything?
    Yeah... it’s not like gambit can use (and abuse) the free AP he generated for free , for his 2 active powers
    And half health thor can use his free ap he generated for free, for his 3 active powers. 

We can do this all day. Gambit was on OP the devs went Tonya Harding on him. Thor is now arguably top dog in 5* land. But that's a much closer competition with gambit out of the picture.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **Please keep the thread on topic. Thanks!**
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    I do, I just played in s5 in the first off season event.  Have you gone to another slice in the recent past?
    Apologies to @ducky, but you're in my bracket for the first off-season event. Unless someone else is using your roster? 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Only time I ever sell a character is to generate ISO to champ their dupe.

Never going to sell a 5* that I've champed. No way. Spent too much time and effort champing them or it to be worth it. Besides, I'm mostly a collector in this game. Only characters I don't have are Yelena, Hawkeye and Venom.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    Hell no, as I've said before if It was for covers of my choice then yes. Otherwise the trade off isn't worth it.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    No
    I never got the covers to champ him and have used him maybe 3 times. I'll keep him because (a) I don't feel like I'm already losing him and (b) essentials.
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Yes
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:

Yeah... it’s not like gambit can use (and abuse) the free AP he generated for free , for his 2 active powers
    And half health thor can use his free ap he generated for free, for his 3 active powers. 

We can do this all day. Gambit was on OP the devs went Tonya Harding on him. Thor is now arguably top dog in 5* land. But that's a much closer competition with gambit out of the picture.
    I can do that all day yes ;) but I think you’re trolling 
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:

Ok now I know that you're trolling haha, good one! I first did not see that you wrote "Half health" Thor.
    "Full Health" thor is no threat in offense and the time he is generating AP, you have enough on your side to simply nuke him. Thor even if good is overrated. I think I never lost against him even while using boosted 4 stars.
    Anyway good thing Gambit is nerfed even if I would loved his passive totally removed.
    Can't wait to hit all those "God Thor" team with boosted 4stars ;)
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Waiting until I try him post nerf
    Selected this option as it's the closest to my own feelings on the matter. I MAY sell him, depending on the enhanced selling price. My Gambit is 255 still, but with six covers. I have a feeling that "new Gambit" may be a required character in PvE soon after his rebalance, so I'm not sure what to do. I don't have an extra cover waiting to roster him again at the moment. I will set him as my bonus 5* and see if the RNG deities smile upon me.
  • MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    No
    Considering I already have 3 champed 5s including gambit, selling him would not really do much for my MMR. The sell back price will probably be lower than necessary to get me to sell... and I am convinced RNG won’t shine brightly on me with those 5 star tokens anyways so it doesn’t make sense for me
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    No
    Daiches said:
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    grunth13 said:
    Daiches said:
    fmftint said:
    Daiches said:
    Apologies to @ducky, but you're in my bracket for the first off-season event. Unless someone else is using your roster? 
    Apologies to you, I forgot that Cap Marvel was the first off season event.  I went to s5 for the last event of the season...an event that matters for season score.  With that said, I still traveled to other slices recently and did not see any 533 Thors.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    I'm excited to sell him for 26 5* tokens , I'm bored with gambit anyways , his AP destruction and countdown tile overwrite were his main features for me , with him not at the top of the heap anymore I'll be glad to get some champ levels for my other 5*s . My JJ is at level 476 so I feel pretty safe.
    I'll eventually re champ gambit one day I'm sure but I think selling him for those  tokens is a great opportunity , I dont care about the iso loss (I have 4million stock pilled) . I hate nerfs and I sold OML when he got clipped (was only lvl 390) but I'm honestly so sick of using gambit in pvp at this point that I'm okay with it.... I'm probably gonna take a season off tho
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    No
    My choices are:
    Keep as a low node meat stick for Thanos
    Or a bunch of saved covers for other meat sticks. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    No
    evade420 said:
    I'm excited to sell him for 26 5* tokens , I'm bored with gambit anyways , his AP destruction and countdown tile overwrite were his main features for me , with him not at the top of the heap anymore I'll be glad to get some champ levels for my other 5*s . My JJ is at level 476 so I feel pretty safe.
    I'll eventually re champ gambit one day I'm sure but I think selling him for those  tokens is a great opportunity , I dont care about the iso loss (I have 4million stock pilled) . I hate nerfs and I sold OML when he got clipped (was only lvl 390) but I'm honestly so sick of using gambit in pvp at this point that I'm okay with it.... I'm probably gonna take a season off tho
    Watch out. You are gonna want to check how many tokens they are offering before you sell.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Yes

Watch out. You are gonna want to check how many tokens they are offering before you sell.
    Good point,  I was assuming it was a 1 for 1 sell back
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Yes
    He's only got 9 covers but I would literally rather have anyone else but him. Like I am kinda bummed Ock ain't in the pool. Just because it's a really boring nerf to character I'm over already. 
    We'll have to see what the buyback ratio is of course, if its some 5:1 saved cover rate = fuhgettaboutit! and he'll be sitting there for my 5E but I'm willing to gamble on getting more Thor/Okoye covers if its 1:1 and putting him firmly on the backburner.

Never have forgiven him for the Morlocks.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I’m leaning toward yes. I’ve got Thor, Gambit, GRRR, and Spidey (PP) champed but quite a few other 5* with 10-12 covers. I never needed Gambit, I just liked him. I want to champ other 5*s. 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I knew the Nerf would be bad but this is completely unnaceptable. I will be uninstalling at the end of the week.
    I have no confidence in the development team.
    What's the point, they give with one hand and take with the other.
    It really is a Gambit screw job.
    I don't trust these guys to do the right with marvel characters. So for my own mental health I will be uninstalling
    The end.